Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Community Campaign Map with Area of Recruitment/Unit Resources

Default Community Campaign Map with Area of Recruitment/Unit Resources

Swiss Halberdier and I (with GrudgeNL's help in how to get unit_resource_requirement to work in the PFM) are releasing a open source startpos containing an extensive placement of unit_resources. As it is open source anyone is allowed and encouraged to utilize this modification in their own projects (ideally with due credit to Swiss Halberdier and myself). We will attempt as best as we are able to keep the campaign map up to date with any future patches. And an additional thanks for Swiss Halberdier to have replugged in all the unit resources after a recent patch invalidated our work!

A startpos with edited unit resources for Vanilla Attila Total War Campaign http://www.mediafire.com/download/93...tartpos_V4.zip

A startpos with edited unit resources for The Last Roman DLC: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7...tartpos_V4.zip

There are three general categories of AOR placements in the Main Campaign:

AOR BIG REGIONS: http://imgur.com/dC4Q3jO

The unit-resources are the following:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AOR_Africa
    AOR_Arabia
    AOR_Armenia_Caucasia
    AOR_Asia
    AOR_Britannia
    AOR_Dacia_Thracia
    AOR_Dalmatia_Pannonia_Dardania_Macedonia
    AOR_Gaul
    AOR_Germania
    AOR_Hispania
    AOR_Italia
    AOR_Persia
    AOR_Sarmatia
    AOR_Steppe
    AOR_Syria_Palaestina

AOR PROVINCES: Covering each of the 62 provinces in vanilla, such as Belgica, Asorstan, Asia, Armenia, Arabia_felix and so on.

AOR_att_prov_aegyptus
    AOR_att_prov_aethiopia
    AOR_att_prov_africa
    AOR_att_prov_aquitania
    AOR_att_prov_arabia_felix
    AOR_att_prov_arabia_magna
    AOR_att_prov_armenia
    AOR_att_prov_asia
    AOR_att_prov_asorstan
    AOR_att_prov_baetica
    AOR_att_prov_belgica
    AOR_att_prov_bithynia
    AOR_att_prov_britannia_inferior
    AOR_att_prov_britannia_superior
    AOR_att_prov_caledonia_et_hibernia
    AOR_att_prov_cappadocia
    AOR_att_prov_carthaginensis
    AOR_att_prov_caucasia
    AOR_att_prov_cilicia
    AOR_att_prov_dacia
    AOR_att_prov_dalmatia
    AOR_att_prov_dardania
    AOR_att_prov_frisia
    AOR_att_prov_gallaecia
    AOR_att_prov_germania
    AOR_att_prov_germano_sarmatia
    AOR_att_prov_gothiscandza
    AOR_att_prov_hercynia
    AOR_att_prov_hyperborea
    AOR_att_prov_italia
    AOR_att_prov_khwarasan
    AOR_att_prov_libya
    AOR_att_prov_liguria
    AOR_att_prov_lugdunensis
    AOR_att_prov_lusitania
    AOR_att_prov_macedonia
    AOR_att_prov_magna_graecia
    AOR_att_prov_makran
    AOR_att_prov_mauretania
    AOR_att_prov_maxima_sequanorum
    AOR_att_prov_media_atropatene
    AOR_att_prov_mediterraneus_occidentalis
    AOR_att_prov_mediterraneus_orientalis
    AOR_att_prov_narbonensis
    AOR_att_prov_osroene
    AOR_att_prov_palaestinea
    AOR_att_prov_pannonia
    AOR_att_prov_persis
    AOR_att_prov_phazania
    AOR_att_prov_raetia_et_noricum
    AOR_att_prov_sarmatia_asiatica
    AOR_att_prov_sarmatia_europaea
    AOR_att_prov_scandza
    AOR_att_prov_scythia
    AOR_att_prov_spahan
    AOR_att_prov_syria
    AOR_att_prov_tarraconensis
    AOR_att_prov_thracia
    AOR_att_prov_transcarpathia
    AOR_att_prov_transcaspia
    AOR_att_prov_tripolitana
    AOR_att_prov_venetia

AOR ETHNIC: http://imgur.com/a/RZVNi
    Features unit resources based generally on the presence of a certain ethnic group.

AOR_Ethnic_Persian
    AOR_Ethnic_Roman
    AOR_Ethnic_Eastern
    AOR_Ethnic_Berber
    AOR_Ethnic_German
    AOR_Ethnic_Celtic
    AOR_Ethnic_Arab
    AOR_Ethnic_Steppe

Spreadsheet detailing the AOR information: http://www.mediafire.com/view/6u5l91..._community.xls

There are two general categories of AOR placements in The Last Roman DLC Campaign: http://imgur.com/EFpQfTq

TLR AOR BIG REGIONS:

AOR_BEL_Africa
    AOR_BEL_Dalmatia
    AOR_BEL_Gaul
    AOR_BEL_Hispania
    AOR_BEL_Italia

TLR AOR PROVINCES:

AOR_bel_prov_africa_proconsularis
    AOR_bel_prov_apulia_et_calabria
    AOR_bel_prov_aquitaine
    AOR_bel_prov_austrasia
    AOR_bel_prov_baetica
    AOR_bel_prov_brittany
    AOR_bel_prov_burgundy
    AOR_bel_prov_byzacena
    AOR_bel_prov_campania_et_samnium
    AOR_bel_prov_cantabria
    AOR_bel_prov_carthaginensis
    AOR_bel_prov_celtiberia
    AOR_bel_prov_dalmatia
    AOR_bel_prov_epirus_nova
    AOR_bel_prov_flaminia_et_picenum
    AOR_bel_prov_gallaecia
    AOR_bel_prov_italia
    AOR_bel_prov_liguria
    AOR_bel_prov_lucania_et_brutii
    AOR_bel_prov_lusitania
    AOR_bel_prov_mauretania_caesariensis
    AOR_bel_prov_mauretania_sitifensis
    AOR_bel_prov_mauretania_tingitana
    AOR_bel_prov_neustria
    AOR_bel_prov_novempopulania
    AOR_bel_prov_picenum_suburbicarium
    AOR_bel_prov_praeualitana
    AOR_bel_prov_provence
    AOR_bel_prov_sardinia_et_corsica
    AOR_bel_prov_septimania
    AOR_bel_prov_sicilia
    AOR_bel_prov_tarraconensis
    AOR_bel_prov_tuscia_et_umbria
    AOR_bel_prov_venetia_et_histria
    AOR_bel_prov_zeugitana

FAQ:

"When do changes in the startpos apply in the game?"
    -Changes in the startpos file only apply once in the game if you start a new campaign.

"Does this assign unit resource requirements to vanilla units?"
    -No This is an open source project for modders or fans to utilize as they see fit. If you wish to make a unit require a unit-resource, you will need to open your main_units table and go to the column region_unit_resource_requirement. Add one of the unit resources listed in the spoilered section or listed in the region_unit_resources table included in TWC_AOR_*_STARTPOS_*. Ignore the first 40 Auxilia_ or CIG_ entries, they have not been used and are part of unused vanilla entries.

"How do I go and change unit resource assignments on the campaign map?"
    -Either download the EditESF program or use the PFM. Click on the startpos.esf file. Open the following drop-down menus: CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS > COMPRESSED_DATA > CAMPAIGN_ENV > CAMPAIGN_MODEL > WORLD > REGION_MANAGER > REGION_ARRAY > then open up regions_array - 0 through 185. Click on the REGION drop-down menu within it. Look for the first line beneath a series of 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0. In our pack it will contain AOR_ entries. That is what you edit to add/remove a unit resource. Separating each unit resource with a space.

"Is this compatable with X mod?"
    -If the mod has its own startpos it is not compatable. If it does not use a startpos it should be compatable.

"Why did you assign X unit resource to Y province?"
    -The choice of AORs were largely made with what our respective projects needed as well as by the historical fact. You might disagree with some placements and we welcome and encourage your editing this as you see fit.

"Can I use this in my mod?"
    -Please do! We highly encourage the public's use of this resource. Just credit Swiss Halberdier and Ahiga and you're good to go.

"Does the AOR function work in Expedition/Horde mode?"
    -If the faction is in the "Expedition" mode (Last Roman DLC) or in the "Horde" mode (main campaign), then the AOR doesn't get recognized by the game and all units are recruitable everywhere depending on the "Expedition/Horde" buildings. If the faction goes into "Empire" mode (Last Roman DLC) or settles down (main campaign), then the AOR works. This is a technical restriction by Attila and we can't change this.

Credit:
    -Swiss Halberdier for implementing the unit_resource_values and organizating the system
    -Ahiga for organizing the system and earlier implementation of AOR_ethnic resource values (before the patch overrode it and Swiss took care of re-implementing them for me!)
    -GrudgeNL for discovery of how to have unit-resource-requirements work with the pack file manager.
    Last edited by Ahiga; February 27, 2016 at 03:50 PM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Community Campaign Map with Area of Recruitment/Unit Resources

My thanks to you all for making what will undoubtedly be a stark improvement in both game play and immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    My thanks to you all for making what will undoubtedly be a stark improvement in both game play and immersion.
    Thanks a lot Gaius! It was a long road for us to create this AOR mod, but now it is ready to be shared with the community.

@Ahiga
    Thanks a lot to you for posting our work here that we can share our mod as a base and reference for the community and other modders.
    Huge thanks for our awesome collaboration in this great AOR task. It was a pleasure for me to work with you and talking about all tech stuff and doing tests in the creation process of the AOR possibilities in Attila.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Thanks to your work guys, Swiss knows deeply how much this is important for me (and not only for me..I could speak for Majorien and Ernst von Jacob surely, for example). Thanks to the AOR I found new inspiration feeling more free and definitively finding a sense in all the units I prepared

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Thanks to your work guys, Swiss knows deeply how much this is important for me (and not only for me..I could speak for Majorien and Ernst von Jacob surely, for example). Thanks to the AOR I found new inspiration feeling more free and definitively finding a sense in all the units I prepared
    Drama knows me well (or i just bored him with AOR beyond human limits !!!), i'm more than delighted to see that this mandatory feature is going to be possible, thank you so much guys. I mean, for a game like total war, an AOR should be obvious, i still don't understand why CA ignore it, and as far i understand, it isn't simple at all to add it. it's people like you who makes those games so superior and people like me so gratefull.
    cheers

Thanks a lot DramaBelli and Majorien!

Additional information for modders:

If the faction is in the "Expedition" mode (Last Roman DLC) or in the "Horde" mode (main campaign), then the AOR doesn't get recognized by the game and all units are recruitable everywhere depending on the "Horde" buildings.

If the faction goes into "Own Empire" mode (Last Roman DLC) or settles down (main campaign), then the AOR works again.

Great job, all of you! Can't thank you enough for doing this. I'm sure it'll open up possibilities for many mods.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    Drama knows me well (or i just bored him with AOR beyond human limits !!!), i'm more than delighted to see that this mandatory feature is going to be possible, thank you so much guys. I mean, for a game like total war, an AOR should be obvious, i still don't understand why CA ignore it, and as far i understand, it isn't simple at all to add it. it's people like you who makes those games so superior and people like me so gratefull.

cheers
    CA ignores it due to very poor faction rosters. Which they making even smaller with silly unit replacements by upgrades. Then every faction in vanilla game has basicaly around 10 units. You cant make proper AOR with 10 units. Second issue is AI, AOR is nice feature, but only for player, AI will never use it well. They always wait till Radious and his team comes to produce few more hundrets of epic units!

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    CA ignores it due to very poor faction rosters. Which they making even smaller with silly unit replacements by upgrades. Then every faction in vanilla game has basicaly around 10 units. You cant make proper AOR with 10 units. Second issue is AI, AOR is nice feature, but only for player, AI will never use it well. They always wait till Radious and his team comes to produce few more hundrets of epic units!
    you're totally right Radious, that's why YOU SHOULD PROPOSE AN AOR WITH YOUR TONS OF MARVELLOUS UNITS
    seriously, for a player like me, it will be sad to not enjoy the deep and precise balancing of your mod AND an aor... Make this happen guys !

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

you're totally right Radious, that's why YOU SHOULD PROPOSE AN AOR WITH YOUR TONS OF MARVELLOUS UNITS
    seriously, for a player like me, it will be sad to not enjoy the deep and precise balancing of your mod AND an aor... Make this happen guys !
    Our Roman units might get it soon....cough cough

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Great job, all of you! Can't thank you enough for doing this. I'm sure it'll open up possibilities for many mods.
    Thanks a lot!

Yes Ahiga and I hope that our creation will be a helpful base for lots of modders.

Our Roman units might get it soon....cough cough
    Our Radious AOR mods are finished soon. I will create separate AOR mods for WRE/ERE/TLR-DLC due to the AI faction problems. That the player can choose one of these mods if he plays one of these factions.

I will release a community Startpos for the "The last Roman" DLC. The system will be similar to the already released community Startpos for the main campaign.

Hello to all modders,

I released the community startpos mod for the "The Last Roman" DLC. It features a similar system as Ahiga and I created for the main campaign.

Thanks a lot to Ahiga for testing and our great team-work on this project.

AOR BIG REGIONS TLR DLC - http://imageshack.com/a/img673/3171/vhla8c.jpg

AOR_BEL_Africa
    AOR_BEL_Dalmatia
    AOR_BEL_Gaul
    AOR_BEL_Hispania
    AOR_BEL_Italia

AOR PROVINCES TLR DLC

AOR_bel_prov_africa_proconsularis
    AOR_bel_prov_apulia_et_calabria
    AOR_bel_prov_aquitaine
    AOR_bel_prov_austrasia
    AOR_bel_prov_baetica
    AOR_bel_prov_brittany
    AOR_bel_prov_burgundy
    AOR_bel_prov_byzacena
    AOR_bel_prov_campania_et_samnium
    AOR_bel_prov_cantabria
    AOR_bel_prov_carthaginensis
    AOR_bel_prov_celtiberia
    AOR_bel_prov_dalmatia
    AOR_bel_prov_epirus_nova
    AOR_bel_prov_flaminia_et_picenum
    AOR_bel_prov_gallaecia
    AOR_bel_prov_italia
    AOR_bel_prov_liguria
    AOR_bel_prov_lucania_et_brutii
    AOR_bel_prov_lusitania
    AOR_bel_prov_mauretania_caesariensis
    AOR_bel_prov_mauretania_sitifensis
    AOR_bel_prov_mauretania_tingitana
    AOR_bel_prov_neustria
    AOR_bel_prov_novempopulania
    AOR_bel_prov_picenum_suburbicarium
    AOR_bel_prov_praeualitana
    AOR_bel_prov_provence
    AOR_bel_prov_sardinia_et_corsica
    AOR_bel_prov_septimania
    AOR_bel_prov_sicilia
    AOR_bel_prov_tarraconensis
    AOR_bel_prov_tuscia_et_umbria
    AOR_bel_prov_venetia_et_histria
    AOR_bel_prov_zeugitana

As it is written in the first post you will need an adapted PFM scheme that you can use the new "region_unit_resource_requirement" column in the main_units table:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0x...ter_schema.zip

I updated my AOR template sheet and there you will see all related provinces assignments for both startpos mods (main campaign / TLR DLC).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/6u5l91..._community.xls

Does the AOR function work in Expedition/Horde mode?

If the faction is in the "Expedition" mode (Last Roman DLC) or in the "Horde" mode (main campaign), then the AOR doesn't get recognized by the game and all units are recruitable everywhere depending on the "Expedition/Horde" buildings.

If the faction goes into "Empire" mode (Last Roman DLC) or settles down (main campaign), then the AOR works.

This is a technical restriction by Attila and we can't change this.

Please feel free to use our two community startpos mods for your own work as a base. If you use them, then please give credits to Ahiga and Swiss Halberdier in your threads.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thank you Swiss and Ahiga my mind is already working overdrive, if only I had the skills to match my ambitions, we'd have some fantastic mods by now
    But thank you so much for the opportunity.

PS I owe you a REP Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Antiochus Philopappos View Post
    Thank you Swiss and Ahiga my mind is already working overdrive, if only I had the skills to match my ambitions, we'd have some fantastic mods by now
    But thank you so much for the opportunity.
    PS I owe you a REP Swiss
    Thanks a lot for your nice words Gaius!

Ahiga and I hope that our community mods will be useful for other modders.

I updated both community startpos mods and they are compatible with the latest patch/DLC. I updated also the "Spreadsheet with the detailed AOR information".

_TWC_AOR_Startpos_V2 = main campaign

_TWC_AOR_TLR_DLC_Startpos_V2
    = The last Roman DLC campaign

All download links are on the first post.

Bump for update by Swiss.

Faridus's Avatar Centenarius

Hello,

I was directed to this thread by Augustusng, many thanks for his help.
    I was interested in making some units region/province specific, however, I have not worked on Startpos files since RTW.
    I looked at the _TWC_AOR_Startpos_V2.zip you posted above and was a little overwhelmed.
    I was wondering if you could give me a "quick" lesson on how to use that file. If you could use a simple example such as making Legio recruitable in Italy only!
    I'll probably figure out how to make several other units region or province specific.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks Faridus!

Basically as you see on the first post there are several pre-defined AOR-Region values which Ahiga and I already inserted into the startpos.esf file:

AOR BIG REGIONS / AOR PROVINCES / AOR ETHNIC

- add the startpos.esf from the _TWC_AOR_Startpos_V2.zip to your own mod with the same directory structure
    - add the unit row of your wanted unit in your own my_main_units table
    - add the value AOR_Italia into the column region_unit_resource_requirement

Your unit will now only show up in the regions of Italia. http://imgur.com/dC4Q3jO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast