Thread: Historical maps?

Default Historical maps?

Will this mod be able to have historically accurate battle maps? I saw a Shogun 2 mod that added historical Japanese castles and it looked awesome. I'm wondering if the same can be done here for historically accurate cities, sieges, battlefields, etc.

Default Re: Historical maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Riekopo View Post
    Will this mod be able to have historically accurate battle maps? I saw a Shogun 2 mod that added historical Japanese castles and it looked awesome. I'm wondering if the same can be done here for historically accurate cities, sieges, battlefields, etc.
    Plenty of ACW maps on the workshop. Just search for "american civil war"

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I think he means "historic maps on the campaign map".

Personally I don't think so, some people already tried to get more maps (like the castle maps) on the map, but failed. Atm I don't think I will find another way, but we will see.

What I mean is like this mod. He changed some of the castles to be historically accurate. There's two submods.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=448048798

Perhaps city maps are linked to the fortification model/level? When you play on a city with the lowest level fortress, the map is different from a higher-level fortress. Have there been experiments with that?

Lol it's me XD. Well it's simple, you have 7 varieties with 6 levels each (1 2 3 4 5 6) + 2 independent Kyoto (lvl 5 and 6, but not linked). In Fots castle and slots are not realted luckily wich makes things wide easier, though lvl 0 for the campaign building is lvl 2 for the castle model (Then i'm not sure if it can be lvl -1 without problem, you just need to do some test). So lets say you use lvls 2 3 4 5 for castles, then you will have the lvl 6 free for unic castles (you have 7 lvl 6 + 2 Kyotos, more than enough). What is important is to asign the castles type in the map (otherwise will be plain castle by default). To do that get the coordinates from 3dmax and relate them in campaign_maps/sho_japan/template_map. For more info mp me