Thread: Franco Prussian War

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

Default Franco Prussian War

If it's possible to create a WW1 mod, could we do a Franco-Prussian War submod.
    Uniforms are the same, no need to edit. But we can add stuff like line firing, and square formation, and make a small submod for battles? We just need to change the unit stats correct?

"Amy Pond, there is one thing you'd better understand about me, 'cause its important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box."

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Franco Prussian War

I would be happy to assist in making this sub-mod! Was there not talk of making this from some one on the team?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

I'm working when I can with the PFM. I found this thing called "Mass Fire", and I think I need to replace this with volley fire.

"Amy Pond, there is one thing you'd better understand about me, 'cause its important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box."

There's already a Franco-Prussian War mod for NTW, just stopped development. Blood & Iron is the name.

Yes I know about that Sama, but I was wondering if the crew of that mod could come over and use your models edit some stats, and boom you got yourself a Blood and Iron Submod.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    There's already a Franco-Prussian War mod for NTW, just stopped development. Blood & Iron is the name.
    And its cause they stopped development that Nau made this post xD tis a shame though that they did...

Quote Originally Posted by NauDaModder View Post
    If it's possible to create a WW1 mod, could we do a Franco-Prussian War submod.
    Uniforms are the same, no need to edit. But we can add stuff like line firing, and square formation, and make a small submod for battles? We just need to change the unit stats correct?
    Weeeeeeeell, uniforms were a BIT difference. Prussians had blue uniforms. It was nice.

Though French Uniforms were the same, and I guess you would have to edit reload because the French chasspot was much faster then the Prussian needle gun.

Quote Originally Posted by NauDaModder View Post
    Yes I know about that Sama, but I was wondering if the crew of that mod could come over and use your models edit some stats, and boom you got yourself a Blood and Iron Submod.
    The person who created that mod was on the TGW dev team and had been promised access to TGW models. I helped out a bit too. Frankly, the conditions were all but ideal and the mod still failed.

With that said, you're right. The early-era battles in this mod aren't far off from Blood & Iron - and not coincidentally, because I designed the early-era units after working on and observing the B&I battle mechanics. On that side, it would be very easy to adapt to 1870.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

I have no experience modding (yet, but am learning), but hopefully I can get permission from Gunny to help out with this project. Knowing that you and hedge knight are still active, maybe just maybe you guys can make a campaign called "Blood and Iron" set from the late 1860s Europe to 1914. A kind of prelude to the Great War.

Can't start the game in 1870, though. If you do, you'd have to end it in 1871.

Start somewhere in 1860. But I have no experience modeling or editing the campaign map. I can tweak the unit stats, to make them reload longer.

duerker von eden's Avatar Tiro

Franco-Prussian war went from 1870-1871 over alsace lorraine after it prussia became Germany.

As for uniforms the french did stay the same some what from 1870-1914 but the germans went from a dark blue to a tan color.
    "No matter how fast you run the past will always find a short cut"

Deurker 2014

this idea is very nice!
    the franco-prussian war is perfect for this setting.
    i wish you good luck with this!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by duerker von eden View Post
    Franco-Prussian war went from 1870-1871 over alsace lorraine after it prussia became Germany
    It went from Mid-July 1870 to January 1871, broke out because the french population (read the parisians) were butthurt because of several foreign relation disappointments and not Prussia became Germany, but southern and northern german states founded a "federal monarchy", were the prussian king was automatically head of state, while some states like bavaria had made major concessions regarding their sovereignty.

As Bavarian I especially had to correct the last point.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Long long ago i started working on a model of a Mitrailleuse but never finished it. It was fun to work on tho.

This is a Mitrailleuse. Theyre so cool looking.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

If you are still looking for help on this project please let me know. I've always wanted a total war about the victorian era and, even better, about the Franco-Prussian War.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    It went from Mid-July 1870 to January 1871, broke out because the french population (read the parisians) were butthurt because of several foreign relation disappointments and not Prussia became Germany, but southern and northern german states founded a "federal monarchy", were the prussian king was automatically head of state, while some states like bavaria had made major concessions regarding their sovereignty.

As Bavarian I especially had to correct the last point.
    What are you saying? This war had always been a part of Bismarck's plan to unify Germany...He purposedly modified what Wilhelm said to the French Ambassador at Ems so that there could be no other solution than war. He always said he needed it and insulting France was his way of getting it. He repeatedly provoked France before that and this time it worked.
    Cheers to Bavaria

Guys, I don't have TGW nor Napoleon anymore....simply no time and trying to restore my pre malware attacked computer state.