Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RELEASED] Masters of the Renaissance: custom portraits and generals

Default Re: [RELEASED] Masters of the Renaissance: custom portraits and generals

I'm working on expanding the mod. Agents of all types are almost done and I want to add more portraits to the 'generals' folder as well. Hopefully will finish it in a few days.
    Can anyone tell me what kind of portraits go to the 'civilians' folder? Is it rebels, or what?

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: [RELEASED] Masters of the Renaissance: custom portraits and generals

It's great to see this awesome project improved!
    Can wait to see the pictures

As for your question, I've never modded the portraits.
    Best you ask in the modding section.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

i wanted to try this submod for 5.0 but i can't find the file descr_culture, i dont' understand the installation can someone help me?

I'm working on a version for 5.0 right now, it is almost done. But if you want it right now try this- find descr_cultures in mods/Italian_Wars/Data folder, open it in notepad, scroll down until you find - culture northern_european , under it change the line- portrait_mapping southern_european, to- portrait_mapping northern_european, close and save the changes. That's all there is to it, nothing fancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pshtalhqius View Post
    I'm working on a version for 5.0 right now, it is almost done. But if you want it right now try this- find descr_cultures in mods/Italian_Wars/Data folder, open it in notepad, scroll down until you find - culture northern_european , under it change the line- portrait_mapping southern_european, to- portrait_mapping northern_european, close and save the changes. That's all there is to it, nothing fancy.
    Thank you Pshtalhqius now it's alright only begin a new campaign this submod is not save compatible

New and improved version for 5.0
    More portraits for generals, new portraits for all agents.

Examples of generals for Southern European culture:

[IMG][/IMG]

Examples of generals for Northern European culture:

[IMG][/IMG]

Examples of generals for Eastern European culture:

[IMG][/IMG]

Examples of generals for Middle Eastern culture:

[IMG][/IMG]

New version changes:
    Number of portraits for SE generals increased from 64 to 220.
    Number of portraits for NE generals increased from 64 to 174.
    More portraits for EE and MI factions.
    Portraits for all agents, ambassadors, merchants, rogues.
    Incorporated custom portraits update by superfatwombat, added one more for Dela Rovere.
    Portraits for captains.

Problems:
    Admirals stick to vanilla, though I made a separate folder for them.

To do list: princesses, witches, heretics.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eyopah3cref6inm/IW5.0.7z

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Awesome!
    Will definitely give it a shot!
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Beautiful work

It's normal that not all agents ( merchants, diplomats.... etc ) during campaign have the new portraits?

Domaje's Avatar Civis

The submod is not updated for the latest version of the the mod, and I advise you to not play with it because it will mess up your campaigns.

However I've updated the descr_strat for it to be compatible with TIW Ultimate, I wonder if I can provide a download link for people to enjoy the work of the creator of the mod ?

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    The submod is not updated for the latest version of the the mod, and I advise you to not play with it because it will mess up your campaigns.

However I've updated the descr_strat for it to be compatible with TIW Ultimate, I wonder if I can provide a download link for people to enjoy the work of the creator of the mod ?
    If you want... I dont think anyone disapprove

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    Thanks.... but I have a question: Is is compatible with Lucca submod?

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Nope, Lux's Lucca isn't even compatible with TIW Ultimate.

What a pity!

Domaje's Avatar Civis

My apologies, I did not see that there was a thread for Lucca Submod for Ultimate. However no mods will be compatible with the portraits mod if it changes descr_strat.txt or campaign_script.txt.
    Thought you could still use both but you won't have custom portraits for predefined characters such as Charles de Valois. Instead the game would give them random portraits instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12