Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Units you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    If anybody from CA is lurking, the Rat Wolf would make perfect mounts for Stormvermin.
    Why ride Rat Wolves when you can ride Rat Ogres?

I'd love to see a unit of Stormvermin riding Rat Ogres. It makes sense lore-wise. These would be exceptionally rare, and maybe available only to a few clans, or only to Clan Moulder.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Don't get me wrong on this, I respect faction choices

But I'll never understand what people see in overgrown rats. They look bloody ugly to me

Quote Originally Posted by scoicarius View Post
    Why ride Rat Wolves when you can ride Rat Ogres?

I'd love to see a unit of Stormvermin riding Rat Ogres. It makes sense lore-wise. These would be exceptionally rare, and maybe available only to a few clans, or only to Clan Moulder.
    Bam. There you go. Ultra heavy slow cavalry with the potential to eat your own troops. I love it.

Source (x)

Quote Originally Posted by aquila_mars View Post
    Don't get me wrong on this, I respect faction choices

But I'll never understand what people see in overgrown rats. They look bloody ugly to me
    I think a lot of it has to do with their flavor. Also puns. C'mon man. Rattling guns?

Also the larger based models look pretty boss.

Source (x)

Plus there is a lot of dark humor associated with the rat men.
    Forward, march!

Necropolis Knights

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sepulchral Stalkers

Some of my favorite creatures in Warhammer. These I also can't wait to see animated. They'd take more effort to animate properly than most units (due to the snaking motion), but if they succeed, it would be an unforgettable sight. It would be so awesome if they can bury in the sand and move while buried (more slowly, to balance it).
    Last edited by scoicarius; October 08, 2015 at 02:24 AM.
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

Gyrocopters and Bombers, DOOMWHEELS, Irondrakes, Slayers (both as heros/agents and as units) some sort of ordinary magicians for other races, and Runelords, maybe with the Anvil of Dooms.

Hierotitans

These are basically giant-sized spell-casting animated constructs. They act as magical loci for Tomb Kings spellcasters(*) and can cast two bound spells (linked to the items they carry): Shem's Burning Gaze (from the Lore of Light), a Magic Missile flaming attack, and Spirit Leech (from the Lore of Death), a short-range Direct Damage spell good against individual units.

(*) In translation, in the TT game they have an aura within which spellcasters have an increased chance of casting spells (they add +D3 to the casting result of each spell they attempt to cast).
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 31, 2015 at 09:10 PM.

Ushabti

The Ushabti are the guardian statues of the great pyramids of the Tomb Kings. In times of war, the Liche Priests imbue the Ushabti with tremendous power, working with the ancient Necrotects to give the statues unnatural life. When the Tomb Kings march to war, the Ushabti accompany them, striding silently through the sands, implacable in their advance. They carry fearsome double-handed glaives that no man could ever hope to lift, loping off limbs, heads and anything else that gets in their way.

Khemrian Warsphinx

Necrosphinx

Tomb Scorpion

The Tomb Scorpions once guarded the tombs of ancient kings, ensuring that those of a curious nature never escaped alive. Now their Undead husks are bound to the spirit of a mummified Liche Priest, whose ruined body is carried within the carapace of the Scorpion. As a result, the Tomb Scorpions are immensely powerful and highly resistant to magic, their own vengeful spirits bolstered by the proximity of the Liche Priest within them. Beneath the field of battle they wait patiently until they are called to the surface, their claws tearing through anything above them in a swelter of gore.

If there's an irritating unit in your way, or a War Machine that threatens to interfere with the path of your implacable legion, then you will find that Tomb Scorpions are particularly useful. They can surface at any point on the battlefield - for example, right underneath those annoying units or War Machine - where it can then rip apart your opponent's plans with razor-sharp precision.

Khemric Titan

Last edited by scoicarius; August 31, 2015 at 09:51 PM.

And a few more pretty pictures (captured by me from the 8th edition army book):

I love the colorful style of the last two. How I hope they manage to capture the feel of these images.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Reminds me of the scorpion king's warriors in the Mummy 2.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Ships for all (or most) factions

These are all the Warhammer ships I've been able to find so far (if you know of more, please let me know):

Impressive looking ships, hope we'll see them in the future expansions, for now it's better off without them. Never really bother with naval battles in Rome or Attila, I like ships but battles never work for me especially ramming thingy... Shogun 2 Fall of Samurai now that is naval battle or one from Empire TW.

Now speaking about units let me put at least two I want to see

Vargheist

Vargheists are the darkness in a Vampire's soul made manifest. They are towering winged humanoids, each several times the size of a man. Though the Vargheists were once noble Vampires, they have since devolved into ravening predators desperate for the taste of blood

Varghulf

Within every Vampire lurks a predatory creature, driven to feed on blood time and again. There are a few Vampires who embrace their thirst, who allow the bestial hunter within to take over. These are the Varghulfs - blood-mad killers that exist only to feed. A Varghulf's main weapon is a wide mouth filled with dagger-like fangs capable of puncturing armour and crushing bone. They use their immense claws to strip flesh from bones, the better to suck at the marrow of their prey.

I hope there will be a random event for vampire counts with a Strigoi

Have to send an entire elite unit to kill the thing

It would be so nice if all vampire bloodlines were playable, each with its unique playing style, army composition (some having easier access to certain units) and quest lines (I'd especially like to play with Necrarch, Lahmia, Blood Dragon and Strigoi vampires, in this order).
    Last edited by scoicarius; September 07, 2015 at 07:50 AM.

I can't wait for them to show the Vampire Counts. A few pictures in the meantime (most of them captured by me), showing most of their units and (hopefully) conveying the feel of one of my favorite factions:

Vlad von Carstein

Isabella von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein

Mannfred von Carstein

Abhorash, first of the Blood Dragons

Lahmia Vampire

Strigoi vampire

Heinrich Kemmler

Necromancer

Krell, Lord of Undeath

Wight King

Wight King

Hexwraith

Spirit Host

Tomb Banshees

Black Coach

Coven Throne

Mortis Engine

Cairn Wraith

Corpse Cart

Vargheists

Varghulf

Crypt Ghouls

Crypt Horrors

Dire Wolves

Bat Swarm

Fell Bats

Last edited by scoicarius; September 08, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

I think it would be cooler if the Vampires had less insane looks. Like, my favourite picture was the one where (Vlad, right?) wears the red Armour. He looks so high class while so Vampiric and powerful. I mean, you won't ascend to Emperorhood looking like you came straight outta Sylvania.

Necrarch Vampires
    Necrarchs are the rarest of the Vampire families. They are incomprehensible creatures, wracked with madness and are utterly inhuman. Whereas many Vampires seek dominion over the Human kingdoms either by cunning or might of arms, the Necrarchs wish to see the end of all living things.

They are reeking, rotting horrors, and few men can gaze at their horrifying visage without trembling. Of all the Vampires, the Necrarchs alone do not require blood to sustain themselves. While most Vampires must hunt for the blood of men to survive, the Necrarchs can hide far from the eyes of men and concentrate upon their study of black magic. It is not known how they manage to avoid the most terrible of Vampire curses. The Necrarchs do not see the world as do other Vampires. To them the world of the living is but a blurred image, while the world of the dead, the bodies in their graves, the corpses and overflowing charnel houses are crystal clear and far more real than the mortal world filled with life.

Necrarchs live in secluded towers and dens, far away from human cities or towns. Hidden by sorcerous wards and guarded by their Undead servants, the Necrarchs devote their eternal lives to the study of magic. Necrarchs are loners; they are alchemists and sorcerers whom few can match. In the arts of black sorcery they have no equals amongst Vampires, and this more than compensates for their fighting skills, which are poor in comparison with those of other Vampires. Only very rarely do the Necrarchs openly march to war, but at such times they are perhaps more dangerous than any other lords of Undeath, for with their necromantic lore, the Necrarchs can raise huge armies of Undead. Such wars are fought not for earthly gain or temporal power, but rather for acquiring knowledge and magical lore.

Because of their rarity, many scholars doubt whether the Necrarchs still exist, but in the dark places of the world, hidden from the eyes of mortals, the Necrarchs continue their slow, insidious work, for one day their labors will bear fruit, and the world will know horror unlike any before.

W'soran

Zacharias the Everliving

Last edited by scoicarius; September 07, 2015 at 09:26 AM.

I really really like Warhammer art because of this, some creatures are so despicable looking that you just want to smash its face in with righteous anger

I hope there will be dragons and wyverns

Well, those are in the gameplay trailers, so I wouldn't worry.