Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Units you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Best we will See all are already as figures available.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Units/creatures you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Quote Originally Posted by englisharcher89 View Post
    Mainly Vampire Counts, but also happy to see The Empire units. Not going to post any other Races, only playable.

Varghulf
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Vargheist

Terrorgheist

This what I want to see as mega wishlist. I know that all Empire units are present, including my fav hellblaster, Greatswords and Pistoliers.
    The Vampire Counts have so many superb units which I can't wait to see animated.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 01, 2015 at 08:19 AM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Prince Apophas

Prince Apophas was condemned to death after murdering the entire royal family of Numas. For such a heinous crime, he was entombed alive within a sarcophagus filled with flesh-eating scarabs. Upon his inevitable death, Apophas' soul was claimed by Usirian, god of the Underworld, to be tormented in perpetuity for his crimes. Apophas now roams the desert, searching for a soul to give to Usirian in exchange for his own. To this end, he will often appear in the midst of battle, tasked with the execution of an enemy hero. No matter how hard his enemies swipe and hack at his horrifying form, the scarabs that make up his body will flow over open wounds and re-grow lost limbs. Apohas is utterly implacable, and he will not stop until his victim lies dead by his hand.
    Yet another unit which could look truly spectacular animated. Imagine Apophas snaking in the air around enemy units, like in the picture above, said units hacking impotently at its ever-shifting body, and imagine him engulfing units and devouring them alive, the victims screaming horribly, until only skeletons remain.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 25, 2015 at 09:29 PM.
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

If the soul of the guy was claimed in perpetuity by an underworld god, to be tormented... how come that guy roams the desert and battlefields?

Found this cool looking Black Knights, excellent work... this is going to be my hammer and anvil shock cav

Also need to share this, because it's what I want to see, which means "generic" lol Vampire Lord

Last edited by englisharcher89; July 30, 2015 at 04:29 AM.

Those models look absolutely gorgeous! Some of the most beautiful-looking Black Knights I've seen. I really hope they use these as reference and inspiration.

Trolls

Stone Trolls

River Trolls

Trolls are large and hideous creatures, bestial and foul with long gangling limbs and cold damp hides. Their flesh is able to regrow almost as quickly as it is damaged. If a Troll's hand is severed a fresh one will grown from the stump. Trolls join Orcs and Goblins as they march to war, attracted by the rotten carcasses and bones on which they like to feast.
    I'd love to see the Trolls' extraordinary regenerative capacity fully animated. Imagine that! I'd also like to see all types of Trolls in the game, with a large variety of individual models, and a variety of (makeshift) weapons.

It would be interesting if they made the Troll varieties different not only in appearance, but also in function. For example:
    Stone Trolls are usually blue/grey/brown colored Trolls with long noses, lanky builds and pebbly skin. They live in the high mountains where there is little to eat except stones. It is also believed that stone trolls' rocky diet has made them resistant to the weather and most forms of magic, among other things. Combined with their already supernatural ability to regenerate physical damage, this resistance makes the Stone Troll a very dangerous opponent.
    River Trolls are green colored Trolls with huge fangs, wide ears and blue scales along their body. They live in the marshes, swamps, lakes and rivers of the Old World. River trolls are noted for the fact that even compared to normal trolls, they are exceptionally disgusting and smelly, being quite possibly the most pungent creatures to live in the Old World. The stench of rotten fish and other questionable matter that emanates from them is so powerful that it can bring a man to his knees.
    Stone Trolls would have magic resistance, whereas River Trolls could have an aura around them that negatively affects most units nearby (which Orcs and Goblins would be immune to). River Trolls, being more powerful than the other varieties, would be more rare.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 25, 2015 at 09:36 PM.

Of all the things I'd love to see top would be the grandest unit in the Vampire Counts arsenal,

the Mortis Engine
    Once dead (properly dead), the remains of powerful Necromancers are enshrined within the Mortis Engine and borne to war by a host of spirits bound to the infernal device. Surrounded by wailing Banshees and pulled by Undead revenants, it is a terrifying sight to behold.

Mechanics wise it pulsates with dark magic that regenerates nearby undead and cripples and kills the living, while a swarm of banshees screams people to death (in Warhammer this works out as a shooting attack that hits on Leadership(Sort of the same as Willpower/Discipline etc in Warhammer terms) Going into battle on a spectral cavalcade.

I haven't seen anything on my Pop-mobile, the War Alter of Sigmar, I feel having its holy aura's and the sort would be very similar to the moral bonuses we saw from the Crosses in Medieval II.

Mortars (But I imagine they will be in!) - I just hope they keep them being the massive pie-plate dropping explosive death machines. (I also wonder if they will implement the hand-mortars/grenade launchers)

Lastly, I want to see my Empire Crazies, my Flagellants! The unbreakable crazy unit that just won't route!

We saw Battle Wizards, but I hope they add the other lores.

I don't think I've seen any mention of Ogres yet? I definitely want those bad boys in! I'm not sure I like their vision of Trolls either...not quite what I visualise when I think of Warhammer Trolls..

Amber Battle Wizard on Imperial Griffon

A Battle Wizard Lord who chooses to wield the lore of beasts is not only able to control devastating magical abilities but also harness the noble and terrifying Imperial Griffon. This combination can wreak devastation and mayhem amongst the enemy ranks.
    What's better than a Griffon? A bluish two-headed Griffon with a wizard on top! Beautiful creature.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by englisharcher89 View Post
    Found this cool looking Black Knights, excellent work... this is going to be my hammer and anvil shock cav

Nice found!

This knights are awesome! If they are in and looks like that, so this could be my favorite unit.
    Last edited by joedreck; August 03, 2015 at 09:00 AM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

BalrogOfMorgoth's Avatar Decanus

The doomwheel of course!

Here's a funny description of this baby :

Imagine a hamster in a hamster wheel. Now imagine that the hamster wheel is ten meters tall, fires nuclear-magic-laser beams that are powered by solidified hell energy, has a xenophobic insane ratman engineer with a gun on top and instead of a hamster it houses a pack of giant mutant rats hopped up on drugs and steroids (who are likely on fire and cannibalizing each other while running).

Quote Originally Posted by BalrogOfMorgoth View Post
    The doomwheel of course!
    Heh, that's what I was thinking to post next. I love Skaven and their crazy inventions.

Squig Herds

Squigs are weird beasties - part fungus, part flesh, but mostly teeth and claws. Although they are wild and dangerous creatures, it is possible to herd them towards the enemy by means of pitchforks, firebrands and the beating of loud drums.

Cave Squigs will be a lively and unpredictable addition to your army. You might find them even more useful when they're herded up together by Night Goblins and pointed in the direction of your enemy, where they can chomp into their units with devastating results.
    I'd really like to see a proper Squig Herd. The picture below gives an idea of how it would look like (disregard the names):

As I imagine it, the chaos created when such a herd collides with the enemy would be nothing short of spectacular.
    Last edited by scoicarius; August 08, 2015 at 06:13 AM.

^

Ha! Squig Herder was an amazingly fun class in Warhammer online.

Squigs have to be in. They are just too iconic for Warhammer, and they cover quite a few units.

Squig Herders, Squig Hoppaz, giant Squigz, Skarsnik and Gobbla etc
    Last edited by Orkfaeller; August 08, 2015 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Squigs have to be in. They are just too iconic for Warhammer, and they cover quite a few units.

Squig Herders, Squig Hoppaz, giant Squigz, Skarsnik and Gobbla etc
    Agreed. I want to see everything Squig (and Night Goblin) related. Love 'em.

Laetus

Black Guard... If theres anything I'm hyped for its these guys. Can give them a variety of weapons as well, would make for a very diverse super heavy infantry unit.

(Sorry about the image size, not too sure on how to 'spoiler' them)

Quote Originally Posted by XxGetBuck123 View Post
    (Sorry about the image size, not too sure on how to 'spoiler' them)
    [spoiler]

pic

[/spoíler]

or the red exclamation mark under advanced options

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

I'm fascinated by the Tomb Kings and a lot of their units are very cool hybrids of constructs and undead. Snake riding knights? Burrowing undead snakemen? Yes, please!

And they're probably not going to be included, but I'd love to see Cathay and Ind's units.