Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: {DIK} >>> Download - Patch 4.1 <<<

Default Re: {DIK} >>> Download - Patch 4.1 <<<

Mmh, it's still there in front of every description. But after 2 turns I already got used to it, so don't worry
    try removing fvyly with expansion -bin., folder-text ...

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    try removing fvyly with expansion -bin., folder-text ...
    So it is something with the bin file?

Edit: Alright, I just have found the issue, it is the gap after {description} Venetian Navy Archers.
    I'll fix it right away and upload the patch again

Cheers,
    Ned
    Last edited by Aneirin; July 05, 2015 at 03:54 AM.
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Alright lads, I have just uploaded the patch 4.1 with the fixed unit descriptions.
    I am very sorry for the inconvenience!!

Hi Neadal where i find the map.rwm to delete them?When i start a campaign they drop me to menu again and i don't know where is the map.rwm and how to fix this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Costaroustas View Post
    Hi Neadal where i find the map.rwm to delete them?When i start a campaign they drop me to menu again and i don't know where is the map.rwm and how to fix this problem
    You drop back to the main menu because of the map.rwm
    The file is under italian_wars\data\world\maps\base

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    The two units you mentioned have a blank space instead of the symbol in front of their names now. All other units are fine now Thank you again, I owe you 3 rep points now

Something else, the guy in Ancona is simply called ''Cardinal'' when I look at the settlement
    I just saw your post
    Well, you may have noticed that I have updated the patch. It seems that the string files got screwed up in some way..

Haha, no worries, you can pay them back by doing research for me

Hmm.. may you post a screenshot?
    Because when I check the settlement with a spy the character as its full name.

Okay lads, I have updated the patch once more.
    With this update, the "box-problem" should be solved.

Please accept my apologies

Thanx Neadal now it's work

Quote Originally Posted by Costaroustas View Post
    Thanx Neadal now it's work
    Always a pleasure

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Thanks Neadal, I'm fine this way now I did not have a spy, just an army near it. Will play the Papal States to verify it.

I can't properly get a screenshot it seems, but playing as the Papal States he is still called Cardinal, and the guy in Beneventum is simply Julius (that was also the case on 4.0 though). Might be more of an English/German mix-up there... also, Lucrezia Borgia exists twice, not sure if that is intended, but she is both in Rodrigo's and Cesare's retinue
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; July 05, 2015 at 09:57 AM.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Thanks Neadal, I'm fine this way now I did not have a spy, just an army near it. Will play the Papal States to verify it.
    So with the latest update all "boxes" are gone?

Sure
    What about a short campaign report?

See above for the edit... yeah I did not update it again with the lastest fix, because it's simply those two Venetian units with a little blank space before their names which you almost don't see, so everything is fine I am already looking forward to that research... well maybe

As you will know it was incredibly hot this weekend so I did not manage to actually play the game yet, but I will make sure to so later.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Edit: Alright, I just have found the issue, it is the gap after {description} Venetian Navy Archers.
    I'll fix it right away and upload the patch again
    Yes, I myself found the problem .... when engaged in transfer ...Thank you for efficiency!

A little report, as promised:

Crown of Aragon/Kingdom of Spain, 25 turns in

Possible bugs: I still got those square signs, but only in front of the Jewis Quarter building and its description. I suppose the new version you have uploaded would fix that, though. Then I have a printing office and a theatre in the building menu, whose description is ''Not available for this culture, description should not show''. That sounds a bit bad

The campaign so far: I have spent the first 23 turns in bankrupcy and thus couldn't do a whole lot yet. After rejecting an offer by the Bank to lend my 15 000 florins on turn 8 I destroyed a rebel army on Sicily before moving the army under Governor Goncalo into Calabria, where I besieged Reggio di Calabria for 4 turns until they had to sally forth and were defeated by my army, which was strengthened by two units of ribaults from Syracuse. After adopting several characters and spreading them over my little realm I finally made money after turn 23 and built a grain market in Sassari, where I had built the second tier of farms in turn 1 (hoping that it would increase the income).

Other faction's expansion patterns: As expected, Charles' French army took Naples which made me to join the Venetian League. I did nothing against the French and as far as I could see no big battles occured. The Neapolitans have surrounded Naples with four armies, but don't attack it yet (three of the armies only have 1-3 units to be fair). Naples has also just broken its alliance with the Holy Roman Empire to join the Swiss in their historical attempt at independence.
    Naples itself is bankrupt since they lost Napoli and did not do anything. Milan on the other side has been very active, but suffered a series of defeats against rebel garrisons, while they and the French have ignored each other so far despite being at war. Florence has taken Lucca to connect its territories, Hungary has captured Jajce, the Swabian League has conquered München. Venice, like Milan, was unable to defeat any of their rebel neighbours and has lost a lot of units, and the same goes for the Papal States.
    The only faction whith an impressive expansion are the Ottomans, who have subjugated all of the remaining rebel settlements on the Balkans, which must amount to 4-6 cities. In Africa they have been idle and our two fleets came near each other, but they retreated to the coast of their province while I moved my own ships to Northern Sardinia.

Thank's mate

Well, I think your "bug" will be solved with the latest version.

About your bankruptcy, I hope you minded the field costs for your troops?

The Ai needs time to reconquer Naples, but in most of our testing games they made it.. we'll see

Yes, we will see. Indeed, I constantly got -1000, since I have three islands under my rule and have to transport characters around all the time

So is it such a fuss to earn some coins?
    Last edited by Aneirin; July 06, 2015 at 11:52 PM.

Yeah, it's easier with other factions, but it's a real pain for Spain since you always get -1000 for every army on a fleet, and all characters spawned on Sicily. Thus I had to use my fleet to bring some governors to Sardinia to keep up public order and maximise my income. But once I am at turn 50 or so I will report back if it has become easier, or maybe too easy, assuming I will have expanded a bit more by then as well.

yes .... the patch, modification changed! I did Russification ... if it's interesting, i give a link ...

Quote Originally Posted by babay11 View Post
    yes .... the patch, modification changed! I did Russification ... if it's interesting, i give a link ...
    Thank's for translating the mod into Russian

Yeah, it's easier with other factions, but it's a real pain for Spain since you always get -1000 for every army on a fleet, and all characters spawned on Sicily. Thus I had to use my fleet to bring some governors to Sardinia to keep up public order and maximise my income. But once I am at turn 50 or so I will report back if it has become easier, or maybe too easy, assuming I will have expanded a bit more by then as well.
    Do you really have to pay 1000, if a general is at sea?
    Because there is no entry in the script for that scenario..
    But I will add a line, if a character is "AtSea".
    Last edited by Aneirin; July 07, 2015 at 11:39 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast