Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Achilles-91 submod WIP

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Achilles-91 submod beta/alpha

Please j.a.luna, use "spoiler" around your log . So it takes less space. I'm glad you're not using the command I use for modding overwise 1 of your post would take a complete page
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

I have messed around with edus for a long time but I will need to relearn how to add units to factions. I can't model or skin. In 2011 I started working on some units for the Norman Invasion Rome 1 mod, but I lost the data and gave up. I was skinning at that time. But I don't remember what I did.

achillies91

I downloaded the following free, not trial version, of Frap last week for screenshots. It works great. Just press F10 and the file saves automatically as a .bmp file in your pictures / screenshots folder. You can easily take one screenshot after another without having to exit the game.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Thank you all for trying to help me, i will try it tomorow. I had to reinstall system, so i need to download all again.
    Luna did you installed my submod over untouched sship ?

Anyone else having problems to run it ?

Achilles-91

I really look forward to playing with your mod when it's ready.

You must know a fair amount about importing units. I am currently learning how to import units to SS6.4 so I can have some new eye candy for my BGRV games. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few simple questions.

The modeldb for SSHIP has not been formatted and so is very hard to work with. Do you just work with the raw, unformatted modeldb, or is there a formatted version or a way to make one?

It seems that for the ug1 units that I can use a mesh/textures/attachments set that is entirely different from the not armor upgraded unit mesh/textures/attachments set, and thereby get two quite models for the price of one unit. It seems that at least some of the units that I want to import don't have any difference between the not upgraded armor model and the upgraded armor model anyway. If I use two different mesh/textures/attachments sets, one for the not upgraded model and a different one for the upgraded model, I understand how it will work, I think, in the game. When the unit's armor gets upgraded, the model will change. But I just want to ask, before I spend many, many hours working on this, if you know of any problems or potential problems that I am as of yet unaware of?

Once again, I hope you don't mind my asking. So far, I am very pleased with the progress I have made. I've been thinking about learning how to import unit models for years, and now I am finally doing it. And with all the great new models that I have been looking at that are now available, I don't think I ever want to go back to standard SS6.4. Anyway, I'm tinkering and having fun!

Of course that i dont mind.
    I honestly dont know what mean 'formated' or 'unformated' modeldb. This is how mine looks like :

16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    21 mercenary_crossbowmen
    1 4
    68 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/mercenary_crossbowmen_lod0.mesh 121
    68 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/mercenary_crossbowmen_lod1.mesh 900
    68 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/mercenary_crossbowmen_lod2.mesh 2500
    68 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/mercenary_crossbowmen_lod3.mesh 6400
    4 merc
    77 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_mercs.texture
    78 unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal.texture
    50 unit_sprites/merc_Mercenary_Crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    4 merc
    66 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_merc_diff.texture
    66 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_merc_norm.texture 0 <- ends with double space
    4 None
    18 MTW2_Fast_Crossbow
    20 MTW2_Non_Shield_Fast
    21 MTW2_Crossbow_Primary
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary

Yes, you can actualy make 1 unit to look 4 diferent way. Asuming there there are 3 upgrades after core, ug1, ug2, and ug3.
    But for begging i suggest you only to use core. Then you go in export_descr_unit.txt and make for specific unit that upgrades look same as core.
    Yes, when unit upgrade for example 1 time armor, it model move to ug1.

About problems, dont forget to edit numbers in battle_models , they represent how many letters you use. Do you know about this ?

Btw did u managed to run my submod?

Thanks for your reply. I don't know why my sship modeldb looks funny. But when I copied and pasted it into word, it looks fine. So thanks, I'm okay with that now.

And yes, I know that I have to change the numbers when I change the line length in the modeldb.

I want to try the changes you made to the Moorish faction, but I saw that j.a.luna had a crash, so I thought that I would wait and see if he can figure out why the crash happened before I try it myself. For the time being I want to keep my SSHIP crash free as I am constantly setting up custom battles and taking screenshots in order to see which unit models I want to use. I will give the Moor faction a go as soon as I get word that it is stable.

I think he didnt instaled on vanilla sship, thats why he got crash. to me it works fine

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You probably opened it with regular notepad. Use notepad++.

Can someone tell me what i need to edit to change STRATEGIC MAP MODELS ? I want to edit agents also, where they models are? i searched battle_models, they are not there, but it looks liek there are strategic map generals/camptains, am i right ?

you can find it in desc_model_strat, but also keep in mind desc_character is also important to make sure it work

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    you can find it in desc_model_strat, but also keep in mind desc_character is also important to make sure it work
    i tryed so many times but i keep getting crashes... Lets hope mwy and lifth will implement new strat models from sande and broken crescent upcoming patch.

Duo to help of guys, i finaly can take screenshoots. Units incoming.

Can someoen fix this for me ? no bow, wrong animation, i dont knwo how to fix it. http://postimg.org/image/kdd5savin/

and btw 150 pictures of units i plan to use: here is link : http://speedy.sh/xTc68/planed-units.7z
    I add them also on first post

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    i tryed so many times but i keep getting crashes... Lets hope mwy and lifth will implement new strat models from sande and broken crescent upcoming patch.
    have you copy the correct .cas file to models_strat folder?
    well, .cas file is also important if you put strat map models from other mod

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Can someoen fix this for me ? no bow, wrong animation, i dont knwo how to fix it. http://postimg.org/image/kdd5savin/
    Did you try moving the bow manually in Milkshape?

@Umbracatervae777 I did, and still i got ctd I'l try tomorow again, this time il only try renaming .cas and textures, and copy them over apropriate model. Without touching .txt files.
    @Jurcek Honestly, i dont even know to edit units that way. Is there no way i can fix them by changing animation or something in EDU?

Blog Entries

Can you tell me from which mod these archers are from?
    In their original modeldb file, which animations are mentioned (the last lines under the texture entries)?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Well the animation looks correct just the position of the weapon is wrong. If you can't fix it, upload the mesh file and I'll have a look at it.

Blog Entries

Agree but just want to be 200% sure. Beside the option of wrong bow position, it might also be due (rarer case) to a wrong bone assignement.