Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Units you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Sheep View Post
    Sword Masters of Hoeth.

Personally, I just want to see them running forward into the battlefield deflecting arrows with their greatswords as they advance.

.... also White Lion Chariots.

So many gorgeous-looking units in Warhammer. I can't wait to see all of them animated.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Indeed, the Wardancer of the Woodelves hopefully will have fantastic animations and switch them up, depending which "dance" you.

Even thou it will be quite interesting to see, how CA handles elves. After all, elves are glass cannon with high innovative. And innovative a foreign concept for tw, till now.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioGermanicus View Post
    Indeed, the Wardancer of the Woodelves hopefully will have fantastic animations and switch them up, depending which "dance" you.

Even thou it will be quite interesting to see, how CA handles elves. After all, elves are glass cannon with high innovative. And innovative a foreign concept for tw, till now.
    I'm very curious how they manage to translate all the mechanics from the tabletop game for the new medium.
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by scoicarius View Post
    I'm very curious how they manage to translate all the mechanics from the tabletop game for the new medium.
    Pure speculation of my part, but I think the fact that we see a Warhammer TW in the first place has maybe a lot to do with the new defender reactions of charges to do.
    In "Call to Warhammer" a unit of Hoth Swordmaster, that got charge by Calvary, was simply devastated. Since they didn't have the vital first strike.
    With the fact that defenders react and attack back on charges, could mean that things like "first strike" can get translated, hence the swordmaster could strike down a knight before he made the damage (like in the TT).

Pure speculation of my part, but I think the fact that we see a Warhammer TW in the first place has maybe a lot to do with the new defender reactions of charges to do.
    In "Call to Warhammer" a unit of Hoth Swordmaster, that got charge by Calvary, was simply devastated. Since they didn't have the vital first strike.
    With the fact that defenders react and attack back on charges, could mean that things like "first strike" can get translated, hence the swordmaster could strike down a knight before he made the damage (like in the TT).
    First Strike would be quite easy to implement I imagine. Basically it could negate (frontal) charges, and act as a charge in reverse, where the defender not the attacker gets the bonus hits/damage. Hopefully they do implement it.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 24, 2015 at 09:06 PM.

I hope to see fully fleshed out Vampire Counts unit roster, all of them.

But most of all I'm curious how they'll implement monstrous infantry, especially Vargheist and Varghulf my two favourite units.
    Just finished reading Army book yesterday, sad and pitiful background for those two.

Also want to see swarm units, bats and fell bats larger and they're monstrous flyers.

Noone mentioned Star Dragons?
    The words of a banished king "I swear revenge"
    Filled with anger aflamed our hearts
    Full of hate full of pride
    We screamed for revenge

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

First strike and similar tabletop mechanics are too gamey. Obviously the guys with the warhorses and 5 m long lances are going to hit the infantry when coming in charging at 30km/h

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    First strike and similar tabletop mechanics are too gamey. Obviously the guys with the warhorses and 5 m long lances are going to hit the infantry when coming in charging at 30km/h
    In a real world scenario I would agree, but this is fantasy and we talk about guys which can deflect arrows with great swords...

Also: it is a game. Don't insult games with the fact that they are "gamey".

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    I was thinking of something like this:

Minute 2:57 in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhjDnrw34QA

So an expression of a certain style of fighting and exceptional discipline. But, otherwise, units with longer reach (like in your Knights example) should definitely strike first.

In a real world scenario I would agree, but this is fantasy and we talk about guys which can deflect arrows with great swords...
    I'd still like it to make sense, and for the Warhammer world to be internally coherent. Yes, it is fantasy, but the world is modeled after our own and largely obeys the same physical laws, which is bound to create certain expectations. Deflecting arrows with great swords can make sense, if the swordmasters are very quick and very strong (like vampires), or they are very quick and the swords are very light (something like Mithril in Lord of the Rings).
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 27, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

Chaos War Mammoths

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I don't know much about these, only that they look damn awesome. Hope they make it into the game eventually.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 25, 2015 at 07:20 PM.

Skaven Mounts

In the picture below, from left to right: the War-Litter, the Rat Ogre Bonebreaker, and the Great Pox Rat.

In the picture below: the Brood Horror.

Last edited by scoicarius; August 26, 2015 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NejkoPejko View Post
    Noone mentioned Star Dragons?

Dragons have three main classifications, the names invented by the Elves for dragons of varying age. In the modern age, this only applies to the dragons of Ulthuan and some dragons from the Old World - those that are not Chaos Dragons or Forest Dragons:
    • Sun Dragons are the youngest of all dragons, though still formiddable. They are named for the warm hue of their scales and their suitably hot tempers.
    • Moon Dragons are dragons of middle age and size, substantially larger than Sun Dragons, but more even tempered. Moon Dragons are rarely seen except in times of great upheaval.
    • Star Dragons are the largest, oldest and most formiddable of all dragons, laying waste to vast swathes of land, and entire cities when their ire is roused. White coloured, often with blue pigments, these dragons are truly legendary creatures, able to do battle with even Greater Daemons and emerge victorious.

On top of this, there are 3 other characteristics:
    • Fire Dragons are the most common and therefor the most feared. They obviously breathe flames
    • Ice Dragons live in the coldest parts of the world. Often silver, blue and white colored. They breathe super cold frost that freezes all.
    • Storm Dragons are the rarest of all. Using the effects of a storm (hence the name) such as lightning.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 26, 2015 at 07:59 AM.

The Hellbeast of Seep-Gore

Clan Gritus have become so successful in preying on weakling clans that in recent years they have amassed a large surplus of wealth. The Clan's chieftains have traded chests filled with warpstone and commissioned the Master Moulders of Hell Pit to create for them a hideous creature of unparalleled size and ferocity - the Hellbeast of Seep-Gore. With it, Clan Gritus plan to attack and slaughter their former masters, Clan Mors; the time of their revenge is almost at hand...
    I'd love to see/play with all the unique creatures of the Warhammer World. Some of them (such as the Hellbeast) could be only one-of, as a reflection of their rarity and/or the lore.

Hopefully they implement the clans for the Skaven, and make playing with each of them unique. I've recently read the Uniforms & Heraldry of the Skaven book (that's where the picture is from), and the clans are so distinctive and flavorful. There's so much potential here.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 27, 2015 at 09:42 AM.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hellbeast DLC.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

The Skaven Clanfleets and Skaven Pirates

In case you didn't know (I didn't), the Skaven have ships, and there are two pirate clans: Clan Skurvy, and Clan Skuttle, their arch-rivals.

The Skaven of Clan Skurvy are a bunch of mangy cutthroats and many bear the scars of their trade, including lost eyes and limbs. Clan Skurvy controls the largest of all the Skaven Clanfleets, having gnawed out the cavern-harbour known as Spineport. From here the clan's ramshackle fleet reaps a fortune (and no small amount of dread repute) from piracy, much of which is spent on buying and press-ganging replacement slaves to replenish the fleet's short-lived crew. Clan Skurvy's spoils are also supplanted by salvaging wrecks off the coast of the Isle of Sirens, bounty that is hauled back to the clan's secret lair beaneath the Tilean city of Tobarro. On board a clanship, every Skaven is a supspect of mutiny, which is just as well as they are all planning to do it sooner or later. No clawcaptain keeps command for long unless he is utterly ruthless, and those that lapse for even a moment tend to 'fall' overboard or 'accidentally' walk the plank.
    Clan Skurvy has the largest Clanfleet in all Skavendom and ships such as The Clanship Bubonic, Black Pox and The Teeth of Spineport have been plaguing the seas for many decades.
    I'd love to see Skaven pirates!
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 27, 2015 at 12:53 PM.

Mutated Skaven

Mutated Skaven is something I'd love to see, especially with the Chaos mutations system I came up with a while ago:
    Chaos mutations. I’d really like to see mutations properly implemented for the Chaos faction. More specifically, I'd like to see several kinds of mutations:

• neutral mutations: represent the taint of Chaos from exposure to the Chaos Wastes and Warpstone, and casting Chaos spells, so mutations with no allegiance to a Chaos God
    • god-specific mutations: favors from the Chaos Gods, which reflect both visually and functionally the God they were granted by (mutations granted by Tzeentch would be radically different from mutations granted by Nurgle)
    • "aesthetic" mutations: purely visual; they would appear and become more and more dramatic as a unit gains experience, casts Chaos spells, or with exposure to the Chaos Wastes and Warpstone
    • functional mutations: mutations that grant specific abilities, either passive or active; they would be gained at specific thresholds

Mutations would be random, and a unit would have a limited number of "mutation slots" (which would vary from unit to unit). So if there are say 30 neutral mutations in total, a unit with 3 mutation slots would gain 3 mutations randomly chosen from that list.

Examples of mutations: extra limbs (visual/functional), extra head (visual), tentacles (visual/functional), horns (visual/functional), sharp teeth (visual/functional), claws (visual/functional), poison blood (functional), lashing tongue (visual/functional), tail (visual/functional) etc. Each specific type of mutation would have numerous distinct patterns.

I'd also like to see a mechanic where disgraced Champions of Chaos would turn into Chaos Spawn. And I'd like to see many types of Chaos Spawn: god-specific (so a Chaos Spawn of Khorne would be very different from a Chaos Spawn of Nurgle) and with a variety of monstrous mutations (with the "mutation slot" system described above).

Example mutations:

I'd also like to see a mechanic where disgraced Champions of Chaos would turn into Chaos Spawn. And I'd like to see many types of Chaos Spawn: god-specific (so a Chaos Spawn of Khorne would be very different from a Chaos Spawn of Nurgle) and with a variety of monstrous mutations (with the "mutation slot" system described above).
    Speaking of god-specific Chaos Spawn, here's what I mean:

Chaos Spawn of Khorne

Chaos Spawn of Tzeentch

Chaos Spawn of Slaanesh

Chaos Spawn of Nurgle

Last edited by scoicarius; August 30, 2015 at 07:47 PM.

Some great units and creatures here , i would love to see ingame depiction of Warhammer artwork like this if possible ( with all units included of course ) :

And this maybe in expansion :

Quote Originally Posted by kelembribor21 View Post
    i would love to see ingame depiction of Warhammer artwork like this if possible
    Don't get me started on those.

Last edited by scoicarius; August 28, 2015 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    I'd love me some black knights of Morr. Or anything Morr related for that matter.

Damn the Knights of Morr look good in Call of Warhammer, even better than the miniatures:

Last edited by scoicarius; August 28, 2015 at 08:46 PM.