Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technical Help

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Technical Help

Uninstall the mod, verify the game using Steam, PLAY IT TO CHECK IT WORKS and then reinstall the mod. Make sure that you run the launcher with full admin priveliges.

Now what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    Uninstall the mod, verify the game using Steam, PLAY IT TO CHECK IT WORKS and then reinstall the mod. Make sure that you run the launcher with full admin priveliges.

Now what happens?
    It has full admin privileges and the game is a legal copy and I can start and play without the mod.

However I just realized I have Darthmod installed and that is probably why it does not work right? Perhaps I was suppose to know that...(If that is not the case I will re install it a third time as you said)

Thats almost certainly why it doesn't work. You can't have more than one major mod installed at any one time. On previous versions of DM there was a launcher option that would deactivate the mod (as VTW has now) by moving everything to a backup folder. Theoretically deactivating DM and then installing VTW should do the trick, though in the last version of DM I was part of it had a habit of leaving some files behind.

If there is a deactivation option in DM, use that, and then make a list of all the files remaining in the date folder and copy it here so I can have a look. If they're all vanilla then installing VTW should work.

I recently downloaded the mod and upon activating it and hitting "Launch Game" the little Steam square pops up saying "Launching Empire: Total War" then disappears for nothing to happen. It crashes before doing anything. I've uninstalled all previous mods and then even redownloaded the vanilla version of the game. I'm very frustrated so can anyone help me (and please tell me it's something elaborate so I don't feel as stupid ) ?

Did you verify the ETW game cache via steam?

Laetus

I have downloaded the mod, all of the four files, launched the VTW installer. Now there is a folder in the data folder named VTW. HOWEVER, the launcher has not popped up in the desktop. Can you please tell me where it is. Thank you very much.

The .exe file should be in the main ETW folder (name is 'VTW.exe'). Is that present?

Laetus

Yes, it is present

Laetus

Thank you

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I've never modded Empire so I doubt I can help, but what's the issue with quotes and them not working?
    Dunno whether it'll be applicable, but here's the tutorial I made for Attila. Attila and Empire are the same engine so eh worth a try. Since Empire doesn't have an Assembly Kit, you'd have to do it all with PFM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZI-CvfSaNg
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; March 13, 2018 at 06:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12