Thread: Tukish Campaign Strategy..

Default Tukish Campaign Strategy..

Hello everyone..

I am new here ..

I started a Turkish campaign recently and I am curious what is better to me; to let the Egpytians survive and trade with them for money or to attack and capture their rich homelands?

Note; I have already conqured all Asia Minor, Grece,Khazar and other cities around the Black Sea.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks for your advices..

Default Re: Tukish Campaign Strategy..

you have one of two options...or you leave the egyptians alone and conquer the byzantines or conquer the egyptians and leave the byzantines for later...but you have to attack one of them..

It been a while since I played MTW, but it sounds like you have taken most of the lands originally owned by Byzantines. So they are probably not much of a threat. I suggest you take Constantinople; its a wealthy region with a highly advanced city worth taking. Secure that front then turn your focus to the Egyptians. They are a tough opponent.

Yes, I conquered Byzantines, including islands, and I want to make war with Europeans; however, I cannot feel safe when I leave the Egyptians while they can attack my regions that with few soldiers.

since I am focusing on Europe my eastern provinces will be weak.

But, They provide fair amouth of money by trading to supply my army..

I cannot decide should I attack them or not..

If you're playing mtw XL the egyptians would be tougher but if you are playing the original game with VI expansion, then the egyptians will ensemble large armies of peasants and will easily outnumber your own armies, but they'll be easy to counter, just by positioning three armies on syria, edessa, and lesser armenia, each one composed by a 4 star or better general, two units of sarracen infantry (to counter camels or ghulam bodyguards), two units of futuwwas or desert archers if you are before 1205(weaken enemies with arrows, then support charging downhill) two units of gazi infantry(just for chopping peasants and make them run), two units of turcoman horse or horse archers (harassing and pursuing), two units of armenian heavy cav. or ghulam cav.(charging from behind at already commited enemy units and pursuing) and just for filling gaps one or two units of urban militia or muwahid foot. maybe in syria you can deploy one or two units of bedouin camels to take advantage of terrain and annulate their ghulam bodyguards or charge on peasants.......that would be enough to disencourage any attempts of attack from them..
    I hope you find this of some help..
    cheers
    Last edited by Tyberius; November 22, 2006 at 07:08 PM.

carl-the-conqueror's Avatar Centenarius

edit: attack egypt, they are very strong, but keep re-enforcing european borders
    Last edited by carl-the-conqueror; November 23, 2006 at 02:27 PM. Reason: big mistake