Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Units you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Default Re: Units you'd like to see/look forward to seeing in the game

Firing pistols before charging shouldn't be that hard- don't pistoliers do that just on horseback? I can see problems with lots of different melee weapons in a single units that require vastly different animations but several units have a ranged weapon they use/drop before entering melee.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

It should be easy. Don't see CA doing it anyway. I asked that for Rome II, if warbands would have different weapons, at least for esthetic reasons. Answer was basically "lol nope, too much work/multiplayer babies would be confused" or something along those lines.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    It should be easy. Don't see CA doing it anyway. I asked that for Rome II, if warbands would have different weapons, at least for esthetic reasons. Answer was basically "lol nope, too much work/multiplayer babies would be confused" or something along those lines.
    Nope much more simple, its the Database (DB) problem, I can give a short explanation:

Each unit is present in the DB, and have their own row with data about their stats and Animation.
    each unit can only have ONE animation which is a key pointing to a script of different skeletons and animations.
    The animation is not tied to how the model looks, the DB don't care for that, so you could create a ghost unit with only a spear, and have animation for two-handend units.
    Point is the db activates the animation then it is called upon, and random chooses which moves the model does.
    So I have made a unit with mix weaponry, because it can be done! The modder is just limited and have to think smart.

So I took the animation for axe/shield/throwAxe, and made a VDM were the unit had axes, swords and two-handed axes, and shields with throw axes.
    they would treat the sword as a axe, but it still looked good, but no stabs.

The problem is you can't assign a specific animation to a person inside a unit, only the command group which loads from a different table.
    As it loads randomly from the script, and don't check up on the VDM to see what weapon they are using.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Just another reason for a engine change. I mean, its just cosmetic sure. But seeing how each game is more and more marketed towards its prettines over it gameplay or even functionality it should be natural.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Just another reason for a engine change.
    Not really :|
    To much bits and cpu will be wasted on one unit....

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Not if done right. Programing is not that arcane, really. A least when is done right and you are not working over the messed code made by people 10 years ago.

Indefinitely Banned

Does anyone know if the Lizardmen Carnosaur unit will be in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoise Groudon View Post
    Does anyone know if the Lizardmen Carnosaur unit will be in the game?
    Lizardmen will most likely come in one of the two other planned games, that will attach to the main campaign map as you own them. One of the game will most likely focus on the West with Lizardmen, High and Dark Elves and so on...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manu La Canette View Post
    Lizardmen will most likely come in one of the two other planned games, that will attach to the main campaign map as you own them. One of the game will most likely focus on the West with Lizardmen, High and Dark Elves and so on...

Thanks for the information! I was wondering about that.
    It will be interesting how many units from each race they can stick in.