Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Stellaris - New Sci-Fi Grand Strategy by Paradox

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: New Paradox IP to be revealed at Gamescom - Code named "Augustus"

I must say i am excited to see how this turns out.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

Didn't see that coming, I would still like to see EU Rome 2 though.

It sounds super-mega awesome. On the level of "I don't ever have to buy another game EVER".

Will probably crash and burn and become fairly bland. The concept is awesome though!
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

-Wanna play as martians? buy some dlc for that
    -Want some fancy logo's on your spaceship? there is other dlc for that as well
    -Wanna build a super awesome building? make sure you have the right dlc
    -Wanna travel to alpha centauri? Sorry, thats only for people who have the dlc.

repeat at infinitum. Thats probably how this will turn out, its Paradox...

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    -Wanna play as martians? buy some dlc for that
    -Want some fancy logo's on your spaceship? there is other dlc for that as well
    -Wanna build a super awesome building? make sure you have the right dlc
    -Wanna travel to alpha centauri? Sorry, thats only for people who have the dlc.

repeat at infinitum. Thats probably how this will turn out, its Paradox...
    No doubt....

I still want an antiquity game goddamit. The fourth iteration of WWII in devlopment but only one subpar anitquity game-

But, after the initial disappointment I'm curios about the new project. Internal factions is sth. nearly all space games lack, so it's cool to have inner-empire diplomacy.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stellaris - New Sci-Fi Grand Strategy by Paradox

After reading this article by Rock Paper Shotgun, I NEED this: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015...strategy-game/.

Also I updated the thread title, and I'll update the OP once I'm done getting Windows 10 installed
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

It's officially announced now:
    https://www.paradoxplaza.com/news/Au...nced-Gamescom/

http://www.stellarisgame.com

I'm curious to see how they made this map work. If it's 3D or a bit simplified.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Am I the only one thinking this reveal trailer is terrible? It says absolutely nothing about the game other than "look at this, it's sci-fi!". Don't get me wrong, I'm interested to see what Paradox do with this, but I get annoyed when I see nothing of gameplay in a game trailer.

Looking around there's a few things that resemble low quality screenshots, but it's hard to glean anything from any of them.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I had hoped for a bit more in the video as well...

Teaser trailers never really do much, may as well just make an announcement saying "We're making a new game, it's set in space and called Stellaris, yay!" and save the effort.

From the screenshots it looks very much like an updated Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, which is a great game, so that's fine by me. Should be interesting to see what they do with this.

It seems more in-depht and random than other games in the genre. That's what interests me. And also scares me, because whenever something is really in-depth and "random" it isn't. Hello Spore.
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

Except Spore was more about evolution, with a space game that didn't really have an end to it. This is all about the space game.

And its paradox, not EA.

Yeah, why the hell people are all thinking about Spore? Its freaking EA...
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    Except Spore was more about evolution, with a space game that didn't really have an end to it. This is all about the space game.

And its paradox, not EA.
    I am not comparing them content wise but the selling points are comparable.

Spore was to be in-depth with every play-through being unique. Ended up trying for too much and being a pile of .

Stellaris sounds awesome. It's meant to be in-depth and with every play-through being unique. Paradox is much more likely to deliver this of course, but still.

Bill Shankly

I also liked sid meiers civilization. But beyond earth is outright rubbish.

German magazine Gamestar has an extensive preview with some I think new infos:

The most interesting points for me were about the races, and how there might be created more during the game:
    Apart from big empires splitting up into more factions, there are also less developped species, where you have serveral options, ranging from observation, abduction & eperiments, or giving them space-travel technolgies and incorporate them into your empire.
    There are also planets with species that don't have conscience yet, you can play god and influence their evolution, and grow them into a slave race that can colonize planets that are inhospitable for your species, or superior warriors etc...
    Lastly there are fallen empires who can still use their superior tech, but have lost the knowledge to rebuild/repair them.

Sound really really cool imo
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; August 11, 2015 at 05:33 AM.

That does sound really cool, I'm just hoping Paradox will do this without turning it into endless dlc spam as with Europa and Crusader Kings. I love those games, but jesus christ is there too much dlc for them.

It worries me slightly that you can customise your race and spaceship. Imo there shouldn't be too much focus on such details.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I need HoI4, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Anybody been following their dev diaries? It sounds like this is in no way a generic space-strategy game, they have shown some really fresh ideas, actually I'm really hyped about this now.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast