Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Warhammer Trailer is finally here!

Laetus

Default Re: The Warhammer Trailer is finally here!

all i can say is i am nit happy with this...

Nit Picking aside,

People from CA, I know you read these forums, so I ask, the Musical Score Used in the Trailer, I want it, badly, would it be possible for you to make it available for purchase via iTunes, amazon or what have you?, as long as I can buy it and listen to it constantly. Please, I beg you, I will literally throw my money at you this one time if you make this song available for purchase.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

CA will be very disappointed about the comments. But honestly. We know this is JUST ingame engine, but if you realease the first one, should not be there a quality department involved!? As many people wrote, the empire troops are not from warhammer! I've rechecked on GW Website.

Something positive. Maybe First of all posts.
    Giant is great, mad and bad. Troll also great and this Dynographs too. Just run over orcs. Make sense for me.

Physics seems good. Models seems heavy and don't fly extreme around.

Hopefully we See right stuff on 30.07.
    Till this time I wish screenshot from revised state troops.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    CA will be very disappointed about the comments.
    CA won't be the only ones disappointed when 2016 comes around, then again disappointment would describe their last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    Bull, you can defiantly have people speaking an accent without it being unintentionally funny, only an ignorant person would think such drivel. This same excuse was used for having crap like Rome 2 giving the Romans extremely British accents because it would be taken more seriously but they sounded just as laughable if not downright annoying.
    So what accents should Romans have had? Italian ones? That wouldn't make any more sense and be even more silly. A roman accent? Anyone know what those sounded like?

And your disagreement means nothing based on how little you know.
    That makes no sense. It may of sounded good in your head but you need to run it by the editor again.

No sense in saying sorry when you proved nothing. I have seen plenty of shows that have characters with an accent and they sure as hell are not just "funny".

The Emperor of the entire damn empire is speaking in perfect English to his army, what do you need to know any more?

And here where you show your lack of information, Morgan is not an solider of the Empire, he is a MERCENARY. He is never stated to be apart of the Empire or to have grown up in it so him speaking English is easily explained as him living in a different area before becoming a mercenary for hire.
    Oh come on this is a weak answer and you know it. Where is Morgon BERNHARDT from, then? Albion? Unlikely. His cavalry have the colours of Altdorf to portray his loyalty. He doesn't speak in a faux german accent because it would be A) Unnecessarily difficult to speak lines with a clear, concise voice whilst doing a non-native voice and B) Intonation and inflection when delivering lines has to be maintained which would be doubly hard combined with A.

Then we have his troop captains many of which apparently followed Bernhardt around since birth and have the same accents. Karl Franz in Dark Omen also grew up with him as well it seems. And the Wizard. And Matthias. And the Countess. Must have been a large family.

As well as missing the fact that characters who were noted to be apart or from the Empire did indeed have German accents in the game Dark Oman. They even had the king(or maybe a lord) of Brettionia speak with a FRENCH accent! so really all it comes down to is CA taking the easy way out instead of hiring good voice actors or giving time for their voice actors to speak with an accent while doing a good job( which IS possible in case your wondering).
    Yeah Louen Leoncoeur was in a french accent... for his few lines. As was some of the Imperial troops. 'Good' voice actors aren't ones that can do accents or stand on their head. A good voice actor needs to deliver and dramatise lines so the audience can be drawn in. That is much harder in a german accent than an english one, especially for a primarily english-speaking audience. I teach this sort of stuff so I'm not just blowing smoke. There's also the point that CA have traditionally followed a more cinematic approach to their games' VO work, but we have had Napoleon in a french accent, but those were historical, and only for a trailer.

More like yes, I would rather have my troops speak like that while having my knights clad in heavy plate armor charge into a horde of orcs and undead while on goddamn demigryphs then saying so in some boring ass British accent that I have heard over and over to the point of sickness in every other fantasy series. .
    Well okay I respect your opinion. I just don't agree with it. So far I've seen no evidence all troops speak in RP. I find it perfectly understandable why the Karl Franz speech was. Maybe the gameplay footage on the 30th will shed more light on the matter.
    Last edited by Markas; July 18, 2015 at 05:02 AM.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Yep, I agree that CA needs to step up its game if they want to climb back from the cesspit of spite and hatred they dug themselves in after Rome 2, because right now, TW Warhammer isn't too impressive.

The Empire troops are too bland, generic and boring. Not enough baroque armour, banners, musicians and generally too few soldiers.
    Orks look a bit awkward in their movements, but it could just be my opinion, some people seem to like them.
    Demigryphs have too little unit variety, although their movements and animations are great.

But there is still hope, other aspects of the trailer show promise.
    Deathclaw and the wyvern looked stunning. The demigryphs had awesome animations as well.
    The magic effects looked great (though I suspect it was just pre-rendered CGI and not an indication of actual magical effects in the future game).
    The giants and trolls were cool in every way.
    The empire artillery looked cool as well.

All in all, not a very impressive trailer. But there is still hope and time for CA to improve things.

Loved that speech delivered by Karl Franz.

Brothers! Together we will um...crush! This Evil! That plagues us!
    We will drive out the unholyness...with our strength of arms!
    Rise up with me, and with the mighty hammer smite the enemies of humanity!
    For an epic day awaits us where our deeds shall be remembered forever!

*semi-enthusiastic hurrahs and cheers from the pikemen*

I literally typed up this pep talk without pausing to think for a second about what I was writing.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    Loved that speech delivered by Karl Franz.

Brothers! Together we will um...crush! This Evil! That plagues us!
    We will drive out the unholyness...with our strength of arms!
    Rise up with me, and with the mighty hammer smite the enemies of humanity!
    For an epic day awaits us where our deeds shall be remembered forever!

*semi-enthusiastic hurrahs and cheers from the pikemen*

I literally typed up this pep talk without pausing to think for a second about what I was writing.
    CA's character trailers have really gotten cringe-worthy since Rome 2. The writing is clichéd and terrible and they always end with the main character turning slowly into the camera shot with an angry face, pausing, then saying his last line in a deep, grizzly voice. Reminds me of hollywood.

Default whyRe: The Warhammer Trailer is finally here!

Why are the halberdier ranks so spaced out. They will never stop anything like that. Trailer looked completely silly to me. This does look all wrong. It just looks strange. Like there is no environmental effects. Very bland.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

mikea4's Avatar Miles

Why are the halberdier ranks so spaced out. They will never stop anything like that. Trailer looked completely silly to me. This does look all wrong. It just looks strange. Like there is no environmental effects. Very bland.

My best guess as to why the halberdier ranks are so spaced out is because of the trolls in the game. If the entire front line of an army had the same formation style as a phalanx, as soon as the troll reached them the entire front line would be dead with a single swing of a club. Also, they would need to be worried about magic crashing into them at any time (like at 2:26 in the video). Tight formations work when fighting against other humans, but not so much against larger heavier creatures. And as to the environmental effects, I will both agree and disagree. There are some environmental effects. At some points in the video you can see dust rising from the ground as soldiers fight or charge at each other. However in some situations like with the troll bashing a soldier against the ground or other instances of large objects hitting the earth, there is not as much dust and particles flying as you might expect to see in real life. But then again I doubt that will ever happen mainly because of performance issues.

-Slight disclaimer, I've never played any of the warhammer games before so I might be completely wrong about the spacing for the halberdiers.

Totally agree with you here. Orc animations look pretty bad. Empire Troops look so pathetic....how are these guys even going to fight Orks! Bunch of pansies. Plus, using the Rome II engine for this game is never going to impress or surprise anyone. Looks all too familiar to me. Sorry CA. Hopefully the game will still be fun to play, graphically it tanks!

Wow... just wow... just look at how many graphic whores in here ... the game looks more than great! this is a Total War game people, it's all about the gameplay. Just look at Rome II, the game where they spent much of their resources to the graphics and visuals and details while ignoring to actually polished and make a playable game....
    You can't have everything, Total War game has very limited budgets, they aint like GTA or Skyrim where they can have over 200 Millions dollars to developed. So we and the developers ( CA ) dont really have much choices tbh.

Default Re: The Warhammer Trailer is finally here!edtt

Peter... All I can say is you must be joking?
    Older total war games did not have the black ant problem with LOD or as much of a problem with bright colours.
    In other words they went backwards. It looks good close up but warscape3 looks worse than any other total war zoomed to almost any level but right in. This is why people are so judge mental. We have been for the last two games. They started going 2d black.stick figures at almost any level in Rome 2. They swapped quality for quantiy. Without realising that many other games like scourge of war waterloo do 35k troops on the field with better graphics at that zoom level while having gameplay that blows total war right out of the water on an almost bon existent budget.
    Last edited by Destraex; July 18, 2015 at 11:54 PM. Reason: dd

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterdavid12345 View Post
    Wow... just wow... just look at how many graphic whores in here ... the game looks more than great! this is a Total War game people, it's all about the gameplay.
    If we were to judge Total War by the gameplay alone, it would be a pretty mediocre series.

the game where they spent much of their resources to the graphics and visuals and details while ignoring to actually polished and make a playable game...
    Development studios have many different, specialized professionals working for them. To simplify, let's say they have programmers and artists. An artist can't do the job of a programmer and viceversa, so not because they put more emphasis on visuals that necessarily means the game is going to have a worse gameplay.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; July 19, 2015 at 12:16 AM.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan MF View Post
    CA's character trailers have really gotten cringe-worthy since Rome 2. The writing is clichéd and terrible and they always end with the main character turning slowly into the camera shot with an angry face, pausing, then saying his last line in a deep, grizzly voice. Reminds me of hollywood.

I know, right? Go back to Napoleon's intro. Now that was a fantastic character trailer. Chill bumps to this day.

Or Shogun 2's intro. Fantastically cinematic.

This was... I dunno. Underwhelming, I think. I mean, not from a gameplay perspective, the game I know what to expect from already. But the reveal trailer for Warhammer was way more cinematic and entertaining.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    I know, right? Go back to Napoleon's intro. Now that was a fantastic character trailer. Chill bumps to this day.

Or Shogun 2's intro. Fantastically cinematic.

This was... I dunno. Underwhelming, I think. I mean, not from a gameplay perspective, the game I know what to expect from already. But the reveal trailer for Warhammer was way more cinematic and entertaining.
    Think my favourite Total War trailer ever was the Find a Way trailer for Rome II.

Gives me goose bumps every single time as soon as the "over the alps, perhaps!" line is dropped.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Think my favourite Total War trailer ever was the Find a Way trailer for Rome II.

Gives me goose bumps every single time as soon as the "over the alps, perhaps!" line is dropped.
    To me nothing beats the Shogun 2 intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    So what accents should Romans have had? Italian ones? That wouldn't make any more sense and be even more silly. A roman accent? Anyone know what those sounded like?
    Missing the point Sherlock. The point is that implying German accents are unable to be taken seriously is apart of this dumb view that anything not spoken in English is to silly to sound serious, which is bull . The overly British accents in Rome 2 were just as laughable and thinking that only perfect English in a faction based on Germany is the right way to go is retarded. I saw how people talked crap about the thought of the Romans sounding Italian would be dumb and English was the best way to go, all the way back when Rome 2 was coming out. At least there was the excuse of the Roman language not being spoken today, German on the other hand has no excuse to not be in.

Oh come on this is a weak answer and you know it. Where is Morgon BERNHARDT from, then? Albion? Unlikely. His cavalry have the colours of Altdorf to portray his loyalty.
    The only thing weak is this rebuttal. MORGAN( not morgon) does not sound like a common German name last I heard, it is in fact an name with CELTIC origin which would point to Albion surprisingly and Bernhardt is from what I have looked up a name in FRENCH origin.
    So most likely he was either
    A. Born in Bretonnia where he grew to become a mercenary or
    B. He was raised in an area between Bretonnia and The Empire and he just happen to make more of a profit in the latter then the former.
    And him having the colors you describe just means he is loyal to them, not born or raised there. He is still called a mercenary and only until the end of Dark Oman does he stop caring only about being paid which shows he was into it for the money for most of his life, not for fighting with the Empire.

He doesn't speak in a faux german accent because it would be A) Unnecessarily difficult to speak lines with a clear, concise voice whilst doing a non-native voice and B) Intonation and inflection when delivering lines has to be maintained which would be doubly hard combined with A.
    And there is no where this was stated by the game makers at the time nor later on. All we have is Morgan speaking in an English accent while people from various lands like the empire and Bretonnia speak theirs. Unless they come out and say they did for these reason there is nothing supporting your point.

Then we have his troop captains many of which apparently followed Bernhardt around since birth and have the same accents. Karl Franz in Dark Omen also grew up with him as well it seems. And the Wizard. And Matthias. And the Countess. Must have been a large family.
    You got it wrong again, nothing states that Morgan knows his men since his diaper days, only that they have been close to him for years. And there is nothing saying he grew up with Karl, it seems more like they have known each other for years as well which makes sense considering how much Morgan has helped the Empire. The wizard talks to him like he fought with him a few years back which hints more at the events of SOTHR then being a childhood friend. And Matthias seems more like a guy Morgan met once and wished he would never meet again seeing how killing innocent people is all Morgan says when he meets him again. Oh and no, he did not know the countess before Dark Oman, the dialogue specifically states she did not meet him only heard of his victories.
    Yeah Louen Leoncoeur was in a french accent... for his few lines. As was some of the Imperial troops.
    It's the fact that they went to such an effort for that while CA did not bother that makes the latter more lazy then the much smaller studio that made Dark Oman.
    Good' voice actors aren't ones that can do accents.
    Except, they actually are. A voice actor that can speak well with his regular accent as he does in another is what I call "good". I can not see how they would not fit the bill.
    A good voice actor needs to deliver and dramatise lines so the audience can be drawn in. That is much harder in a german accent than an english one, especially for a primarily english-speaking audience.
    Which again, is not impossible and honestly it is more common then you think as many voice actors can do exactly what you describe as difficult. I hear them in plenty of video games, anime, cartoon, movies, ect. So you are still not convincing me that CA could not do better.
    I teach this sort of stuff so I'm not just blowing smoke.
    Where do you teach? A university? a high school? either way I already know the obvious, that it is harder for English people to speak in a different accent. The fact is that there are more voice actors then you think that can pull one off while still remaining dramatic.
    There's also the point that CA have traditionally followed a more cinematic approach to their games' VO work
    "cinematic" = English. Yeah no, there is nothing that has ever said anything like this, Cinematic does not require people to only use the accent given. You can still carry that felling in another.
    but we have had Napoleon in a french accent, but those were historical, and only for a trailer.
    "only for a trailer" Um excuse me? I think we all know that CA kept using accents even when the game came out and even if it was historical that does not mean you can't do it in a fantasy setting.
    So far I've seen no evidence all troops speak in RP.
    We already heard one speak "fire!!" in a rather normal English accent, as well as the Emperor himself speaking it. compared to any other evidence pointing to German, of which there are none, it only supports English being the only accent.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Go back and play M2TW and tell me the accents aren't completely ridiculous.

Or, actually, come to think of it, go back and play Rome II and tell me the barbarians didn't sound completely ridiculous.

"HOUR OORSES LOOVE BLOD!"

Not that I am entirely against silly accents, it is Warhammer after all and Warhammer always has an underlying sheen of silliness, but accented English is very hard to get right without sounding silly, or, at worst, offensive.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

There are accents and accents. A strong british or american accent could be as ridiculous as a forced german accent.

I'd pick a german with a good level of English for subtle, natural german details. Although if it was up to me, I'd just have the empire speaking straight german for flavour, but I know that will never happen (and it would be weird from a design point of view, having the humans speak german but the orcs speaking english, for instance. And of course, as usual, casuals would hate it).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast