Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WIP] Unofficial Unit Cohesion & Charge Improvement Mod

Default Re: [WIP] Unofficial Unit Cohesion & Charge Improvement Mod

Will this submod be implemented with core EB II ?

This submod is really old. I think even 2.01X or 2.1 had more recent improvements.

I actually think it was implemented in previous versions or at least a modified version of it.

We will either find a way, or make one.

So why was this left half done, and more importantly why are core game mechanics fixes being released as 'submods'? this being only one of them.

@Coldfire, you might want to change into a less accusatory tone when addressing people who spent their precious free time on a mod. What you call 'core game mechanics' is hard work from a volunteer.

unfortunately OPs videos don't seem like they have been implemented in the version i have, which is a shame, they gave me so much hope!

Quote Originally Posted by hlidskjalf View Post
    unfortunately OPs videos don't seem like they have been implemented in the version i have, which is a shame, they gave me so much hope!
    Here is the response I gave to someone who commented on the video a couple days ago:

Most of this mod was incorporated into the base version of EBII (earlier this year, I believe). While my settings are slightly different compared to the current version of EBII, it's pretty close to what you see here.

IMPORTANT: To achieve the best results with a cavalry charge in the current version of EBII, you should position your cavalry about 100 m directly in front of — or likewise, directly behind — an enemy unit. Arrange the cavalry in a close square-like formation or use fewer ranks (3 or 2) in wider lines to wield a greater surface-area impact on a more scattered enemy. Finally, after your cavalry are where you want them (~100m away from the target unit), double-right click attack the enemy. This ensures the cavalry are in a full gallop when initiating their charge. Using these tactics will make your cavalry more effective and cohesive throughout a battle.

hey, that was me who commented

thanks for the response anyway; my frustration is with infantry engagements however, and so i've been mucking around in descr_pathfinding and descr_units, but man it's not happening. the common occurrence of only 8 units out of 160 actually charging into the enemy, drives me nuts

thanks for the response anyway; my frustration is with infantry engagements however, and so i've been mucking around in descr_pathfinding and descr_units, but man it's not happening. the common occurrence of only 8 units out of 160 actually charging into the enemy, drives me nuts
    not rarely give better results blob rather then charge with infantry

Nothing can be done about that, the source of the issue isn't to do with pathfinding or anything else. It's that in order to fix the precursor bug (units perpetually "reloading" and myriad other issues with javelin-using infantry) we effectively turned all javelin-using line units into skirmishers. Meaning they have to change weapons in order to charge, and infantry have to stop to change.

Quote Originally Posted by betto View Post
    not rarely give better results blob rather then charge with infantry
    i dig that, but when playing with gallic factions, without a proper charge you're unable to use their inherent talent. gaesatoi seem fierce with their 16(?) charge but it's never utilized. every battle v. rome is telamon over and over and over and over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12