Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWC Tag Team Tournament Main

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default TWC Tag Team Tournament Main

TWC and Hotseat Gaming Staff present

THE SECOND ANNUAL

TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP

This is the second edition of the TWC hotseat tag team tournament!

The first was a huge success, but we are going to take this one to a whole new level!

STAINLESS STEEL 6.4 SEMI FINAL

Settings of the HS: mod Stainless Steel, Late Era campaign.
    You'll need to check "savage AI" and "Disable Real recruitment" options like showed here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Map

TEAMS
    NOVGOROD AND LITHUANIA: Vipman and Dur3x
    POLAND AND TEUTONIC ORDER:
    Ventos Mustel and English RAF Commander
    KIEV AND HUNGARY: Mithridate and Dr Mac

Admin: Riverknight Co-admin: Dux

Rules
    Basic Rules:

-Hotseat will take 21 turns, after these turns the winner will be decided by the admin and co admin. The winner will be based on battles won and regions conquered. (Thus there will be minus points for battles lost and regions lost)
    -Losing both original capitals means defeat for that team
    - Reloading turns is allowed (because it can't be banned) but not encouraged. There's no real prize. By reloading a player will deprive himself of the joy of surprise and unexpected events (even if negative). Reloading would increase the time to play a turn, and will thus make less joyful to play it.
    Since reloading is allowed ,Heroic victories are banned. So if you obtain one of them, you must reload until you get a different
    type of result.
    - Turns must be played within 36h per team, 18 h per player.
    - Make sure to sub your team mate if he is not going to make it within the 36h
    - Notify next player who comes after your turn by post message or leaving message on message board!

Battle Rules:
    -No taking of rebel territories outside the markers on the map
    - Fleets are forbidden, if you have fleets, disband them.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list.
    - Its ALLOWED to use seige equipment to attack city straight away instead of waiting siege equipment to construct.Siege equipment must be shown on a battle proof image.
    - All Player vs Player battles must be auto-resolved. Battles against AI can be played. Note: Screenshots are to be posted as evidence of auto-resolve.(The Odds and Results windows must not be edited in any way. Editing out Map info, Cash, and any Units/Agents/Regions not involved in the attack is fine).
    Also it happened that numbers in the result of a battle did not match (number of soldiers - loss = men remaining). If something like what happened in this post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10512526 (see ss 2 & 4) happens to you it mean one only thing: you either might have cheated or you have not a vanilla install and that cause a bug in the results. Either way it's your fault and you'll need to replay the battle until you get a clean result.
    - No surrounding enemy armies with one or few units stack armies, solely to deny any survivors a retreat. Blocks of landbridges ,bridges or similar, to cut the retreat is allowed
    if not in contact with the enemy army (which means the red zone around the enemy army)
    -No attacking ships inside a port.You cannot leave a blocked port without fighting the enemy ships first. If a player keeps an army inside a fleet inside a port,
    other players are allowed to attack that fleet even if it's inside a port (if you don't know how, ask Invicta).
    -you can build only one fort per region max (it is meant per faction, so if faction A built a fort in region 1 ,also faction B can build his fort in the same region, but if a faction A also occupy the fort of faction B then it needs to leave one fort free).
    -"You cannot sally out from your settlement/fort, or attack the army besieging your settlement/fort if the result is a defeat"
    -You cannot use any Ballistas
    -It is allowed to grant max 3 settlements to the other faction in your team, all units spawns save 1 should be disbanded. However, doing so will severely hamper your chances of victory, as these settlements will count as lost settlements.
    -you can't besiege a settlement with 1 unit to deny a retreating army to enter it then lift the siege to attack it again and the army inside to reinforce.

Crusades and Jihads Rules:
    NO CRUSADES/JIHADS ALLOWED

Agents Rules:

- Spies aren't allowed to spread plague in any case not matter what.
    - Spies can be used against forts and settlements as long as you have at least 60% of chances of infiltration. You'll need 2 to open a fort/settlement.
    If someone take a settlement in which you ad spies (whether it was your or not) already, and you intend to conquer it, you still need to take out of the settlements the spies to prove you have the 60% of chances of infiltrating in the turn you're going to conquer it.
    - Each faction cannot recruit more than a assassin every 25 regions owned. So to recruit the secon assassin you'd need to own 26 regions or more. For the third
    51 or more and so on.. If you have 26 regions recruit a second assassin, and after some turns the number of regions decrease to 25 or less you must immediately suicide
    one of the assassins.
    - Assassins can sabotage everywhere as long as they have at least 60% of chances. Assassins can only kill:"Priests/imams/spies/assassins/merchants/generals" as long as they have 60% of chances. (Except for Assassins which you only require a 30% chance to kill)
    -Princesses can steal through marriage other factions family mamembers/generals only if they have 60% of chances.
    -Merchants can seize other merchants only if they have 60% of chances.
    - No exploiting merchants in the form of merchant stack - (Putting several
    merchants in an army or fort/military-unit securing a resource).
    -All the agents rules are applicable against both, humans and AI: please respect them

Building Rules:

- Only Inns/Guilds are allowed to be destroyed
    - If a settlement is under siege then it is NOT ALLOWED to destroy any buildings in the settlement.
    - You are not allowed to exterminate a settlement in the map . This is because it will destroy many buildings in the settlement(Possibly downgrade a settlement). This is also valid against the AI

Diplomacy rules

-No allying Pope
    -No giving provinces in war zone to a faction controlled by the AI (it means regions bordering-by land- with a faction you're at war with).It's ok giving it to a human-controlled faction.
    -Any new player taking command of a faction previously held by another player cannot attack a faction he's officially allied with for at least 5 turns, or until the allies of that faction break the deal.
    - Any regions that are gifted, sold, traded with another Faction must have all units except one disbanded immediately!
    -Is not allowed to vassallage AI factions
    -Faction Suicide is illegal. Anyone suspecting someone else trying to commit suicide or not playing to the best of his abilities must report it to an admin immediately. Any party involved in the splitting up or taking advantage of such gameplay will be fined accordingly.

Bugs/Exploits:
    The mov.bugs cannot be used. All bugs in general are banned unless explicitly allowed.

When discrepancies will arise or aspects not covered by the rules above, the Admin on its total own discretion will rule out about such cases.
    If you believe someone might have broken the rules, you should not post it publicly! Pm first to the admin who will first investigate on the matter.
    If the breaking of the rules is confirmed, then it'll be the admin to report it publicly along with the appropriate fine/punishment.

Let's begin!
    Last edited by Dux; August 23, 2015 at 02:58 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: TWC Tag Team Tournament Main

Novogrod up!

Please check if everything is alright. If not, let me know. I did get the message that we lost the game and that the rebels won because I turned all other factions rebel, but I guess that will not be an issue
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dux; July 17, 2015 at 06:06 AM.

Dur3X's Avatar Semisalis

I will play in few hours, thanks !

A few questions regarding the rules:

1. It seems there is nothing in this one preventing players going outside the region marked on the map and conquering rebel territory. Is this an error?
    2. Are battle and capture points scaled to the size of the armies and settlements involved? Or is are a skirmish between 2 units and a 4-stack pitched battle worth the same? Or a village and a citadel? Do the stated odds have any bearing on the result?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

First thing, the factions are given in the stated order (I Novgorod and Dur3x Lithuania) or we have to choose?

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ventos Mustel View Post
    A few questions regarding the rules:

1. It seems there is nothing in this one preventing players going outside the region marked on the map and conquering rebel territory. Is this an error?
    2. Are battle and capture points scaled to the size of the armies and settlements involved? Or is are a skirmish between 2 units and a 4-stack pitched battle worth the same? Or a village and a citadel? Do the stated odds have any bearing on the result?
    1. I believe you can move out of the region marked on the map, but you cannot take any provinces outside.
    Edit: I think it best we simply avoid moving out, as I believe ships are banned (needs to be included in rules) but will have to wait I suppose.
    2. I think this will be quite qualitative and to the admins/co-admins discretion. You won't for instance get 10 points for a clear victory, 5 points for a average victory etc. If you win 99 battles and then lose your 100th and lose the war then I believe it would be considered a defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    First thing, the factions are given in the stated order (I Novgorod and Dur3x Lithuania) or we have to choose?
    I think that we get to choose as others have in other HS
    Last edited by Dr Mac; July 17, 2015 at 08:33 AM.

I see, thank you, I have some other questions now I hope you guys don't mind:

1. About the turn order, unlike the order of the teams in the OP, Poland and TO are actually the last in turn order, are you sure it's right for them to be last?

2. I'm not familiar with such HS/games, so the teams are basically at war with each other from the start?

3. The ss rule says "Composition of the army must not be edited and being visible.", does this have to be respected as in odds and results ss must show the full army/ all unit cards?
    Last edited by Vipman; July 17, 2015 at 08:57 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    I see, thank you, I have some other questions now I hope you guys don't mind:

1. About the turn order, unlike the order of the teams in the OP, Poland and TO are actually the last in turn order, are you sure it's right for them to be last?

2. I'm not familiar with such HS/games, so the teams are basically at war with each other from the start?

3. The ss rule says "Composition of the army must not be edited and being visible.", does this have to be respected as in odds and results ss show the full army unit cards?
    1. Would you rather see a different turn order? I am open to suggestions. I thought it wise to put lithuania before TO, but maybe it is better balanced if it is the other way around.
    2. Yes and it is not allowed the make any deals whatsoever with the other teams.
    3. Yes. I took these rules from battle of europe and assumed they were common in all SS hotseats.

Dr Mac is correct in his answers. I think it will be pretty clear who will be the victor and who the loser after we are done.
    I have added the ships are forbidden rule.

Alright, just making sure I wouldn't be shooting myself in the foot using expendable single units of militia to scout

Lets hope Dur3x wont be a month late here as he is in One king^^ Lithuania kinda has to be before TO or they can be killed rather easily by them.

I suspect the Jihad/crusade rules was a mistake and that they are banned in reality, also that we are not allowed to expand outside the outline of the map provided.
    It would be best to ban them I think, tends to just lead to large arguments, buggs and exploits not to mention being a massive advantage to Poland and I.

Good luck to you all, may your death be entertaining!
    Last edited by Mithridate; July 18, 2015 at 08:34 AM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    1. Would you rather see a different turn order? I am open to suggestions. I thought it wise to put lithuania before TO, but maybe it is better balanced if it is the other way around.
    2. Yes and it is not allowed the make any deals whatsoever with the other teams.
    3. Yes. I took these rules from battle of europe and assumed they were common in all SS hotseats.
    1. I was referring that Hungary-Poland are before Poland-TO, but I think I gave it too much importance.
    3. I think mostly Loose Cannon (and probably Invicta long time ago) supported this rule, but I don't know of a hotseat where anyone actually applies it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Lets hope Dur3x wont be a month late here as he is in One king^^ Lithuania kinda has to be before TO or they can be killed rather easily by them.

I suspect the Jihad/crusade rules was a mistake and that they are banned in reality, also that we are not allowed to expand outside the outline of the map provided.
    It would be best to ban them I think, tends to just lead to large arguments, buggs and exploits not to mention being a massive advantage to Poland and I.

Good luck to you all, may your death be entertaining!
    Sorry it's my fault, Dur3x told me to play his turn, I'll do both now.

Only crusades between catholic factions are allowed by the rules currently, still they probably should all be banned. And I think moving anything (armies/agents) outside the allowed border shouldn't be allowed, not sure about merchants. And not forget ships are banned and must be disbanded instantly.

Sorry about this... Wish you all good luck as well.

Poland up, I played both Kiev and Hungary as mac has been away.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Gaming Emeritus

Good to see we are on the way!

I added the rule changes. No crusades and jihads allowed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Novgorod_2.sav

Let the games begin. Both turns played, since King Athelstan is away
    Last edited by Ventos Mustel; July 20, 2015 at 09:30 PM.

Lithuania up.

Dur3X's Avatar Semisalis

Hungary !

Hungary played and I hear Mac is almost done with Kiev.

Poland seem to be on the warpath, drawing together a great host at Halych. This despite seeming trouble at home...
    It would be a shame if something were to delay them or something happen to the Polish Capitol.

A beautiful trap I might have stepped into.

Quite touching and fitting I think, for either outcome of this with all of their paths.

When you're rife with devastation
    There's a simple explanation:
    You're a toymaker's creation
    Trapped inside a crystal ball

And whichever way he tilts it
    Know that we must be resilient
    We won't let them break our spirits
    As we sing our silly song
    Last edited by Mithridate; July 23, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Mith made me.... I promise.

Will play turns as soon as I awake, provided King Athelstan hasnt done so already

Edit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Novgorod_3.sav

Not the best start to a game. Nice trick with the forts
    Last edited by Ventos Mustel; July 25, 2015 at 06:57 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast