Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imperator III - Open Beta Released

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Imperator III - Open Beta Released

Update: 17 Aug @ 11:17pm
    Open Beta 0.67

What's New:

- Legionaries can be recruited quicker.
    - Some auxilia units recruitment added (stil wip).
    - Factions group rearrangement.
    - Lots of undocumented bug fixes.

* Changes to the startpos post means that a new campaign is needed for most of the changes can take effect.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Decanus

Lepidus: Diplomatic situation was interesting. Was able to earn some cash through diplomacy and was all set for an ambush on Cantabria while securing peace with neighbors. Other Roman factions are active and sometimes agreeable.

Problem: As far as I can see building an Auxiliary camp in Narbonenesis while at 60% latin culture would not unlock unit recruitment.
    And Rome shows 20 units garrison while the pop up window only shows 3.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Garrison is still at the moment and I'm still figuring out the best possible combination, not too many an no too low. The auxilia is still ar from being complete and it will need manual edit to make them workable at this moment which I wont go tht far until I finalize the startpos. As the startpos is base on Augustus map, not many auxilia units avilable yet since I have disable the generic roman auxilia.

At this moment I'm trying to finish up the gallic/german auxilia units first before moving to illyrian/african and then asia. Since Lepidus at this moment is not one of the playable faction (until I figure out how to add victory condition manually) the Hispanic/Iberian auxilia will take some time to finish. Main work is not towards the auxilias that can be use by Caesar, Antonius, Brutus and Cassius.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Decanus

Main work is? towards Caesar, Antonius, Brutus and Cassius? I would love to play this mod, it's like the Augustus campaign but with 10 times more complexity

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by La Tene View Post
    Main work is? towards Caesar, Antonius, Brutus and Cassius? I would love to play this mod, it's like the Augustus campaign but with 10 times more complexity
    Yeah. My current plan is that when it's out of beta I will lock the other actions and only enable them when I can give them the same intention as the 4 main factions. Currently it's enable so I can test easier especially regarding the AORs etc.

Once the 4 main factions are done then I may think of doing the same to Lepidus and Pompeius, and maybe Senate. Still the gameplay for senate is not that it will never be able to recruit legions on the own (maybe, but will be very limited) but they can command the loyalties of other roman factions either to fight for them or to hand them over their legions.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Update: 29 Aug @ 10:59pm ( edit )
    Open Beta 0.74

- Bug fixing:
    * Naval battle crash (Brutus vs Caesar).
    * Gallic Legionaries distorted faces.
    * Typo errors here and there.

Startpos:

- Starting unit changes for most factions.
    - Cassius character moved to Pergamon from Macedonia.
    - Few starting building changes.

What's New:

- New units added.
    * Cohors Illyricorum (Illyrian infantry auxilia).
    * Cohors Ilyricorum Veterana (Thracian veteran infantry auxilia).
    * Ala Illyricorum (Illyrian cavalry auxilia).
    * Ala Illyricorum c.R. (Illyrian veteran cavalry auxilia).

Graphics:

- New varianmeshes added.
    * Imp_Ala_Illyricum.
    * Imp_Ala_Illyricum_Vet.
    * Imp_Coh_Illyricum.
    * Imp_Coh_Illyricum_Vet.

* Changes to the startpos post means that a new campaign is needed for most of the changes can take effect.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Next update should be ready by this weekend. Major changes is that the main factions now are able to recruit legionaries (and auxilias) from the start.

While waiting for the update, just check out Alex the Rambler's preview of the mod.

Default Re: [WIP] Imperator III - Announcement

Great preview guys ! looking forward for this mod!

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

What's the plan battle balance wise? Are you intending to get this like R2TR, with the elastic morale system and cohesion?

Otherwise, I'm struggling with the economy right now. I find it difficult to even maintain starting units, let alone go on the offensive and attack other areas as Octavian.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    What's the plan battle balance wise? Are you intending to get this like R2TR, with the elastic morale system and cohesion?

Otherwise, I'm struggling with the economy right now. I find it difficult to even maintain starting units, let alone go on the offensive and attack other areas as Octavian.
    Nothing is done much with the battle yet but I'll probably incorporate some of R2TR features in them.

As for the economy I feel it's just nice so far with the large starting treasury. All you need to do is to make sure some if not most of the are reserved for income producing buildings.

There will be some large update soon but I feel I want to add much as I cn before releasing it since most likely it will make save games incompatible.

At the nearest the update will come mid-late November.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Update: 6 Dec @ 2:00am
    Open Beta 0.97

*Due to large changes to the startpos, old save games might not be compatible.

Startpos:

- New AOR regions added.
    AOR_Numidia
    AOR_Maurorum
    AOR_Gallorum
    AOR_Batavorum
    AOR_Balearum
    AOR_Alpinorum
    AOR_Cretum
    AOR_Syrorum
    AOR_Bosporanorum
    AOR_Thracum
    AOR_Illyricum
    AOR_Petranum
    AOR_Germanum
    AOR_Hispanorum
    AOR_Rhodium
    AOR_Aquitanorum
    AOR_Galatarum
    AOR_Cilicum

Graphics:

- New units added.
    *Imp_Ala_Numidia (Numidian Cavalry Auxilia)
    *Imp_Ala_Numidia_cR (Numidian Veteran Cavalry Auxilia)
    *Imp_Coh_Baleares (Balearic Auxilia)
    *Imp_Coh_Baleares_Vet (Veteran Balearic Auxilia)
    *Imp_Gallic_Primae (First Gallic Cohort)

Libertus

I'll be playing this mod now and over Xmas. Is there anything you would like me to look out for or try?

I'm Pompey.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn View Post
    I'll be playing this mod now and over Xmas. Is there anything you would like me to look out for or try?

I'm Pompey.
    Just crashes or any strange auxilia like some german auxilia recruitable in Africa.

Libertus

Ok no worries.

I've been playing Rome since 2004 so I'll just give you any thoughts in my head too. You can decide if they are crap or not, hahaha. All I know is, the harder the better. I don't mind if I'm destroyed four times before I succeed. Perhaps Legendary settings could but made harder or something? But don't change it for just one guy, hahaha.

The way I look at it is that in all history most invaders usually took a very long time to control an area/country. (Not the 10years it takes in Rome games) Rome never controlled all of the island of Britain and they never even got to Ireland. (Even where they did control, things where not happy all the time). . Once you land within a few years it' over. Maybe loads and loads of troops and armies for factions in Britain and Ireland. With public order/rebellion set high so that every few years you have to go back and teach them to heal again.

It took Rome a long time to control all of Spain. 150years and again, all was not happy or in full control all the time.

Alexander spent 3 years running around Iran/Afghanistan putting down rebels. That only ended when he married into the locals. God knows how much he paid for that but as a long term strategy for his empire it was a good move.(Not counting his Generals/officers being pissed about it) Hell his empire din't even last that long.

Anyway as you can see I'm all about the difficulty, hahaha. I'll post my thoughts on the Mod after Xmas.
    Last edited by Eamonn; December 19, 2015 at 05:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12