Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Achilles-91 submod WIP

Default Achilles-91 submod WIP

Hi all, Im back.

After computer problem, and losing all work I had zero will to come back to modding. However, here I am, again..I guess.. Again it hurts me to watch unlogical rosters, with 'double' units...with same role, at same date available...etc.. I want to fix those things... SSHIP is great mod, thats why i want to futher improve it..

Here is the thing... Lets think of western factions for example at 1300AD...They get dismounted chivalric knights, and dismounted men at arms... Almost same units. Example of making this function better is to make one unit polearm. Here I come with question, which one? I profit from any help.

I think it would be better to give dismounted chivalric knights polearms. Logic?
    they would be able to purchase better armor, so they would trade shield for extra killing power with polearm. Any opinions guys?
    Here is tabel so far, im working on it for all factions.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I plan to do it for all factions, for all eras. And then make submod based on it, if it doesnt get incorporated into main mod.
    As you can see, there is tons of spear units, i think for example spearm militia and spearmen could be merged into one. Tell me your opinions about this also

LOOKING FOR:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1) SOMEONE WHO CAN MERGE PARTS OF DIFFERENT UNITS INTO ONE (FOR EXAMPLE: UNIT 'A' HELMET, AND UNIT 'B' BODY, AND UNIT 'C' SHIELD)

2)SOMEONE WHO CAN DO EDB (I KNOW TO DO THIS, BUT I DONT HAVE TIME TO DO IT ALL)

3)SOMEONE WHO CAN SUGGEST BALANCED ROSTERS, ADDING SOME SPECIFIC UNITS

4) LIST OF LATE GAME UNITS THAT CAN BE DELETED, VERY LATE GAME UNITS, LIKE DEMI LANCERS. ALSO THERE IS POSIBILITY THAT I WILL DELETE UNITS AFTER 1500AD

CREDITS:
    To be done
    Last edited by achilles-91; April 14, 2018 at 11:04 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Plan on new submod

For personal use, you don't need permissions. But for public release, you must have them. That's the rules in TWC

Anyway, good luck with your submod
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 07, 2015 at 02:53 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

is that bulat steel ? i downloaded it once just to jack unit from it but couldnt find anything intresting :O (probably got the wrong version)

achilles you could add your units mod to sship...all could enjoy your submod and you could help me about the new roster faction units , so i can give you information,pictures, images for your units if you want..i hope your units submod
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Thank you for support guys
    Dekhatres, those units are from Bulat steel, but from submods of it I can send you links of that 2 submods if u want to try those units. I can also explain you how to install

I need some help with my submod. If I want to delete some unit, in order to make space for the new one, do I have to delete (for example Peasants) only in export_descr_units that units, or i also need to delete them also in battLe_models?

Blog Entries

Have a look here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...unit-from-game
    That should help you
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

You need to delete them from the edu, battle_models is basically an endless file so the entries can stay there. It's also important to delete those units from the descr_strat file, from the campaign_script file, from the descr_mercenaries file and from the descr_rebel_factions file. That should be it.

Thank you for help guys! I tried it, im doing it 3 hours already...But i am just failing add to completly new untis, game simply cant run. But still, thank you for your help. I guess about my submod, i will just have to 'reskin' existing units, and import new cards. I believe many would like that units, so you can incorporate them later in your main mod. Btw will there be some new units for Moors in next version?Or any Muslim faction? I know you doing already great job, i am just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Thank you for help guys! I tried it, im doing it 3 hours already...But i am just failing add to completly new untis, game simply cant run. But still, thank you for your help. I guess about my submod, i will just have to 'reskin' existing units, and import new cards. I believe many would like that units, so you can incorporate them later in your main mod. Btw will there be some new units for Moors in next version?Or any Muslim faction? I know you doing already great job, i am just asking.
    you dont have to limit yourself just to reskining, by changing stats in EDU you can easily turn any unit into a completley diferent one, then just asign them the models and animation and you'r pretty much done, you dont really need to delete and add again, (unit limit is 500 btw, add 1 more and game will crash)

I know that, but im not that good at changing completly units ( for exampel : halberdiers, to moorish light infantry with axe and shield)
    And i dont know how to change animations, thats main problem

Blog Entries

I think you should keep this page in mind: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rces-amp-Tools
    You will find many useful tutorials, tools and resources for modding.

Regarding your project, have a look on the following pages:
    EDU: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ort_Descr_Unit
    EDB: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt..._Buildings-txt
    ModelDB: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-more-readable

These should help you for a start. Also, don't hesitate to post your issues or questions along the threads in the Workshop. There are always people who will help you

Also, for editing the .txt files, I recommend to use Notepad++ (easy to find with Google)

you can change animation in EDU or in batttle_models, here i use the EDU

type Halberdiers
    dictionary Halberdiers ; Halberdiers, late pro, elite (3.1)
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_infantry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Halberdiers, 60, 0, 1.725
    officer northern_captain
    officer northern_captain_early_flag
    officer northern_captain_early_flag
    mount_effect horse +2, camel +2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, start_phalanxing
    move_speed_mod 0.84
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 5, phalanx, square
    stat_health 1, 1
    stat_pri 9, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, axe, 80, 1
    stat_pri_attr ap, light_spear
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 15, 3, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 5
    stat_ground 0, -2, 1, -1
    stat_mental 13, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 6
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 4, 1595, 840, 100, 840, 840, 4, 300
    armour_ug_levels 22, 25, 26, 27
    armour_ug_models Halberdiers, Halberdiers_ug1, Halberdiers_ug1, Halberdiers_ug1
    ownership aragon, france, denmark, spain, norway, england, hungary, poland, portugal, hre, pisa, venice, sicily, papal_states, teutonic_order, scotland
    era 2 aragon, france, denmark, spain, norway, england, hungary, poland, portugal, hre, pisa, venice, sicily, papal_states, teutonic_order, scotland
    recruit_priority_offset 30
    ;478

"soldier Halberdiers, 60, 0, 1.725"

^this is the animation line, change it to "soldier Dismounted_Feudal_Knights, 60, 0, 1.725" and now halberdiers will use the 1 hand and shield animation, they will be swinging their halberds with 1 hand lol
    Last edited by Dekhatres; July 11, 2015 at 04:53 AM.

Hmm ok, im testing it right now. I will tell you results in next few minutes.
    Here is something of what you going to get in my project
    EDIT: I have changed animation succecefuly simply by EDU! WOHO! Thank you! Now i can change many units, il get some plan later what units to change, they will be primary late era units like : Lancers, halberdiers, aventuriers... and so on. Maybe i should even delete janissaries hm . If u have some plan for units on factions that IS HISTORICAL, just go on guys.. suggest, il do what i can
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bedouin.jpg  
    Last edited by achilles-91; July 11, 2015 at 11:53 AM.

glad to hear that mate, i would be happy just with a reskin honestly imo everything is fine as it is now regarding units, i like janissaries, it's the reason why turks are one of my fav eastern factions, now that i think i am playing only eastern factions lately dunno why

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    glad to hear that mate, i would be happy just with a reskin honestly imo everything is fine as it is now regarding units, i like janissaries, it's the reason why turks are one of my fav eastern factions, now that i think i am playing only eastern factions lately dunno why
    I wont delete janissaries then So far, i am reskinging units. But i cant post anything until i get permsions.
    My first targets are : 1) Moors ( also plan to add few units),2) England ,3) Sicily, (and planing to add 3 units, import norman sergents from england, but they have new skin, like miles pedites just with spears instead of sword ofc. and add complelty new unit called Familia, mounted and dismounted). Then next factions depend on permsions i get

OP UPDATED

i've been looking through the EDU and i think there are too many kinds of siege units, you have NE_Trebuchet, ME_Trebuchet, then bombards and so on, if they could be unified into one unit with crew models that fit all factions it could save quite some space for more units, then units such as monster ribault, carrocio and many other mercenary siege units (merc monster ribault, rocket laucher) could also be replaced with units

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    i've been looking through the EDU and i think there are too many kinds of siege units, you have NE_Trebuchet, ME_Trebuchet, then bombards and so on, if they could be unified into one unit with crew models that fit all factions it could save quite some space for more units, then units such as monster ribault, carrocio and many other mercenary siege units (merc monster ribault, rocket laucher) could also be replaced with units
    Good tips mate! I've almost finished Almohads. For now, i gave them new spear unit + 2 javelin units, and reskined desert spearmen, desert archers and bedouin warriors. Thinking of giving them 2 more units , heavy cavalry and heavy infantry. Then i will think of new faction. If someone of you want, i can post my mod of reworked moors tomorow

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Good tips mate! I've almost finished Almohads. For now, i gave them new spear unit + 2 javelin units, and reskined desert spearmen, desert archers and bedouin warriors. Thinking of giving them 2 more units , heavy cavalry and heavy infantry. Then i will think of new faction. If someone of you want, i can post my mod of reworked moors tomorow
    ok achilles!!! it sound wonderful!! Althought i think that your submod could add for the sship,for all players of this submod, it would be great
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast