View Poll Results: Which team do you support?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arsenal

10 23.81%
  • Aston Villa

0 0%
  • Bournemouth

0 0%
  • Chelsea

6 14.29%
  • Crystal Palace

2 4.76%
  • Everton

0 0%
  • Leicester

3 7.14%
  • Liverpool

8 19.05%
  • Manchester City

2 4.76%
  • Manchester Utd

5 11.90%
  • Newcastle

3 7.14%
  • Norwich

0 0%
  • Southampton

1 2.38%
  • Stoke

0 0%
  • Sunderland

0 0%
  • Swansea

0 0%
  • Tottenham Hotspurs

1 2.38%
  • Watford

0 0%
  • West Bromwich Albion

0 0%
  • West Ham Utd

1 2.38%
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 English Premier League

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Re: 2015/16 English Premier League

Excellent, will definitely need to check that out more often.

Here's a fun one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...er-league-life

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Manchester United vs Spurs!!!

EPL IS BACK!

Swansea played decent, Chelsea couldn't handle Montero running at Ivanovic or Shelvey's crosses to Gomis, and Courtouis massively choked. rocky start for Chelsea. on the bright side Oscar looks like he finally had a vacation or something

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm starting to think United would be better off playing without a striker because I don't see anyone coming before Christmas who would help. Rooney doesn't look like the 25-goal-a-season he claims he still is and he should have got on the scoresheet ahead of Walker. On the upside, Darmian and Schneiderlin looked good and if LVG can stop thinking Blind is the solution to any position, we might have a more stable defence this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in net. Also happy for Swansea.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

ummm West Ham lol, what happened to Cech there...

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Well we look to have that unbeaten season nonsense out the way early, onwards and upwards then!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Err.

Neither team played well but the Whammers looked more up for it. Up front we looked poor, no urgency, no movement, too narrow, no change in tactics from start to finish. Cech at fault for both goals, shocking game all round.

We played absolutely bang average, improved a bit when Lallana came off for Can. Draw the fair result, but a moment of Coutinho magic won us the game, and I'll take the 3 points all day long!
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Quote Originally Posted by a tw player View Post
    We played absolutely bang average, improved a bit when Lallana came off for Can. Draw the fair result, but a moment of Coutinho magic won us the game, and I'll take the 3 points all day long!
    I'm sure Chelsea and Arsenal would quite happily take a win, albeit laboured and dull, at the Britannia right now.

The 4-2-3-1 kind of made it a choice between Can and Milner and although I disagree I can maybe see why Milner was picked. Overall the 4-3-3 with Can behind the two looked much better, even though it still took a wonder goal to break the deadlock.

I'd say:

Milner-Can-Hendo
    Firmino-Benteke-Coutinho

is a good option, if a little slow.
    Last edited by Gatsby; August 09, 2015 at 12:22 PM.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

That was great. The substitutions really improved the team. I like to think Firmino's first action in a Liverpool shirt was to trip a Stoke defender.

Benteke's role became more important towards the end, when he held up the ball and people actually ran around him and created options for him. Good .

Wonderful goal from Coutinho. In the end a lucky win, I agree a draw would have been the most fair. Good times!
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

A pleasing result, its never easy when you play a smaller team on the opening day, but I think Le Arse have enough about them to stay up - pleased with the debutants and young Oxford
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Man United - Spurs and Stoke - Liverpool were absolute snooze-fests.

Newcastle - Saints and Leicester - Sunderland the games of the weekend for me. Still tipping the Foxes to go down, maybe (hopefully) Sunderland will join them! Waaay too early to tell.

Quality of the league seems to have increased again. Swansea looked great v Chelski.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

So some pundits compared the pre Season purchase of Petr Cech with the pre Season purchase of Hans Lehmann for the famous Arsenal invincibles team.... and Arsenal go and lose their first game of the Season.

Am I the only one who remembers euro 2012? Where we all saw how much less Cech is worth when he has no Chelsea bus parked in front of him....
    Last edited by Kraut and Tea; August 10, 2015 at 11:57 AM.

Behold the power of bus!

EDIT: When I heard Arsen saying I want to speak with your manager and then Jose appeared I almost felt from my chair
    Last edited by Petrucci; August 10, 2015 at 12:11 PM.

Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

As per usual City seem strong even when most of the hype has been between the two London teams this season, pretty glad I took Kompany in my fantasy team after all.

Albeit as an Arsenal fan I can't help but smile when we slip up, it seems this emotional roller-coaster we experience season after season is part and parcel of being a gunner. I was mega impressed by how good Payet seems to be for the hammers though, he seems to be an excellent player and I have a feeling they might finish higher than most would expect this season.

Blog Entries

Not a big news story but perhaps a foreshadow of Maurine's state of mind this season. With his comments about Chelsea standing still and not being happy with the lack of transfer business.

Chelsea dump first team medic Eva Carneiro following a row with Madge. Apparently he said 'she doesn't understand the game' and called her 'naïve' after she and physio ran onto the pitch to treat Hazard during the Swansea match. Hazard had to leave the pitch which left Chelsea with only 8 on field players outfield players (after Courtois was sent off). Carneiro hasn't been sacked but demoted from first team duties.

not Eva!!! damn it Mourinho!

and the referee had called for them twice, can you imagine a medical staff ignoring a referee's beckon? looks like Mourinho is not quite happy with the team's start.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    not Eva!!! damn it Mourinho!

and the referee had called for them twice, can you imagine a medical staff ignoring a referee's beckon? looks like Mourinho is not quite happy with the team's start.
    You'd think, if a player is injured and the ref is calling the medics the priority is the players wellbeing. Sounds like Eva pointed that out to Maude in no uncertain terms and he's thrown a hissy fit.

Blog Entries

Fri: Yahnited 1 - Villa 0: Utd still unconvincing.

Whammers 1 - Leicester 2 - Adrián (WH goal keeper) sent off (all subs used) Jenks in goal. Normal service returned.

Saints 0 - Everton 3 - Didn't see that coming..

Sunderland 1 - Norwich 3

Watford 0 - West Brom 0

Spuds 2 - Middle Earth 2 - Sounded like the Spuds got away with that one.

Swansea 2 Toon 0

hahaha Middle Earth.