Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWC Tag Team Tournament TATW Quarter Final 1 2v2v2

Default Re: TWC Tag Team Tournament TATW Quarter Final 1 2v2v2

Good thing my risks didn't backfire (yet) Super tired atm. Might have done some missplays. Pictures will be added in about 16 hours.

Dale- Rohan: http://www.filedropper.com/tagt1dale8

Pictures added: A Candidate for adoption conveniently shows up to save the day. There also were two small skirmish attacks on Rohan.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Oh, and "OP FACTION" taken from Harad with overwhelming odds.
    Last edited by Egyptian_Viking; August 14, 2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Pictures added

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Can we know what happened?

Adanedhel's Avatar Campidoctor

Dale is done, Rohan still to go. Uldonavan taken with overwhelming odds (spy). Rhomen taken and with that Rhun has been destroyed!

Just kidding . Sorry, I just had to do it. Borthand and his heir are spared...for now.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Dream Team is up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/7b4khz

Istvan was defeated multiple times and in the end he was killed, while his militia unit was sent back to Calembel.
    Angbor was also defeated and he retreated back to Calembel again.
    Every battle was won with overwhelming odds.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Bump! Reminders sent.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Yo I'm playing both turns today, got lots of hotseats to do m80s.

I can understand that. Just give a heads up next time and we're all cool.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Yea I was only told last night I needed to sub again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8B...ew?usp=sharing Mordor up, sunk a Gondor ship pics up soon.

Here we go!

Nothing special to report as Mordor this turn. I keep pushing into the lands of both Harad and Rohan.

Gondor: A really nice turn
    First off I won a naval battle:

I then proceeded with attacking the Rohirrim:

The remaining forces all fled back to "Not so innocent village". I killed them all and sacked my own village
    I seem to have forgotten to take screens for that one and it's practically impossible to get the same exact results again. Here is what the battle deployment looked like: (not 100% correct.) I won the battle with 151(!) men remaining:

Lastly I took the empty village "Who doesn't like villages?" (Not the same as the first village.)

Dale up: http://www.filedropper.com/tagt1dale9
    Last edited by Egyptian_Viking; August 21, 2015 at 05:53 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

I call on that one. I made my army position themself in the forest without any MP. They shouldn't have attacked out, if you reach them. Also I didn't want to say this, but this what I would say the hotseat tournament was kinda rushed in TATW section. I didn't stand a chance against Boromir's and Denethor's OP bonus starting MP. Boromir reached my army that has bonus MP and they couldn't have reach him from that position.
    It is kinda stupid to see myself, who played as good as I can and I still lost pretty much because of this.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; August 21, 2015 at 06:47 PM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon. View Post
    I call on that one. I made my army position themself in the forest without any MP. They shouldn't have attacked out, if you reach them. Also I didn't want to say this, but this what I would say the hotseat tournament was kinda rushed in TATW section. I didn't stand a chance against Boromir's and Denethor's OP bonus starting MP. Boromir reached my army that has bonus MP and they couldn't have reach him from that position.
    It is kinda stupid to see myself, who played as good as I can and I still lost pretty much because of this.
    They didn't ambush me. I could exactly reaxh them and attack them. (I had another general in the army which made the movement look smaller than it actually was)

I - also being your opponent - agree on this. Gondor has some serious benefits. And Mordor as well with it's superiour AR. But try to keep in mind that I am in the middle of the map with 2 big fronts to hold. Without fast support from Mordor I would be pretty screwed. I also have to play everything myself. It might help me you'd think, but I mostly just get stressed out as I have to play both turns within the time limit. It could be more balanced though, definately.

As for the movement: yes Boromir's movement is crazy at start. Denethor's on the other hand - I was just super lucky and got that extra movement bonus by chance.

Gaming Emeritus

But you got the two most powerful faction in TATW in AR and that's show that you can easily deal with me and Harad as you making progress against him also.
    Moreover the fact doesn't change when I kinda instant lost this tournament, when you moved Boromir against me, who moves as much or more than my cavalry unit, with his infantry bodyguard and that he can make his infantry army move more than my cavalry is just plain, well I am death now.

The fact still stand, that I lost this tournament on one mechanical stupidity, which could have been avoided by some little change in the files.

Mordor and Gondor are way too OP even with enemies around them. Even if Dragon didn't lose those men, Rohan would still be in a very dire situation. Despite the center location, Mordor is still capable of attacking Rohan from 3 sides basically and there is also Gondor to reckon with...

Gaming Emeritus

And to make the icing on the cake of what Adanedhel said, so far you moved Mordor forces only towards me and Arrow, while you leaving Dale and Rhun alone, so I have to fight with Mordor also, whom as you play too you can make perfect army compositions with Gondor, compositions that against I don't stand a chance at all with my AR and my starting economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    Mordor and Gondor are way too OP even with enemies around them.
    Yep. Totally agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon. View Post
    But you got the two most powerful faction in TATW in AR and that's show that you can easily deal with me and Harad as you making progress against him also.
    Moreover the fact doesn't change when I kinda instant lost this tournament, when you moved Boromir against me, who moves as much or more than my cavalry unit, with his infantry bodyguard and that he can make his infantry army move more than my cavalry is just plain, well I am death now.

The fact still stand, that I lost this tournament on one mechanical stupidity, which could have been avoided by some little change in the files.
    I have the 2 best AR factions in this Hotseat, not the 2 best in the game. Some factions are even more ridiculous.
    Boromir has always been a pain for anyone in every hotseat ever, but yeah I agree. Having the better AR together with his movement is just too much.

You haven't lost quite yet. You have 2 armies raiding my lands and a big force back home. With me killing your men this turn (including 3 generals) you should get more money to produce more troops.

I also think many things are unfair. Not only for this hotseat but for every TATW Hotseat. This is mainly due to the unbalanced AR. Yep, the Hotseat was rushed to keep up with the rest of the tournament. But with too many changes it could have been unbalanced the other way around. And it would have taken a long time to get it balanced perfectly. (Is it even possible?) Boromir's movement could have easily been tweaked before the game started like many other things could have been to make it more balanced. But no one said a thing and it never was. You did get a good start though with your rush and I could (and still can) Lose this.

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Let's face it guys, TATW is very unbalanced anyway, there were no easy fixes. The greatest problem is the unequal AR, movementpoints is just a part of the game and that happens in other hotseats too. You have these AR problems in regular TATW hotseats as well, but perhaps it is more evident in a tag.

TATW really needs a good hotseat patch that fixes these AR issues.

Gaming Emeritus

Well I didn't lost right now I agree, but how can I keep up with Boromir's movement? I can only win if you don't see somehow my forces, when I lay a trap for example. Moreover Denethor is coming close and the Witchking is also there to help. The amount of troops I just lost is easily tiped the advantage for you, especially, who much time do I need to train new units, whom also kinda inferior both to Gondor and Mordor.

The thing is with TATW that it is unbalanced yes, but the problem which here arised isn't happen most of the time in normal TATW games, because Gondor-Rohan almost always are an allies, because that is a perfect for both of them and Mordor vs Gondor is more a "fair" fight if I can call it, as the Witch King has good MP also on his sleeve to fight against Denethor or Boromir.

But here the two are allies and I get both of them at once and lets face it this tournament is appreciated by me, but it was rushed in my opinion to keep up with the westeros section.

Rhun up:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/anepbx

I took back that village in the west and killed the gondorian general.

Any time now team Harad-Rhun.

6 days have passed and three teams could have played by now. What is happening?

Gaming Emeritus

Everyone accepted, that we are the winning team, so they just gave up without a word.
    I contacted JWANT yesterday about this btw.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast