Thread: Install without reinstalling RTW

Default Install without reinstalling RTW

Hi guys! I would really like to try this awesome mod... However, I have couple of mods allready installed and I want to avoid uninstalling RTW, because I had problems with installing it again before...

Is it possible? Perhaps if I copy vanilla files in seperate folder or something...

Thanx

Default Re: Install without reinstalling RTW

I am afraid this is not possible. Roma Surrectum II requires a fresh install. It's not only a mod. It overwrites data.
    However if you have mods installed which do not overwrite data. Copy RTW directory to another medium and remove these mods.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Fichko Augustus View Post
    Hi guys! I would really like to try this awesome mod... However, I have couple of mods allready installed and I want to avoid uninstalling RTW, because I had problems with installing it again before...

Is it possible? Perhaps if I copy vanilla files in seperate folder or something...

Thanx
    If your copy of RTW is unmodded....in other words, the mods you have installed did not change Vanilla...you can copy Vanilla RTW to another folder and install RS2 in that. I have 'at least' 20 different installs of RTW with a mod installed, and they are all different, or test installs of RS2 that I work on. So you can have as many installs of RTW as you wish.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Thank you dvk901 and Quintillius for quick answer! All mods I have are mod-foldered, mods are:Rise of Persia, RTR 7, Hegemonia City States, EB, Alexander Total Overhaul, Bronze age.
    And how to know if they changed Vanilla?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Just copy the main RTW folder (without any of the modfoldered mods in it). I am fairly certain that RS2 will replace everything that any mod changed.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Awesome! I will try it and report what happened

It works!!! Ooo I am so happy! Thank you so much Dvk901...I am your huge fan by the way! I've followed this forum for years, never had time to try RS2...
    Can't wait to try that improved economy
    Cheers!