Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ACW 3.6 Campaign Crash Solution

Default Crash at the end of the 47th turn (ACW)

i've installed ACW 3.6 a few weeks ago. So i load my sauvegarde (i'm playing with the south) but at the end of the 47th turn, the games crashes x))
    i tried with the north, but it still doesn't work...
    Can someone help me ? i tried to put lower graphics, to load a previous save etc... (sorry for my bad english, i'm french )

Default Re: Crash at the end of the 47th turn (ACW)

Your saves are probably corrupted, something about late turns and the script files. Were you using the starting armies startpos or No starting armies????? To reverse this you would need to go to an earlier save...

I have the same problem what should I do? Restarted 6 campaigns and always happens when Im owning the south.

If anyone read the intro, we stated there were issues with the startpos, and requested full details of any campaign crashes... what event // faction turn does it seem to occur on?

I seem to fix it by accepting peace then declaring war next turn. But im not sure how that fixed it. It always occurs on CSA turns. Also. why does CSA suck? They dont even attack and cant have a nice campaign.

Sometimes there are anomalies that cause crashes, and if you alter play said anomaly is avoided. I managed to eliminate many of them, but some still persist. For me, I always receive a crash at the end of 1862, and now when Richmond is besieged. Ideally I hope that people will test the other startpos versions to find the most stable to act as a base for a full rework.

Please try to be a bit more constructive than "why does CSA suck?" And if anything, were interested in solutions not problem pointing. When I play as Union the CSA often takes the offensive in the West. Each persons computer seems to handle it a bit differently.

I didnt mean to offend you when i said "why does CSA suck". They are just poor in my game. Sitting in regions and being a nuisance with one man stacks. I took 6 regions in 2 turns. Very sad.

Just got to turn 78 and now when I click end turn it immediately crashes and if i try to make diplomacy it instantly crashes as well. Any ideas?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianStud View Post
    Just got to turn 78 and now when I click end turn it immediately crashes and if i try to make diplomacy it instantly crashes as well. Any ideas?
    Really man. Did you read the first post in the 3.6 release thread? WE DON'T KNOW!!! We're trying to find out what causes the crashes. We said this in advance. We said the game will crash eventually. Not sure when but for sure. And we gave you 4 startpos files to try out. Some are more stable than others. Why is pappa pissed and why amd I pissed? Cause we spelled it out for you people in the first post, but you're still pestering us as if we're a pro game company that's supposed to release a foolproof product. So read this once again: WE DON'T KNOW! If ye wanna help, learn coding and fix it. We've done what we could with the mod, we worked a couple years on it for nothing, gave it to you to play with, now stop breaking our balls if it's bugged. Yes we know it's ing bugged! You think we bugged it just to mess with you? You think we wouldn't have fixed it if we knew how? Feel free to delete it, play with it or fix it, just stop your goddamn complaining already. We don't owe you anything and you don't owe us anything, k? It's out there, it's free, use it or loose it or forget about it...
    Last edited by Trig; February 14, 2015 at 08:09 PM.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Only mod I have played that crashes. Minor Factions Revenge, Darthmod, Imperial Splendour all work perfectly. No point in releasing an unplayable mod in which crashes are every turn. You guys act like all hell broke loose. Expect this if you are gonna make a mod. Find the fixes, get donations. Dont piss all over the forums to your downloaders for getting spam. This is how every mod is.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianStud View Post
    Only mod I have played that crashes. Minor Factions Revenge, Darthmod, Imperial Splendour all work perfectly. No point in releasing an unplayable mod in which crashes are every turn. You guys act like all hell broke loose. Expect this if you are gonna make a mod. Find the fixes, get donations. Dont piss all over the forums to your downloaders for getting spam. This is how every mod is.
    Yea. They were stats mods, not full conversions. Go convert Empire into Star Wars, then tell us... I'ts not unplayable as it works fine on my comp. If you can't install it, don't bother. We told you it's at your own risk. We don't do donations. It's free. You're the one doing the pissing and spamming, a dozen posts in a row how terribly upset you are. You'd wanna get over yourself there... No, not every mod is like this. This is my 4th mod and the first to be this difficult to do bugwise...

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Turn 78 is pretty good going. Not exactly every other turn. Does it crash as soon as you click end of turn, or when a minor faction turn comes, or they seem to do something? When you said it crashes when you try to do diplomacy, is that at any point in the campaign? I think that if you make any diplomatic moves the first turn, it can cause a crash, so wait until the 2nd turn to start. Although I think this was only an issue on the non-starting army startpos.

I usually fine the union campaign much harder, with an aggressive csa and the csa campaign easier with a very benign union. The startpos has been the biggest problem area and is very difficult to mod. Many of the crash issues were introduced neither by Trig or myself, which is why we provided older versions for people to test, so that we can find the most stable version to attempt a rebuild from.

Almost any mod I've played that involved a startpos rebuild has crash issues. I played TAR and it crashed for the new playable factions. It's made more complicated by the instability of the esf modding software.

I just started a new campaign. It crashes instantly when I click end turn. I used no starting armies campaign and i think its crash free.

^^^^What an A$$hole!

So, i've tried to load somes previous saves and change things like make peace with Mexican Empire, do not besiege the city what i wanted to do and some others things... but it still doesn't work...
    I've tried with the north too, still doesn't work too...
    Hopefully, battles don't crash.
    What sould i do then?

A game ending crash is a bug the team hasnt been able to figure out, if you have any mod knowledge please let the team know..

Default ACW 3.6 Campaign Crash Solution

Several versions of the ACW campaigns were released with 3.6, some more stable than others. Many people have been reporting or complaining about campaign crashes with the default campaign version... SO here is a reminder on how to change campaign types:

II. BETA TESTING CAMPAIGN SELECTION for experienced users that want to experiment:

Due to bugs with the present campaign files (startpos) we have provided several versions of the campaign files for you to choose from. The latest versions are more immersive and enjoyable, including some starting armies and forts (3.6 Starting Armies), but will have campaign crashes at certain point. The older campaign files are probably more stable but have several inaccuracies and are likely less fun (3.4 and 3.5)

Due to the lack of a new launcher you will have to manually select which version of the campaign you want to play.

Different campaign files are available in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\SubMods\ZoR\WPATH\CS or US.
    Copy the files from any of the 3.4, 3.5 or 3.6 subfolders that you wish to use into
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\SubMods\ZoR\WPATH\CS or US
    and into
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH\CS or US

Don't worry, it only looks scary, but it really isn't.

Default Re: ACW 3.6 Campaign Crash Solution

I think this will be helpful for a number of new users, thanks.
    "I began to hate you when you became the murderer of your mother and your wife, a charioteer, an actor, and an incendiary."

I am still getting campaign crash with 3.5 startpos in rounds 15-30. I have tried with both CSA and USA multiple campaigns. Always get a campaign crash by round 30.

What is the most stable startpos for you guys?

I got to around Turn 64 with CSA 3.6 with starting armies then I got a crash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast