Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Units you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Grail Knights.

Shameless self promotion for my LP channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClE...NDSg/playlists

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Big 'Uns

A Big 'Un is a name used to describe the largest Orc warriors within a tribe, acting as both the enforcers and as a dedicated retinue of tough-to-kill heavy infantry for many Greenskin armies. These are Orcs who have grown to such a size that they tower over the rest of their tribe and are decked-out with some of the best armor and weapons around.

These massive Orcs are considered the enforcers and lieutenants of the tribe's currently living Orc Warboss, where their duties usually mean that they go around bashing the heads of those disobedient Orcs who try to stir up trouble. Only the largest and toughest Orcs are allowed into this group of bruisers, and the most common way for an Orc to become a Big 'Un is to simply challenge one in combat.[...]

When the tribes are pressed into battle, the Big 'Uns are known to congregate into their own warbands of heavy infantry whose responsibility is to safeguard the Warboss from all threats. They have also been known to wander around the battlefield as a disciplinary force that keeps the Greenskin horde in line. Should there be brawls springing up amongst the ranks, the Big 'Un are often sent to quell the infighting before it gets out of control. However, should the situation demand it, the Big 'Uns have also been known to fight in the thickest of battle, where their toughness and armored bodies can endure the worst the enemy can throw at them.
    Black Orcs are amongst the biggest, meanest, strongest, and most brutal of all the Greenskin races. Named after their darker shade of green, their thick black armor and their horrendously foul odor, the Black Orc are considered by many to be the true pinnacle of an Orcish warrior. These beasts are grim and singularly-focused on war, an occupation that they take far more seriously than even others of their own kind. Equipped with some of the best weapons and armor in the tribe, these fierce fighters provide the tribe with a much more dedicated source of heavy infantry.
    [...]
    Only the strongest of the Greenskins, such as the Big 'Uns or an Orc Warboss can ever hope to match the skills and strength of a typical Black Orc.
    I really want to see Big 'Uns, not just Black Orcs, and I'd like both Big 'Uns and Black Orcs to be visibly bigger in size than regular Orcs. I think the miniatures don't do them justice (in terms of size), that's why I wouldn't use them as a reference.

Orcs have an adrenaline-fuelled metabolism, which means that they grow in size, strength, endurance, and belligerence as they fight and defeat opponents. An Orc will only stop growing when he finds an opponent that he can't beat.
    I'd love to see this translated into gameplay. And, with such a system, it would be awesome to see occasional Ogre-sized Orcs (very rare).

Last edited by scoicarius; August 25, 2015 at 09:37 PM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

This picture makes me really wish they implement musicians:

Just imagine how different (and crazy) they'd look from faction to faction. Moreover, I'd like to be able to actually hear the musicians.

There could even be fixed platforms for musicians like in the picture when defending forts, which would confer a morale bonus, amplify spell-casting, or whatnot.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 11, 2015 at 09:11 AM.
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Zephyrus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Orc biology as fungal creatures is so ing stupid. They should have had them mate with gobliness or captive female slaves.
    SEMPER FIDELIS Remember Constantinople Κωνσταντινούπολη

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
    Orc biology as fungal creatures is so ing stupid. They should have had them mate with gobliness or captive female slaves.
    They clearly had fun designing the greenskins. I don't regard it as stupid. One more lovingly crazy detail about the lovingly crazy Warhammer world.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

I found a screenshot from CA graphics Team of an Orc. Light interpretation as usual. As you know CA like to add a little Bit of on style.

http://trift.org/wp-content/uploads/...ry205_alf1.jpg
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Empire Battle Wizards
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Wizards are strange figures who wield awesome magical powers and are privy to secrets, usually beyond the ken of ordinary folk. Trained at the Colleges of Magic for many years, arcane power courses through their veins and lurks behind their eyes like the thunder before a storm.

Each Wizard can bend one of the eight Winds of Magic to his will and each of the Lores of Magic has the power to smite the enemies of the Empire. Able to hurl bolts of fire and lightning at their foes, confound them with illusions or snuff out their life-force like a man blowing out a candle, it is a rare army that marches to war without at least one Battle Wizard among its ranks.
    I'd love to see all Lores of Magic implemented(*). Hopefully the Empire will have access to wizards from all eight Classic Lores, each different in appearance.

I especially look forward to seeing Bright Wizards:

I've seen many models, but the one I liked most was from Warhammer Online:

---

(*) On magic in Warhammer: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Magic
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 14, 2015 at 11:22 AM.

The bright wizards are definately one of GW's wierdest designs.

I love how they look and dress completely bonkers even by the empire's standards.

You gotta try really hard to look excentric in that universe. I really hope they're gonna feel like the battle mages.
    Unstable but whirlwinds of destruction.

_

The wizards I'm looking forward to the most right now are the Amber ones.

I hope they'll be able to panic enemy cavalry and turn into warbeasts.

Tiro

The Vermintide Wizard may have the "usual" WAR iconic stlye but, damn
    http://www.vermintide.com/heroes/bright-wizard/
    I find her face so ugly
    Ah well, maybe she get a face lifting before release. And even if not, the game could get bigger problems we all know from Left 4 Dead. Like
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=289

-----Red Dox

The Woman 's in her 50s or 60s,
    what would ya expect.

Tiro

Something more like
    Flemeth: http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Ric...?cb=1343151697
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Flemeth
    as in "old" but not butt ugly. Or, if you want the tits & ass department for the "younger" crowd, take a young fire witch from the start
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3158/2...z.jpg%3Fzz%3D1
    http://orig03.deviantart.net/9815/f/..._by_memnoh.jpg

The old WAR customization had several options also to make a "older" and/or uglier face, but in an MMO at least it is customization and personal style/RPG how the charakter ends up Who does not remember any more or want to dive in for old times sake ---> http://www.returnofreckoning.com/index.php

-----Red Dox

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by MissRarity View Post
    Grail Knights.
    +
    Pegasus Knights

Har Ganeth Executioners

These are the older models. I like them much more than the latest models:

Why on earth did they have to change them?
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 25, 2015 at 09:39 PM.

The Empire Knightly Orders

Clad in gleaming suits of heavy plate armour and armed with weaponry of the highest quality, the Knightly Orders of the Empire are heroic brotherhoods, the most famous of which have histories stretching back centuries. Hanging in their chapter are ancient banners that were first raised during the earliest days of the Empire, when their first warriors fought in the time of Sigmar.

One of the mightiest Knightly Orders, the Reiksguard is sworn to protect the life of the Emperor. The annals of the Empire are rich with records of decisive battles that have been swayed by their timely charge and stoic bravery, and their Grand Master, the Reiksmarshal, is second only to the Emperor himself in matters of war.

If your battle takes a turn for the worse, you can always rely upon your Empire Knights to see you through. These old boys have been there, done that, and killed pretty much everything several times over, so you can depend upon them for delivering that brutal charge just when you need it. They're among the most heavily armoured warriors in the Warhammer world, so you will find them particularly resilient to enemy attacks.
    I'd love to see all Knighly Orders:

• The Reiksguard
    • The Knights Panther
    • The Knights of the White Wolf
    • The Knights of the Blazing Sun
    • The Knights of the Everlasting Knight
    • The Knights of Sigmar's Blood
    • The Knights Griffon
    • The Knights of the Black Rose
    • The Knights of the Broken Sword

From the Uniforms & Heraldry of the Empire book:

I dream of fielding an army consisting of all Knightly Orders. What a sight that would be!
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 25, 2015 at 09:45 PM.

This is the stuff I'd expect/hope to be DLC.

I'd love me some black knights of Morr. Or anything Morr related for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    I'd love me some black knights of Morr. Or anything Morr related for that matter.
    Are those fine-looking gents another Empire Knightly Order?

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by scoicarius View Post
    Are those fine-looking gents another Empire Knightly Order?
    Yes, the Knights of Morr, The god of death.

There is much more Knightly Orders than just these from the Uniforms and Heraldy of the Empire book.
    http://warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Kn..._of_the_Empire
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...nightly-Orders

Thanks Kamel07! I didn't know they were that many. My imagined army of knights looks even more impressive now.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 22, 2015 at 06:53 AM.