Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Imperator III - v1.0 Released

wasd17's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Imperator III - Open Beta Released

A little request on mod architecture, if its even possible at this point.

Please, do not add the whole tables from the vanilla game. This is unnecessary for the mod, very inconvenient for you to track the changes you make, and most important - it basically denies adaptations to other mods which use their own combat system like DEI or Radious.

I would love to play your campaign with radious mod, but having to clean up all the tables of vanilla stuff to make them work together is too much.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Update: 6 Dec @ 2:00am
    Open Beta 0.97

*Due to large changes to the startpos, old save games might not be compatible.

Startpos:

- New AOR regions added.
    AOR_Numidia
    AOR_Maurorum
    AOR_Gallorum
    AOR_Batavorum
    AOR_Balearum
    AOR_Alpinorum
    AOR_Cretum
    AOR_Syrorum
    AOR_Bosporanorum
    AOR_Thracum
    AOR_Illyricum
    AOR_Petranum
    AOR_Germanum
    AOR_Hispanorum
    AOR_Rhodium
    AOR_Aquitanorum
    AOR_Galatarum
    AOR_Cilicum

Graphics:

- New units added.
    *Imp_Ala_Numidia (Numidian Cavalry Auxilia)
    *Imp_Ala_Numidia_cR (Numidian Veteran Cavalry Auxilia)
    *Imp_Coh_Baleares (Balearic Auxilia)
    *Imp_Coh_Baleares_Vet (Veteran Balearic Auxilia)
    *Imp_Gallic_Primae (First Gallic Cohort)
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Bit odd to me that you've released December 6th update before it's December 6th to me. I'll hopefully be able to give this a go tomorrow.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    Bit odd to me that you've released December 6th update before it's December 6th to me. I'll hopefully be able to give this a go tomorrow.
    That's because I'm +8 gmt.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Hi there,

awesome mod!

I have a couple of questions though:

1) About the "Disdain for plebs" mechanic. If I understand the tooltip correctly, then this gives a penalty on public order for the presence of Latin culture. That means that ideally, I have cities with 100% non-Latin culture, right? Because then I will not get the Disdain for plebs penalty, and no "cultural differences" mechanic. I'm wondering right now which strategy will be better:
    A. Build Latin temples nonetheless to fight the penalty for cultural differences, for the fixed bonus and just ignore the Disdain for plebs modifier
    or
    B. Do not build temples and instead just accept the public order penalty for cultural differences, but at least prevent the Disdain for plebs modifier.

Any insights?

2) Regarding victory conditions: Military victory requires me to hold 80 settlements - and it seems to not incorporate allied settlements. That means to actually achieve victory its.. uhm, going to be quite a long and dragged out campaign. I'm not entirely sure about hard-coded limitations regarding victory conditions, but would it not make sense to adjust these conditions a bit to represent the main objective of winning the civil war? I.e. to hold some core provinces.

3) In the vanilla Augustus campaign, the main faction leaders (Octavian etc) all come back to life after being defeated in battle or by assassins. They all have a trait that showcases that "ability". In your mod, I cannot find this trait. Does that mean that faction leaders die permanently? That would be cool actually. The only problem I see is that e.g. Brutus' faction should probably completely collapse once Brutus himself dies.

4) I'm not sure but are you sure that the opinion modifiers for the Roman senate make sense in its current form? Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems a bit weird to me that Brutus declared war on the Roman senate four turns into the campaign. Was it not Brutus' and Cassius' goal to re-establish the Senate's rule over Rome? Yes, the Senate was sort of supporting it's Triumvirs, of course, but would Brutus and Cassius really go to war with Rome itself?

5) Not sure if it's on purpose, but two of Cassius' legions have the same name "Parthica".

6) Is there a schedule for a next release and/or next features? I'm thinking about doing an AAR based on your mod - so should I perhaps wait a couple of months until a new version (1.0 perhaps? ) is released? I'm in no rush as I have some other projects going on as well so I don't mind waiting for a while.

Otherwise great and awesome mod - I'm really happy someone decided to make an improved version of the IA campaign!

Cheers,
    Z
    Chronicles of Cimmeria - A Kimmerios Bosporos AAR (EB2)
    The Age of Peace - A TW: Warhammer Empire AAR
    Blood Red Eagle - The Sons of Lodbrok Invasion of Northumbrialand [complete]
    Machines - A Sci-Fi Short Story [complete]

PLEASE ANSWER

This mode works?

PLEASE ANSWER

This mode works??

Imperator 1 - 2 - 3

I can not download these modes

How can I solve this problem

PLEASE HELP ME

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

The first post gives the download link (from Steam workshop).

Just click 'subscribe' and the mod will be downloaded.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Zeion View Post
    .. 3) In the vanilla Augustus campaign, the main faction leaders (Octavian etc) all come back to life after being defeated in battle or by assassins. They all have a trait that showcases that "ability". In your mod, I cannot find this trait. Does that mean that faction leaders die permanently? That would be cool actually. The only problem I see is that e.g. Brutus' faction should probably completely collapse once Brutus himself dies.
    Interesting and intriguing question, as it would be equally interesting and intriguing getting an answer by the Modder/s.

Anyway I think we should never forget what the Italian politician Giulio Andreotti used to say: " Domandare è lecito, rispondere è facoltativo. " (Asking is allowed, replying is facultative.)

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Interesting and intriguing question, as it would be equally interesting and intriguing getting an answer by the Modder/s.

Anyway I think we should never forget what the Italian politician Giulio Andreotti used to say: " Domandare è lecito, rispondere è facoltativo. " (Asking is allowed, replying is facultative.)
    To be honest... I have no idea. As far as I know, I didn't create new traits whatsoever so the 'main characters' are pretty much vanilla. I did try changing or adding traints but somehow the assembly kit, either replace the traits I added with something else.

Regarding the second part of the question, well obviously the best way if possible is to have to\he ability to change the faction name to the current leader if the mian character leader is dead. However I'm not even sure if that's possible. Maybe through some scripting, but it's not something I have any ability to do.

I will check bact to see if I can make the main characters have the immotal trait, so they can only truly die when their faction is eliminated.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

The mod has been deleted from Steam Workshop???!!!
    What happened mate?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    The mod has been deleted from Steam Workshop???!!!
    What happened mate?
    Possibly because of the HBO copyrighted issue.

Haven't check with Steam yet though.

Any news LestaT ?

It's still gone from Steam Workshop.....I hope it's not dead, I love this mod!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I will release something (and more) this weekend.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Imperator III - v1.0 Released

New download link updated on first post.

Thanks LestaT appreciate it!

Unfortunately, after the first round off the game . Is perhaps the steam version ?

Is anyone running this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by rusfaither View Post
    Is anyone running this mod?
    Yes and I have even reskinned all the Roman units and auxilia (for private use). I mainly used Kaziel's models so I cannot release I'm afraid.

You have to rename the mod pack otherwise it will be deleted by Steam every time you run it (It's because it's still blacklisted on Steam an marked for auto delete by the Steam Algorythm).
    So rename it to Imperator_Three.pack for example and it should not get deleted anymore (in theory).

Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast