View Poll Results: Which team do you support?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

10 23.81%
  • Aston Villa

0 0%
  • Bournemouth

0 0%
  • Chelsea

6 14.29%
  • Crystal Palace

2 4.76%
  • Everton

0 0%
  • Leicester

3 7.14%
  • Liverpool

8 19.05%
  • Manchester City

2 4.76%
  • Manchester Utd

5 11.90%
  • Newcastle

3 7.14%
  • Norwich

0 0%
  • Southampton

1 2.38%
  • Stoke

0 0%
  • Sunderland

0 0%
  • Swansea

0 0%
  • Tottenham Hotspurs

1 2.38%
  • Watford

0 0%
  • West Bromwich Albion

0 0%
  • West Ham Utd

1 2.38%
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 English Premier League

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 2015/16 English Premier League

They held up so well in the first half too. And then got carved up.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Knight_Of_Ne's Avatar Miles

That's true, I doubt we'll see any of those kids at all next season though, unfortunately.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I can understand his logic and why UEFA now has to split up the CL fixtures across two weeks, they could easily do 1 week, 4 games per night and playing Sunday/Tuesday not so great - but then Ma City are a big club and surely have more than enough players to put out two strong sides.

You'd think so but it seems that Cities medical staff are doing there best to murder their players. That and the fact that I doubt Pellegrini's heart ain't really in it anymore.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon
    but then Ma City are a big club and surely have more than enough players to put out two strong sides.
    Doesn't seem that way, I don't know how many injuries they have but they seem a bit short of quality. Some of those youngsters looked good but Pellegrini just threw them under a bus. Such a loss won't the squad any favours confidence wise and the fans can't be happy about a 5-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Of_Ne View Post
    That's true, I doubt we'll see any of those kids at all next season though, unfortunately.
    I am pretty confident that Iheanacho will make it in City.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Of_Ne View Post
    That and the fact that I doubt Pellegrini's heart ain't really in it anymore.
    Can you blame him? Whoever thought that telling your manager he'll be fired in the summer regardless of results this season has gone full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Can you blame him? Whoever thought that telling your manager he'll be fired in the summer regardless of results this season has gone full retard.
    No one can, City has screwed him over and in his place I certainly wouldn't be compelled.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

And Leicester manage to play just enough football to fend off fellow relegation strugglers Norwich… wait.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

All I know is that we managed to get two victories in a row for a first time this season.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

A great win against Arsenal considering everything although I don't have a clue what will happen when people start coming back from injuries. Who needs captains and world cup winners if you've got an U-21 side?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Blog Entries

A'yup, we've become stale and predictable, it's actually sad to see such a talented squad being stifled by poor management. Even the return of Sanchez, Walcott, Coq and Welbeck made no change on the way we play. Utd looked like the Utd of old today, we looked like a team without a plan.

It would be insufferable if the Spuds took the title and surely the saddest end to Wenger's reign.

You can still stop the Spuds, don't you have a match to play against them?

Also, these mercenary players of Citeh's will try to get into Europe for next season so that they can play for Guardiola. I don't think Pep would be afraid of benching a few players.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Blog Entries

They're grinding out results while we're playing as well as we can and still losing. I think there will still be twists this season, but it's all looking a bit familiar for us at the moment. A couple of good results can change everything, but do we look like getting those results, at the moment I don't think we do..

Arsenal barely beat Leicester, then lost at home to Barça and now this. A rollercoaster of a ride, eh? Anything can happen with a team like that, but I still think they'll be 2nd-3rd.
    СИНДИКАТ!

spy of the council

We had a lot of possession but rarely threatened, again walking the ball into the net. Walcott was invisible. Disappointing end to the season yet again.

Blog Entries

What makes it worse for me is it's seems to be infectious. Sanchez used to fire in shots anytime he was close to the box, now he tries to beat as many men as possible to get in the box, usually losing it and ending up on the floor. Ramsey had a cracking season scoring plenty from range, even Walcott was shooting on site and Girould would just hit them from wherever he was. Confidence seems very low in a team that isn't playing badly until they get near the area, then composure goes out the window and we're chasing a counter attack. Surely Wenger must see the same thing?

Interesting piece in the Standard yesterday pointing out the £159m sitting in the bank while Leicester are top with barley a pot to piss in. Was it a simple as buying a quality striker in the summer?, or a quality DM. Evidence suggests it was. Hopeful fans will say the law of averages has to break at some point and we'll score a flood, but time is running out.

"Was it a simple as buying a quality striker in the summer?"

What quality striker would that be? The only striker worth mentioning who moved in the summer was Christian Benteke. I do not believe he would help you particularly much...
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

spy of the council

More the DM than the striker I think. Benteke really was a top piece of business! Mind you, look what has happened to Villa without him... oh wait, no, they were crap anyway.

Blog Entries

With £100m + sitting in the bank Wenger could have bullied a number of teams to sell their strikers. Lacazette would have been a decent punt. But yeh, a quality DM would have had more impact.