Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The secret way of making any faction playable.

Icon3 The secret way of making any faction playable.

Giving you guys the bare-bones and leaving the bells and whistles for you to figure out as I did.

1) Open up the Assembly Kit.

2) Go to startpos_factions and find the faction you would like to make playable.

3) Under Playable, check the box. Under Major, check the box.

4) Go to Political_Parties and add 2 rows.

5) For the faction you want to make playable create a political party name ex. att_politics_suebi_ruler then for the next row att_politics_suebi_council.

6) For the ruler political party under name_localised put in the name such as The Suebi. For the council party put in Other Nobles and but if the faction is eastern put in Other Grandees instead.

7) Under Playable for the ruler party check the box for true. For the council party put false.

8) Under ui_icon for both parties type x.

9) Under effect_bundle give the ruler party the faction traits that you would like them to have. For the council party give them the dummy_bundle for their trait.

10) Under description_localised just type in whatever you want because it doesn't show up anywhere anyways. I usually just type x.

11) Under initial_power give the ruler party 40 and the council party 60.

12) Go to faction_political_parties_junctions and add 2 rows.

13) Under faction_key select your faction, under political_party_key select the political parties that you just created for them. For the first one give them the ruler party, for the second one give them the council party.

14) Go to startpos_characters and find the faction leader of your faction. Under political party give him the ruler political party you just created.

Almost done but you're missing 2 crucial things that nearly no one knows about.

15) Exit out of the Assembly Kit and make a copy of your data file in the Attila folder and put it in a safe place.

16) Open up data with PFM then go to Options and uncheck CA Packs Are Read Only.

17) Go to political_parties and faction_political_parties_junctions and create and assign the political parties that you made in the Assembly Kit.

*Note Everything must match up exactly how you made them in the Assembly Kit or else it might not work.
    18) Save and exit. Then open up the Assembly Kit and export to BoB and everything should work fine if you followed my steps.

Form Launcher -> Starting_Positions is your best friend.

If you have any other questions post them here.

Default Re: The secret way of making any faction playable.

I've followed this guide twice over and have been unable to get Nobatia to work. The game crashes to desktop pretty early in the loading process. I can't imagine it's becuase it's a vassal, as someone got Armenia to work. Any ideas?

Just to add, the faction wouldn't show up on the grand campaign selection screen without using an esf editor. It loads fine when I just make it 'playable,' but adding the political stuff hasn't worked so far (CTDs)

It's the same story with the Afrighids

Quote Originally Posted by jaenos View Post
    Just to add, the faction wouldn't show up on the grand campaign selection screen without using an esf editor. It loads fine when I just make it 'playable,' but adding the political stuff hasn't worked so far (CTDs)
    Did you find the Nobatia faction leader in startpos_characters? Did you give him the ruler political party and enable him as progenitor?

Someone helped me out, turns out I wasn't compiling the startpos in BoB

vin2579's Avatar Civis

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Can u give steps through PFM? Cause for starters cant find startpos_factions the way u referring...
    thanx

Oh, I hate copy/paste retards here evidence:http://www.aflamhd.org/forum/web-and...ction-playable

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

You Forgot this:

political_paties_power_effect_bundles.

Here you give political power to the ruler party, so the more power they have the better or worse it gets.
    there is 9 powers to give, so add 9 rows for each normal faction you made, Important NOT do it for the separatist factions, only for playable factions(normal factions)
    first column is here you write the party, as in att_politics_royal_ruler in each row.
    Next column is the effect_bundle, you can make your own, but in this case to keep it fair and balanced I would recommend to use the normals as in att_bundle_political_power_*number*.
    the last column is power_level, and it is here each are activated per how much control the player has in the council.
    the normal is 0,11,22,33,44,55,66,77,88.

in 14) you need also for the faction leader Under progenitor to check the box

When this is Done - All is working - even the Family trees and politics.
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; November 19, 2015 at 09:45 AM.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

You do know you can put up a link to the thread?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...complete-guide

You know in case people want to learn more, from what I wrote......

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    You do know you can put up a link to the thread?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...complete-guide

You know in case people want to learn more, from what I wrote......
    sorry forgot that

I'm trying to get Brittany playable,everything worked out fine except that i can't place a character in a government position.On the right side off the familiy tree is just blank.Anyone know what i did wrong?I followed that guide.

PS:It's in AoC i'm modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Robez View Post
    I'm trying to get Brittany playable,everything worked out fine except that i can't place a character in a government position.On the right side off the familiy tree is just blank.Anyone know what i did wrong?I followed that guide.

PS:It's in AoC i'm modding.
    It sounds like it might be a problem with faction_political_parties_junctions or Political Parties and not assigning the Council their party.

Quote Originally Posted by D0MiNuS View Post
    Can u give steps through PFM? Cause for starters cant find startpos_factions the way u referring...
    thanx

I don't use PFM so editing startpos since it's more difficult, sorry.

One thing I forgot is that in Startpos_Characters you need to check the box that says Progenitor for your faction leader.

Busy with work but going to release a Britain only faction pack.

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

I have problem with AK....
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Oh damn! How you do this!? I'm going mad trying to unlock Sicily or Venice in AoC! Event with your instructions! I can't understand what to do in starting position!

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

I've got Connachta working for the most part, but I have two problems:
    1. The Political Parties are not generating properly in the startpos.esf, so the game crashes when mousing over the "Power" bar on the family screen.
    2. Played several turns, and honestly it wasn't much fun. So I might just stick with the vanilla factions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast