Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [UPD 30 OCT 15] Preview: Faction and Unit Descriptions

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Development] Preview Thread: Faction and Unit Descriptions

No worries, i understand and respect your point, I get the vibe you're trying to create, it was just a suggestion
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

As we move closer and closer to pre alpha, i thought i ought to throw some fuel on the fire, so here are 2 full faction descriptions, for your reading pleasure:

The Dominion of Isengard

Orthanc and Barad Dur, the Union of the Two Towers, who now has strength to oppose them? Fools! They do not understand that to fight against the Power in the East is vanity. Elves are fading into the past, dwarves will remain in their mountains, and men, men have no strength left to fight.They are divided and leaderless, their armies will be but petty squabbles against the Black Legion. Against his might there can be no victory, we must join with Sauron.

Long have i forseen this doom in the high tower at the foot of the Isen, long has he disguised himself, only now to appear in full strength. The eastern sky has grown dark, Mordor is rising, fumes rise from pits as he forges new legions. Black Uruks, they are stronger then the orcs of the old Mordor, and he will cover the sky with his shadow to ease their passing under the sun. In Gondor, the Tower of the Moon and the Dome of Stars have both been desolated, how long do they think they have before Ectheleon's Tower to will fall, and his White Tree burn?

I have seen much in the Palantir, he will strike hard against Gondor and break it apart from three fronts. The corsairs from the sea, the Haradrim from the south and his own legions from the east. If any help were to come to Gondor it would be from Rohan, but no help will come. For long have the fires of industry been burning inside Isengard, our army is ready. The once weak and frail uruks of Mordor now perfected into my fighting Uruk-Hai. They are bread for one purpose, to destroy the armies and lands of the horse lords. They have no fear of daylight and wield a ferocity yet unknown to men. Theoden, King of Rohan, is an old man and Grimma my servant has already begun to poison his mind, he will not lead his people to the aid of their friends. Even if their armies marched to Gondor he will have no people to lead, the Dunlendings are raiding, burning farms and vilages, and now, our Uruk-Hai will march upon Edoras and the Hornburg. When Rohan is crushed, Gondor will fall. Our wargs and pikes will be quite the match for their horsemen, and the armor of the Uruk-Hai is thicker then that of any hauberk of Rohan. Our forces are prepared,the world of men will burn!

But in the end Sauron will need the Ring of power to finalize his dominion over Middle Earth. If he seeks to be god and king over this world, he must have total control, the One Ring, isildur's Bane is ever calling him...Find it! For if the Ring comes to Orthanc, it will not be Sauron that rules Arda, but Saruman, the Wizard of many Colors! And at last i will set this land as it should have been from the foundation. Where the wise rule over the foolish, and the petty pay tribute to the great. The Ring of Power must be found, but not by him. It is rumored to be carried by a halfling, if you should find any, bring them to me and you will be greatly rewarded. For now the Two Towers are at Union, but there can be only one, Lord of the Ring!

The Blessed Realm of Lothlorien

Ah, the Golden Mallorn, symbol of elven freedom, and power. Ancient as the days are old, strong as the foundations of the mountains, and graceful as the fairest of the firstborn. As the Mallorn are, so are we elves of Lorien. Great magic and power dwell in the lands of Nimrodel, Cerin Amorth and Caras Galadhon. It is kept un-corrupted by the ring of power, Nenya, still adorned on the finger of the Lady of Lorien. The rivers and streams still run with a quiet, peaceful enchantment, the trees yet blossom wisdom, and the flowers splendor. The air dances gently to the music of the elder songs, hymns of light and joy of times long forgotten. Here is the heart of elven-dom in Arda, here is the Haven of the Lord and Lady.

Though light is yet to be found in Lorien, we are but a shadow of the past. We cling with all our might to what little light we have left, and the shadow ever tightens it's noose. We have not the strength to go outside of our borders. Haldir and his wardens protect our lands, but outside, the hills and valleys are festered with orcs. To the west is the abandoned city of Khazad-Dum, Moria, now the cavern and den of goblins. To the east is Dul Guldur, our once beloved Amon Lanc, now raveged by trolls and dark sorcerers.

Though we yet have a refuge, a small haven from the wars and fires around us, we cannot conceal it forever. One of the three will not keep out the ruler of the nine, much less the One. The light of the Mallorn is dwindling, but it has not yet faded.

Within the forest one can yet see companies of elven bowmen, the finest in Arda still marching through our lands, on errand from the Lady to mount the defense of the border. We have the strength to resist Sauron for a time. But in the end, in the passing of years, we will fade. Though we may forbear him, we could never assail him, To him we are but a wild beast, ready to be hunted, and then destroyed.

In loom of this fate we are left with a choice, leave middle earth, sail to the undying lands, ever to ponder the fate of these shores; or to give our last efforts, the hindmost blood of the firstborn in forlorn resistance. All our strength hurled against his gates in the embodiment of glory, to wit, the finest hour of the elves, this side the Sundering Sea! For though it be our last hour, by Elbereth it shall also be our finest! May the stars be a light above us, eternal illumination guiding the bows of the Galadhrim! May the strength of the Valar be upon our courageous warriors! May the blessings of the Lord and Lady, be a shield to all sons of the Mallorn! And by Eru Illuvatar himself, may the ring of Adamant, and the blood of our kindred yet save our beloved Home!

Last edited by cshewey; October 30, 2015 at 01:05 PM.

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

Great, great!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You see, my friend, or should I say foe: the truth has died so long ago, that I shall not find her headstone!

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by cshewey View Post
    As we move closer and closer to pre alpha, i thought i ought to throw some fuel on the fire, so here are 2 full faction descriptions, for your reading pleasure:

The Dominion of Isengard

Orthanc and Barad Dur, the Union of the Two Towers, who now has strength to oppose them? Fools! They do not understand that to fight against the Power in the East is vanity. Elves are fading into the past, dwarves will remain in their mountains, and men, men have no strength left to fight.They are divided and leaderless, their armies will be but petty squabbles against the Black Legion. Against his might there can be no victory, we must join with Sauron.

Long have i forseen this doom in the high tower at the foot of the Isen, long has he disguised himself, only now to appear in full strength. The eastern sky has grown dark, Mordor is rising, fumes rise from pits as he forges new legions. Black Uruks, they are stronger then the orcs of the old Mordor, and he will cover the sky with his shadow to ease their passing under the sun. In Gondor, the Tower of the Moon and the Dome of Stars have both been desolated, how long do they think they have before Ectheleon's Tower to will fall, and his White Tree burn?

I have seen much in the Palantir, he will strike hard against Gondor and break it apart from three fronts. The corsairs from the sea, the Haradrim from the south and his own legions from the east. If any help were to come to Gondor it would be from Rohan, but no help will come. For long have the fires of industry been burning inside Isengard, our army is ready. The once weak and frail uruks of Mordor now perfected into my fighting Uruk-Hai. They are bread for one purpose, to destroy the armies and lands of the horse lords. They have no fear of daylight and wield a ferocity yet unknown to men. Theoden, King of Rohan, is an old man and Grimma my servant has already begun to poison his mind, he will not lead his people to the aid of their friends. Even if their armies marched to Gondor he will have no people to lead, the Dunlendings are raiding, burning farms and vilages, and now, our Uruk-Hai will march upon Edoras and the Hornburg. When Rohan is crushed, Gondor will fall. Our wargs and pikes will be quite the match for their horsemen, and the armor of the Uruk-Hai is thicker then that of any hauberk of Rohan. Our forces are prepared,the world of men will burn!

