Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Imperator III - v1.0 Released

Default Re: Imperator III - Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I myself is not capable of actually creating new variant meshes but what I'm planning to do is that using the vanilla generic auxilia variants as a base and then create a imperial auxilia with variations maybe in faces and then shield/standars. For example the vanilla thracian cavalry auxilia can be upgraded into the imperial auxilia which have standardadize equipment as other auxilias, but retaining their racial features (if possible) and possibly their stats. There's enough vanilla varianmeshes that can be combined to create basically a new unit of their own.
    Yes you dont need to add new variant meshes, is better to use the generic auxilia variants.
    The model is great has greek and roman armor combined !
    I cant wait to come out the patch 17 to test it!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    Yes you dont need to add new variant meshes, is better to use the generic auxilia variants.
    The model is great has greek and roman armor combined !
    I cant wait to come out the patch 17 to test it!
    Just playing with the variant editor. Vanilla Thracian (Peltast) Auxilia upgraded to the imperial Thracian Cohort (when the time comes).

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Better and better
    I like that have the historical background to !

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    Better and better
    I like that have the historical background to !
    Just a head's up. For Imperator IV, all auxilia units will start with something like this since that time the auxilia cohorts are already an established formations of the roman legions.

p/s: The end result. THe boots looks out of place though. I think by this time even the auxilia were wearing caligae too.

Last edited by LestaT; July 26, 2015 at 06:29 AM.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

I see you are already planning for Imperator IV then, since Thracia is still independent in our campaign
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    I see you are already planning for Imperator IV then, since Thracia is still independent in our campaign
    It's always in the plan.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

For the current mod we should focus on Gallic, Germanic, Illyrian auxilia and such first. But that should be discussed internally
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    For the current mod we should focus on Gallic, Germanic, Illyrian auxilia and such first. But that should be discussed internally
    I need a list of known auxilia units, at least 20 (5 for each factions) that exist during Augustan time.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Imperator III - Open Beta Released

I have released and open beta. Being a beta, this is stil work in progress and a lot more things to be done and added though the basic frameworks are all in.

Thank you ...i will test it!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Update: 17 Aug @ 11:17pm
    Open Beta 0.67

What's New:

- Legionaries can be recruited quicker.
    - Some auxilia units recruitment added (stil wip).
    - Factions group rearrangement.
    - Lots of undocumented bug fixes.

* Changes to the startpos post means that a new campaign is needed for most of the changes can take effect.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Update: 29 Aug @ 10:59pm ( edit )
    Open Beta 0.74

- Bug fixing:
    * Naval battle crash (Brutus vs Caesar).
    * Gallic Legionaries distorted faces.
    * Typo errors here and there.

Startpos:

- Starting unit changes for most factions.
    - Cassius character moved to Pergamon from Macedonia.
    - Few starting building changes.

What's New:

- New units added.
    * Cohors Illyricorum (Illyrian infantry auxilia).
    * Cohors Ilyricorum Veterana (Thracian veteran infantry auxilia).
    * Ala Illyricorum (Illyrian cavalry auxilia).
    * Ala Illyricorum c.R. (Illyrian veteran cavalry auxilia).

Graphics:

- New varianmeshes added.
    * Imp_Ala_Illyricum.
    * Imp_Ala_Illyricum_Vet.
    * Imp_Coh_Illyricum.
    * Imp_Coh_Illyricum_Vet.

* Changes to the startpos post means that a new campaign is needed for most of the changes can take effect.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Next update should be ready by this weekend. Major changes is that the main factions now are able to recruit legionaries (and auxilias) from the start.

While waiting for the update, just check out Alex the Rambler's preview of the mod.

Awesome! I used to play IMPERATOR II back in the day all the time! My favorite mod for RTW. Great to see an IMPERATOR mod for TW:R2! Keep up the good work!

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

The final open beta v0.95 has been uploaded to workshop. Next step will be adding all the auxilia units and redoing the AOR for v1.0 release, though expected release date in sight yet. I'll post some unit previews from time to time and also finalizing the other 3 faction previews, which hopefully can be done by this weekend.

Until then, thanks for all the support.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

I don't know if this has already been brought up because I haven't had a chance to look at all the comments but how come Sparta is a client to Rome? Wasn't it annexed long before the time of the 2nd triumvirate.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    The final open beta v0.95 has been uploaded to workshop. Next step will be adding all the auxilia units and redoing the AOR for v1.0 release, though expected release date in sight yet. I'll post some unit previews from time to time and also finalizing the other 3 faction previews, which hopefully can be done by this weekend.

Until then, thanks for all the support.
    Thank you for the update

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    I don't know if this has already been brought up because I haven't had a chance to look at all the comments but how come Sparta is a client to Rome? Wasn't it annexed long before the time of the 2nd triumvirate.
    They are under Roman governor. You wont find Spartan hoplites though.

Will there be a non-steam link?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by icefire817 View Post
    Will there be a non-steam link?
    Nope.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast