Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Graphics Workshop Competition Comments and Discussion

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: The Graphics Workshop Competition Comments and Discussion

Oh my god oh my god oh my god abbs is back! Hype! The old GW will rise again!

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's all I wish
    We had Joar winning the last GW competition and have a look at who has posted submission for the current one
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    Hello
    What a delightful surprise!

One way of attracting more attention to the GW could simply be to focus more on Total War-related themes. Also, although restarting the Illustrator might prove a thankless and ultimately wasteful endeavour (keeping it running was an energy-draining sinkhole sadly, given the lack of resources to regularly create content), you might want to have some project going that has a place on the frontpage at regular intervals.

I think there is definitely a lot of talent on this site, graphically speaking. There are modellers and texture makers for mods, on top of the signature/editing folk. If we could get more people to show their work here, then that would translate to more views, and so forth. However, do keep in mind that on many other game forums the fan art usually goes into an all inclusive subforum with both videos, screenshots, and 2D original art.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Blog Entries

Thanks for your input Aanker. I really appreciate.

Regarding the futur themes, some of them will be in relation with some TW games or mods, like Medieval Japan (relating to TW Shogun series) or Charlemagne (relating to Radious unit pack released not far long ago). We're open to any suggestion. So, if you have any idea in mind, feel free to post them.

Regarding the Illustrator, I know how time and energy consumming it can be. It won't be published on regular basis at the start (or not on short basis anyway): may be 1 every 3 months. That would give us time to work on it without too much pressure hopefully. About its possible content, I haven't made my mind yet but it would probably be slightly different to what it was originally (for the tutorial and free resource parts at least). Also, we might publish it here, in the GW, in order to attract more people.

Good point about modellers, texturers and movie makers. I agree that it's something to consider too. About movie makers, I'm quite surprised actually to not have seen any around in this forum but I might have missed him.

Also m_1512 suggested recently to get more involved with other Content Staffs in some common projects like f.e. illustrating AAR's or TotW, or promotional graphic work for mods. That's also something to look into.

I just want to go step by step to not get scattered and so, to not be able to give a good service (if you see my meaning).
    I'd say I'm prospecting ideas now but hope to deliver something into concrete soon.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 11, 2016 at 02:33 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I also had an idea for a collaboration of sorts with the writers' forum, which is a little bit more active to my knowledge. Basically, you would have the GW produce a piece of graphic, which the writing forum would then have to narrate through a story, and then they would answer in turn by sending us a story which we would illustrate. And you could toss stuff back and forth like that. I think greater interconnectivity between the various artistic forums might create a more active community that peeks into all aspects of TWC creativity.

Blog Entries

I think that's actually a great idea
    I have forwarded it to the appropriate forum (crediting you of course). Let's see what's coming back

Blog Entries

The GW Monthly Competition #223 is now closed for submissions. The Poll is up.

...Here

Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 13, 2016 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Fighting with link

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

The Illustrator was a massive time sink, forcing us to create content instead of featuring it.
    Aanker has good ideas, there's all kinds of talent on this site and if the GW could go out further and include not only "graphics", that would be great.

As for the medal, I was merely joking. When I get time to enter, after this exam period, should I win, there will be no new medal to conquer!

Blog Entries

I have submitted Aanker's idea in the Senior Content Staff forum and have received a positive feedback from Hitai de Bodemloze and Alwyn.
    I have now to set things up with Hitai in order to get a place where we can work on that topic . I'll post the link here, in the GW. When done, anyone willing to help/participate in its organization, will be welcome

Regarding the GW comp, you can join in when ever you want. Despite your reputation and your past work (which are excellent btw), I'm not afraid to compete with you and the medal won't be an easy trophy to win
    More seriously, I'm really glad to see some "old" members coming back to this place. If we can also get new people, that will be great.

About the Illlustrator, I'm aware of that and that's why I really take my time about it.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    The Illustrator was a massive time sink, forcing us to create content instead of featuring it.
    True. I suggested using the Blog feature now available to accomplish what the Illustrator was originally intended to do. I know Lift has been posting a blog concerning the GW Comp results and announcements. Maybe another member of the art staff could develop the "Illustrator" blog? I thought at one time I had someone working on that? Maybe we should also consider posting announcements in this forum when new blogs are released once it is up and going of course. I've been out of touch for a while so I guess that plan changed. I really need to read up on the threads in the Art Staff forum sorry I will shut up now and go back to my corner. lol

EDIT: Or maybe that was my plan and I didn't fully voice it. lol sorry again. I really intend to shutup now.
    Last edited by y2day; March 14, 2016 at 08:39 PM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Indefinitely Banned

Let me know when the next contest is up so I can join and get slaughtered.

Blog Entries

Ok, here it is

Gentlemen, I'm glad to inform you the the GW Monthly competition #224 is now open for submissions.

Theme: The Feudal Japan. (if you haven't noticed it )

PS: I'll make the blog tomorrow
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 15, 2016 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Update

Indefinitely Banned

Now that is a beautiful looking samurai. Scary too.

Blog Entries

I leave the submission thread for the GW competition still open for a few more hours to be fair with the US (time difference). So basically, if you guys, want to post or to modify your submissions, you still have about 6-7 hours to do so

Blog Entries

The GW Monthly Competition #224 is now closed for submissions. The Poll is up.

...Here

Indefinitely Banned

Make sure to get your votes in everybody.
    Last edited by Blastoise Groudon; April 06, 2016 at 04:22 PM.

I can't access what I think is the submission page of the new monthly GC thread because I don't have enough permissions?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I can't access what I think is the submission page of the new monthly GC thread because I don't have enough permissions?
    You can access the voting page in case you want to vote.
    You can't access the submissions page because once the voting starts no more submission are accepted.
    (Would be my best guess)

Blog Entries

That's correct. As soon as the submission period ends, the thread is closed and moved in our archives and the poll is set up. Only the art staff has access to the archives