Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technical Help

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default Technical Help

Put your issue up here and we will help you get through it.

This thread is for things going wrong and the game crashing, not comments about gameplay/models etc. Use the Feedback Thread for those.

How to Spot a Corrupted Download:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You can see whether the download was corrupted by doing a Checksum Check. (This tutorial has been unashamedly stolen from the Mod Vault-all credit to Aikanar)

Download this MD5 Checksum Tool and install it.

Open the Tool and load the file you want to upload:
    Make sure the MD5 algorithm is selected. The program will then give you the checksum (see below).

Compare the Checksum you ended up with with the one for that file from this list. If it is different, you need to redownload that file for the mod to install properly.

VTW 0.2 Beta Installer.D01
    d6a2715829dcadd9568a5d69f0e44c01

VTW 0.2 Beta Installer.D02
    e07d33d6259d55906007c18898cb9b3c

VTW 0.2 Beta Installer.D03
    f47e2b1741ae33cbe0732d4a712cfb7f

VTW 0.2 Beta Installer (this is the .exe file with the VTW icon)
    6dd6086886bcf4b3732435969c0bec81

Last edited by Tango12345; June 28, 2015 at 02:20 PM.

Default Re: Feedback and Suggestions

I think the download is broken for the beta, when I try to install from the installer in stops at music and says its corrupt, i've downloaded the installer twice now, should I redownload everything?

@emir_49
    I'll pass on your good wishes, I can't take anything like all the credit for myself!

@snipez259
    Did you download all 4 installation files and then run the executable? I downloaded and checked their checksum values myself and all was ok . I will put up a checksum tutorial in the technical help thread.

If anyone else gets the same issue as snipez259, can you please give me as many details as you can?

EDIT-Instructions on how to spot a corrupted download are now in the OP of this thread.

EDIT 2-Posts moved to proper thread to keep the place tidy.
    Last edited by Tango12345; June 29, 2015 at 03:28 PM.

Laetus

Default Re: Technical Help

This mod sounds very nice ! Unfortunately, I have the same problem. When I try to install from the installer in stops at music and says its corrupt.
    I play on a Mac but I can use others mods...
    I just need .pack to play this mod, so can you give a link to download this files ?

Check for file corruption as indicated in the OP.

I'm afraid that, for now at least, the only download will be the installer executable. I do not want to publish individual files because then I would lose track. I would also say that, as none of the mod team have macs, we can't really support things unless they're being run on windows. Certainly, I don't think the mod launcher will work on any other OS.

Maybe in the future we might try to publish a manual version for use with Macs, however since the mod relies on the launcher for a number of things then it would be much more limited.

Well...the load screens are nice and the advisor is changed BUT...I cannot recruit anywhere, no units are given as options, and ALL the units are the old units. Nothing has changed except the music and the load screen. Afraid I cannot find on here what I am doing wrong. It installed successfully, and all parts are in the same folder. I ran the Victoria installer .exe file to load it. The Installer appears to work but again it doesn't change anything on the campaign and in custom battles no units at all are changed. I checked Britain and German. Nice flags etc...but would love to give it a try. Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewaterloo View Post
    Well...the load screens are nice and the advisor is changed BUT...I cannot recruit anywhere, no units are given as options, and ALL the units are the old units. Nothing has changed except the music and the load screen. Afraid I cannot find on here what I am doing wrong. It installed successfully, and all parts are in the same folder. I ran the Victoria installer .exe file to load it. The Installer appears to work but again it doesn't change anything on the campaign and in custom battles no units at all are changed. I checked Britain and German. Nice flags etc...but would love to give it a try. Any help is appreciated.
    That's cus there is no campaign !.. yet. For now only custom battles, and not all the units are complete. Generally there units with the unit icons with (I, II) are complete. There are some other units already imported but have old icons/names. One example of this is the russian guards, marines, and dragoons. It requires some trial and error to find all the mod units.

For now the mod developers will focus on custom battles before making a campaign. The reason is mainly that the team is fairly small, and there is a lot of work to do, and the main guy doesn't like startpos modding.

Its more a case that I'm not very good at startpos modding.

I'm currently in the process of putting together more unit cards-the idea is for all units with custom models to get them. Some factions have far more custom units than others.

Hey guys.Congrats for this release.I just love this ERA and stuff..But the thing is that i can't download the 4 mod files.I use the link https://www.mediafire.com/folder/yts...oria_Total_War but it don't show anywhere the 4 files and stuff..Like ghosts or something.!So can u post a new link or fix this one or something.???Thanks in advance guys.????

Sometimes that page takes a while to load. Be patient, the files are there.

I dont' know pal it starts loading the download page and when it stops no files are showing..!Can u post a new download link of an another site or something.!?I waited but no cigar fella.!???

I checked earlier, it works. Honestly, I don't know what else I can do.

For some reason, custom models aren't showing up for several nations: England, Germany, Spain, Sweden, and the US. What's going on? Is this a bad download?

Its not a bad download, not all units have custom models. Spain, and Sweden for example don't have any yet.

Any progress of any kind ? campaing?
    battle units?

hey tango can u friend me on steam at isa567 i need help installing this pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    @emir_49
    I'll pass on your good wishes, I can't take anything like all the credit for myself!

@snipez259
    Did you download all 4 installation files and then run the executable? I downloaded and checked their checksum values myself and all was ok . I will put up a checksum tutorial in the technical help thread.

If anyone else gets the same issue as snipez259, can you please give me as many details as you can?

EDIT-Instructions on how to spot a corrupted download are now in the OP of this thread.

EDIT 2-Posts moved to proper thread to keep the place tidy.

Quick answer. Yes, all 4. There is no free-standing music file except in beta. If you have a gamefront link for that for whatever reason then ignore it (gamefront is gone anyway).

No, I will not friend you on steam.

EDIT-if you are using a 32-bit system then follow the instructions in the installer and browse to the target location manually. It should be pretty easy if its in the default location (ie in program files). As to whether it works on a 32 bit system I have no idea as I don't have one myself. Chances are though if vanilla ETW works then this will.
    Last edited by Tango12345; May 24, 2016 at 03:05 PM.

Hi! I have installed the mod. As I understand it there is still no campaign because i cannot choose campaign as an option in the mod launcher. Anyways, when i try to play a battle it starts my game but then my game crashes qafter a few secounds with the all to famous "Enpire Total War has stopped working". Can anyone help me solve this?

Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

Hi Tango and thanks for responding. Yes I have tried reinstalling it and unfortunately it did not work. I really have no clue of what could be causing this. Do you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast