Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Achilles-91 submod WIP

Default Re: Achilles-91 submod beta/alpha

Animation is definetly good. I tryed changing animation, and then i get bow strings in air, so animation is good right now. But possition of bow looks wrong. and here is animation detail. Units are from Anatolian Principalities, representing dismounted ghulam archer. Btw lifth, all units of submod(which i get permision) u are free to use. I was also thinking of changin point of submod, so taht i start reskining only and changing unitcards. So that u can merge mine work with your. This all is of course only if find my work worthy of implementing in SSHIP. Take a look at screenshoots folder that i uploaded on first post of thread.

1 4 None
    28 MTW2_Fast_Shortbowman_String
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 1
    19 MTW2_Bowman_Primary 2
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

Jurcek, here are files http://speedy.sh/zJFNq/ghuleman-archer.7z

EDIT : 'I will also try to change strat models' , this i definetly wont. I failed again for countless of times, so im giving up of this. i still have great models, for all factions, so if someone want it, i can give it.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In my expert professional opinion, these units are bugged . The same discrepancy also appears in Anatolian Principalities, can't believe the developers missed it. But I think I managed to fix them (thanks to M2TW Modeler's toolbox by Zarathos).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Terrific models btw.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Guys, rep Jurcek, he did great job here!
    Many thanks Jurcek! If you liked that model, check others that i got from many mods(some of them are not shown on twcenter) by downloading screenshoots that i posted!
    Those ghulam archer can fin in 1132 as far as i reserched. They armor is mail+lamelar, and im not sure about they're helmets if they are apropriate for 1132, but i will try to research it more.

I didn't actually have to do much, but thanks anyway. I also posted the corrected .mesh in the AP thread.

Great work compiling all those models, they're terrific.

Yea, i agree with you. But there are 2-3 more units in anatolian principalities that have something wrong with texture/mesh, if u can sometime fix them too, it would be great.

Give me a list. You don't have to upload the files, I have AP on my disk.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Give me a list. You don't have to upload the files, I have AP on my disk.
    Karaman begs- karaman ghulam spearmen (faces, mounth )

Karasi begs- karasi levent spearmen (faces, mounth)

Hamit&teke begs - teke archers (something wrong on top of they helmets, similar to 2 units above mounth, this one however have problems on top of they helmets)

I've looked at the planned units. They are wonderful. I recognize some from the new Broken Crescent. I noticed you have been searching some old posts for links to some models that have apparently been lost to time. It is clear that you have been working very hard on this, and I just want to say that I am sure that everyone who plays SSHIP will very much appreciate all of your hard work and determination. Thanks again, and I am looking forward to seeing these new models in the game.

I am currently trying to upgrade the old models from SS6.4 because I like to play with BGRV. I was replacing the old models one by one when I discovered that I can just paste the SSHIP unit models file into the SS6.4 unit models file and for the models that use the same name it all seems to work perfectly well. I guess the people who made ship were careful about using the same titles as SS6.4 for all of the new meshes, textures, and attachments to the old models they were replacing with newer models. For the new SSHIP units with different names and stats, however, it looks like I will need to go into the export_descr_unit.txt file and replace the original SS6.4 models' names and stats with the new models' names and stats if I want to use the new units from SSHIP.

I am still learning how to do this. I see that you have included an export_descr_buildings.txt and an export_units.txt with your new Moors and Mercenary units. So I will have to study about what else I may have fiddle with in order to implement all of your new units into SS6.4 as well. I wonder, when you replace an existing unit from SSHIP with a new unit, is there a list somewhere where I can find out which old unit is being replaced with the new unit? As I said, I am still trying to figure all of this out. I see some tutorials, and I have been working a lot of it out just logically in my heard, and then testing my ideas through experimentation, and doing pretty well so far, I think.

Anyway, thank you again for all of your wonderful work. It looks like it will be fantastic!
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; February 14, 2016 at 11:39 AM.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Karaman begs- karaman ghulam spearmen (faces, mounth )

Karasi begs- karasi levent spearmen (faces, mounth)

Hamit&teke begs - teke archers (something wrong on top of they helmets, similar to 2 units above mounth, this one however have problems on top of they helmets)
    I'll see what I can do

Sorry, but I couldn't correct those models . The textures look fine and also the model looks as it should in milkshape so I don't know what could be causing their face distortions. But I managed to bypass the problem by giving them face armour.

That is the quick solution, another would be to import faces from another unit. To find out what's causing those distortions, I suggest you write in the mod workshop. Someone is bound to know what's causing them. Or I can send you my files if you like my solution.

Same story with the archers so I just removed those Christmas trees from the top of their helmets.

Last edited by jurcek1987; February 14, 2016 at 01:43 PM.

@Jurcek graet job, indeed! Many thanks from me. You will be mentioned in credits, if you want something more that i can do for you, just say it!
    And btw, is it possible to give ghulam units face mail armor , this in this picture

@Bigdogbluesky I am happy to hear that you love work that i plan to do!
    Yes, i was also editing EDB, that file is for giving unitis availableility on campaing map, so that they can be recruited.
    And EDU, i mainly edited cause of i changing units. For example, i edited tercio pikemento be Hasham(dismounted black guard).
    About current submod almoravid roster, it have some bug, i will cancel it, and move on with different task. Project will be mainly reskining existing units, and unit cards. I cant focus on adding new units, because when SSHIP release patch, i need to do it all over again, so il wait some final version of early era to start completly overdoing with great submod. Also, i will now do Campaing map banners, and faction collors, to put more beautifull and historical ones.

Here is example of Fatimid new banner and collor.

You can give a unit any armour you like. Love the Fatimid colour & banner!

Can you give to some of those men that kind of face armor?

If it is not too much work?

Sure, I can take parts from other units. Just tell which unit has face armour and I'll merge them.

I will search for apropriate face armor. So you can edit it without touching top of helmet ?

Here is face armor
    So can u put only this face armor, while keeping rest of ghulam helmet?

Well that depends if the armour is part of the face or the helmet. Ghilman spearmen had face armour with helmets so I had to remove other helmets. You may have noticed they all have the same helmet. In most mods it is part of the face, which is better if you want to have different helmets. AP units have some really nice helmets it would be a shame not to have them, so I'll probably redo the Ghilman spearmen by importing the armour from a different mod like Broken Crescent.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    Well that depends if the armour is part of the face or the helmet. Ghilman spearmen had face armour with helmets so I had to remove other helmets. You may have noticed they all have the same helmet. In most mods it is part of the face, which is better if you want to have different helmets. AP units have some really nice helmets it would be a shame not to have them, so I'll probably redo the Ghilman spearmen by importing the armour from a different mod like Broken Crescent.
    You are speaking of karaman ghulam spearmen, or of normal ghulam spearmen ?

karaman I think. The ones you told me to fix.

Which unit is that?

It is ansar warrior from broken crescent mod, Oman faction. But nevermind, im giving you too much work. We can forget about edditing ghulam units XD

Ehhh .

In my opinion that kind of protection should be limited to elite troops. But if there aren't to many ghulam units I can change those as well.