But in the end Sauron will need the Ring of power to finalize his dominion over Middle Earth. If he seeks to be god and king over this world, he must have total control, the One Ring, isildur's Bane is ever calling him...Find it! For if the Ring comes to Orthanc, it will not be Sauron that rules Arda, but Saruman, the Wizard of many Colors! And at last i will set this land as it should have been from the foundation. Where the wise rule over the foolish, and the petty pay tribute to the great. The Ring of Power must be found, but not by him. It is rumored to be carried by a halfling, if you should find any, bring them to me and you will be greatly rewarded. For now the Two Towers are at Union, but there can be only one, Lord of the Ring!

Ah, the Golden Mallorn, symbol of elven freedom, and power. Ancient as the days are old, strong as the foundations of the mountains, and graceful as the fairest of the firstborn. As the Mallorn are, so are we elves of Lorien. Great magic and power dwell in the lands of Nimrodel, Cerin Amorth and Caras Galadhon. It is kept un-corrupted by the ring of power, Nenya, still adorned on the finger of the Lady of Lorien. The rivers and streams still run with a quiet, peaceful enchantment, the trees yet blossom wisdom, and the flowers splendor. The air dances gently to the music of the elder songs, hymns of light and joy of times long forgotten. Here is the heart of elven-dom in Arda, here is the Haven of the Lord and Lady.

Though light is yet to be found in Lorien, we are but a shadow of the past. We cling with all our might to what little light we have left, and the shadow ever tightens it's noose. We have not the strength to go outside of our borders. Haldir and his wardens protect our lands, but outside, the hills and valleys are festered with orcs. To the west is the abandoned city of Khazad-Dum, Moria, now the cavern and den of goblins. To the east is Dul Guldur, our once beloved Amon Lanc, now raveged by trolls and dark sorcerers.

Though we yet have a refuge, a small haven from the wars and fires around us, we cannot conceal it forever. One of the three will not keep out the ruler of the nine, much less the One. The light of the Mallorn is dwindling, but it has not yet faded.

Within the forest one can yet see companies of elven bowmen, the finest in Arda still marching through our lands, on errand from the Lady to mount the defense of the border. We have the strength to resist Sauron for a time. But in the end, in the passing of years, we will fade. Though we may forbear him, we could never assail him, To him we are but a wild beast, ready to be hunted, and then destroyed.

In loom of this fate we are left with a choice, leave middle earth, sail to the undying lands, ever to ponder the fate of these shores; or to give our last efforts, the hindmost blood of the firstborn in forlorn resistance. All our strength hurled against his gates in the embodiment of glory, to wit, the finest hour of the elves, this side the Sundering Sea! For though it be our last hour, by Elbereth it shall also be our finest! May the stars be a light above us, eternal illumination guiding the bows of the Galadhrim! May the strength of the Valar be upon our courageous warriors! May the blessings of the Lord and Lady, be a shield to all sons of the Mallorn! And by Eru Illuvatar himself, may the ring of Adamant, and the blood of our kindred yet save our beloved Home!

Cool man .

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

The Dominion of Isengard

I am speechless
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Wow, thanks for the feedback. Let me know which faction you want next. Between Alkar, Atthias and Beren, whoever posts first who they want, i will post ASAP.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Wow, thanks for the feedback. Let me know which faction you want next. Between Alkar, Atthias and Beren, whoever posts first who they want, i will post ASAP.
    Have you done Mordor yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Have you done Mordor yet?
    Yes, Mordor is finished, almost all of them are finished.
    The Black Lord of Mordor

'

Shadow, deep, and dark, endless night, without the light of stars. all shall fade into darkness, and our rule will be total! The age of men is over...the time of the orc has begun. Feeble rebellion against the Dark Lord will not be tolerated. His power will reach from the vast eastern deserts to the havens of the accursed elf folk. None can abide his will, his legions will sweep across the land, all shall bow and despair. Shadow and unending night, a red sun with no dawn, an unending rule of total power, unchangeable.

The once wretched orc are now bread as tall and strong uruks. The Black Legions now have no fear of dawn, the accursed elves are wise enough to flee to their lands far across the sea, but men and dwarves will not be so fortunate. The master breeds all manor of fell creatures in the dungeons of Barad Dur, terrible and great Olag-Hai, wargs and other more dreaded servants of darkness. Legions of Southrons and Easterlings, loyal to the Black Tower pour in every hour. Our full strength will now be unleashed against the weak king-less land of Gondor, it was once great but now crumbles, eroded by shadows. What help does it have?

Our corsairs from Umbar will pillage and burn the haven of Amroth, Saruman and his Uruk-Hai will destroy the Rohirrim, and the Easterling hordes together with our forces in Dul Guldur, will destroy any help that may come from the North. Men are surrounded, outnumbered and overrun...THEIR WORLD WILL BURN, AND ALL LANDS WILL FALL INTO SHADOW.

But there is one flaw yet in our great scheme, we yet lack the One, the Ring of Power. It must be found at all cost, with it all resistance will be vanity. But it yet escapes our spies, and the Great Eye is always searching for it, it haunts him, and he will never be rid of his need for it. Also there is word of an heir of Isildur, the man who first bereaved our lord of his Ring. This heir is said to dwell somewhere in the north, where his men waylay our warriors in Angmar. This -as will all other light- must be extinguished. Our Master is great and he will suffer no rival. Yet great is the reward of his servants. Accomplish his will and when all the men are dead you will have your share of the plunder.

The Black Land is mustering, he is sending forth the clouds of war to ease our passing across the river, there is a new craving for man flesh in the Lands of Mordor! Our lord beckons, the hour is at hand! Now send forth the legions, and cover all lands in a second and total darkness! If you do well, you will be ruler of a thousand cities, second only to Sauron the Great!

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Holy that was epic, also I just noticed the Mordor symbol and i have to say... It looks ing amazing well done guys!
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

I must say I cant wait to play this. Till it is finished I will replay my Third Age campaign...again
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Hi guys!
    I've just read these descriptions and i'm speechless. They're really nice... but they're also only english
    I'm Italian, so can I take care of translating them for my country ?

Quote Originally Posted by Royt55 View Post
    Hi guys!
    I've just read these descriptions and i'm speechless. They're really nice... but they're also only english
    I'm Italian, so can I take care of translating them for my country ?

Be my guest to translate them. I wrote them (with a few edits here and there from Alkar) but i give you full permission to translate them, as long as you DONT change them at all. You can then just send them to me via private message and i will be sure to include them in any other language versions of the mod.

Et lux in tenebris lucet! Sic semper tyrannis!

Sorry that is all the latin i know...

Any other suggestions for a faction? I will release one more here before pre alpha, so i will take the first suggestion.
    Here are the ones i have finished ATM:
    The Elven Kingdom of Lindon, The Lost Realm of Arnor, The Realm of Lothlorien, The Kingdom of Rohan, The Kingdom of Gondor, The Dominion of Isengard, The Hidden Realm of Imladris, The Woodland Realm, The Dwarves of Erebor, Wild Men of Dunland, The Kingdom of Dale, The Black Lord of Mordor, The Haradric Tribes, The Dwarves of Ered Luin.

Still working on many others but it wont be long until they are also ready. Anyway, i will post the first suggestion.

-cshewey

Be my guest to translate them. I wrote them (with a few edits here and there from Alkar) but i give you full permission to translate them, as long as you DONT change them at all. You can then just send them to me via private message and i will be sure to include them in any other language versions of the mod.

Et lux in tenebris lucet! Sic semper tyrannis!

Sorry that is all the latin i know...

Oh don't worry... I'm studying latin at school but I'm not actually much better than you
    I won't change your traduction, obviously except from some idiomatic english expressions that I must modify (literal translation never works in this cases)

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

Awesome dude, I love your descriptions a lot ! I can't wait for the Iron hills faction's description
    Last edited by Ironfoot; October 31, 2015 at 01:15 PM.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Yes, Mordor is finished, almost all of them are finished.
    The Black Lord of Mordor

'

Shadow, deep, and dark, endless night, without the light of stars. all shall fade into darkness, and our rule will be total! The age of men is over...the time of the orc has begun. Feeble rebellion against the Dark Lord will not be tolerated. His power will reach from the vast eastern deserts to the havens of the accursed elf folk. None can abide his will, his legions will sweep across the land, all shall bow and despair. Shadow and unending night, a red sun with no dawn, an unending rule of total power, unchangeable.

The once wretched orc are now bread as tall and strong uruks. The Black Legions now have no fear of dawn, the accursed elves are wise enough to flee to their lands far across the sea, but men and dwarves will not be so fortunate. The master breeds all manor of fell creatures in the dungeons of Barad Dur, terrible and great Olag-Hai, wargs and other more dreaded servants of darkness. Legions of Southrons and Easterlings, loyal to the Black Tower pour in every hour. Our full strength will now be unleashed against the weak king-less land of Gondor, it was once great but now crumbles, eroded by shadows. What help does it have?

Our corsairs from Umbar will pillage and burn the haven of Amroth, Saruman and his Uruk-Hai will destroy the Rohirrim, and the Easterling hordes together with our forces in Dul Guldur, will destroy any help that may come from the North. Men are surrounded, outnumbered and overrun...THEIR WORLD WILL BURN, AND ALL LANDS WILL FALL INTO SHADOW.

But there is one flaw yet in our great scheme, we yet lack the One, the Ring of Power. It must be found at all cost, with it all resistance will be vanity. But it yet escapes our spies, and the Great Eye is always searching for it, it haunts him, and he will never be rid of his need for it. Also there is word of an heir of Isildur, the man who first bereaved our lord of his Ring. This heir is said to dwell somewhere in the north, where his men waylay our warriors in Angmar. This -as will all other light- must be extinguished. Our Master is great and he will suffer no rival. Yet great is the reward of his servants. Accomplish his will and when all the men are dead you will have your share of the plunder.

The Black Land is mustering, he is sending forth the clouds of war to ease our passing across the river, there is a new craving for man flesh in the Lands of Mordor! Our lord beckons, the hour is at hand! Now send forth the legions, and cover all lands in a second and total darkness! If you do well, you will be ruler of a thousand cities, second only to Sauron the Great!

Cool bro! That symbol is boss.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Any other suggestions for a faction? I will release one more here before pre alpha, so i will take the first suggestion.
    Here are the ones i have finished ATM:
    The Elven Kingdom of Lindon, The Lost Realm of Arnor, The Realm of Lothlorien, The Kingdom of Rohan, The Kingdom of Gondor, The Dominion of Isengard, The Hidden Realm of Imladris, The Woodland Realm, The Dwarves of Erebor, Wild Men of Dunland, The Kingdom of Dale, The Black Lord of Mordor, The Haradric Tribes, The Dwarves of Ered Luin.

Still working on many others but it wont be long until they are also ready. Anyway, i will post the first suggestion.

-cshewey
    The Haradrim Tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The Haradrim Tribes.
    Hah, the faction I'm working on! Several units are in development for them but not ready for publishing yet. I don't create a specific preview thread for Harad right now, (I know, this is the thread for the descriptions, but hey!) but maybe it's time for a small sneak peek...

A Haradrim Sword

Credits: Vikus van de Merwe
    Harad Hasharii - Early WIP

Credits: Vikus van de Merwe
    Enjoy! Maybe this makes reading the description for Harad even more enjoyable.
    ------------- under the patronage of wangrin --------------

~~~~~~~ Total War: Rise of Mordor at ModDB ~~~~~~~

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

thanks you cheswey and vikus van de merwe for keeping us updated
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

The Dominion of Isengard

Amazing! Well done!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast