Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - update (26/03/2018)

Default Re: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - Beta release v2.0 and patch (30/06/2015)

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    Excellent.Is it avaible for all factions ?
    Yes.

Edit: Quintus answered your question.
    Last edited by Dom Pedro II; July 07, 2015 at 01:20 PM.

Default Re: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - Beta release v2.0 and patch (30/06/2015)

Oh,the new update will release in this weekend?

Great work! It looks amazing and it's a interesting period

About the naval changes for next releases. A modification of the accuracy values has made the battles improve very much.

The naval roster is divided in two parts. The galleon type part and the later ships part. So the idea is that the factions start with only galleon type recruitment possibility. The starting fleets are made of galleon type ships. So as the game evolves you are able to recruit more modern ships. The most powerful of these last ones have recruitment number limitations.

Some of the galleon type ships are war galleon, médium war galleon, built race galleon, each of them with a corsair versión (very limited number, very cheap to recruit, quicker in battle but less guns), also a merchant version of each of them. The galleon ships have mod textures, more decorated than vanilla, the decoration is integrated with the faction colour, and gunports textures ( no models of them)

Later ships will go up to vanilla second rate, but this being a very rare ship. Also third rates will be limited. The rated ships will have their own texture different from the galleons, but still with a baroque style.

Also, ships damage texture effect has been modded.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; July 07, 2015 at 06:36 PM.

Will the sailor models be updated too? I know Geronimo had them in his colmod.pack that was given to me a while ago (but was glitchy and prone to crashing)

As for the update, I'm not asking for a specific release date or anything, but are we going to have to wait a couple of days/weeks or months, as it was with previous updates?

I'd like to wait for this before indulging in the campaign if it's not too far away.

Thanks in advance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by YourStepDad View Post
    Will the sailor models be updated too? I know Geronimo had them in his colmod.pack that was given to me a while ago (but was glitchy and prone to crashing)

As for the update, I'm not asking for a specific release date or anything, but are we going to have to wait a couple of days/weeks or months, as it was with previous updates?

I'd like to wait for this before indulging in the campaign if it's not too far away.

Thanks in advance guys.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    About the naval changes for next releases. A modification of the accuracy values has made the battles improve very much.

The naval roster is divided in two parts. The galleon type part and the later ships part. So the idea is that the factions start with only galleon type recruitment possibility. The starting fleets are made of galleon type ships. So as the game evolves you are able to recruit more modern ships. The most powerful of these last ones have recruitment number limitations.

Some of the galleon type ships are war galleon, médium war galleon, built race galleon, each of them with a corsair versión (very limited number, very cheap to recruit, quicker in battle but less guns), also a merchant version of each of them. The galleon ships have mod textures, more decorated than vanilla, the decoration is integrated with the faction colour, and gunports textures ( no models of them)

Later ships will go up to vanilla second rate, but this being a very rare ship. Also third rates will be limited. The rated ships will have their own texture different from the galleons, but still with a baroque style.

Also, ships damage texture effect has been modded.

Excellent to hear, i forgot to mention the accuracy....90% of all shot hits the water!! half the problem, and certainly not accurate if you recount the English perfromance in the Spanish Amarda (who invented the stand off and shoot warfare)....this should be greatly incresed, we might actually get some damage done then.

A couple of issues with this excellent mod. Firstly the startpos.esf t doesn't work for me, so the game starts at 1700 which I think takes away from it a little. Secondly when I try to assault a town or fort rather than besiege it, the game crashes. I know the startpos thing is ongoing, but is anyone having difficulties with the assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Robleau2 View Post
    A couple of issues with this excellent mod. Firstly the startpos.esf t doesn't work for me, so the game starts at 1700 which I think takes away from it a little. Secondly when I try to assault a town or fort rather than besiege it, the game crashes. I know the startpos thing is ongoing, but is anyone having difficulties with the assault.
    Sorry,mine works fine.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

One warning about using other mods alongside this. If their factions_tables conflicts with ours, it may stop the campaign map models being faction-specific.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    One warning about using other mods alongside this. If their factions_tables conflicts with ours, it may stop the campaign map models being faction-specific.
    I think your mod is stability.And wait your important update to begin a new campaign.

Geronimoyou have an ideahow to jointhe Musketeersand pikemenin one unit .I mean thatthere is inthe squadmusketeerand drummerand standard bearerandofficer,sohow canweaddandpikemen.

наверно надо было по русски писать google перевод кошмар

Kyn its not possible to have units that consist of two different types of combattant.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

sorrywould have beentruethirty years ' war

Thanks for the nice mode! It would be something to do with music in the background? More could use some Renaissance music than the Indian ditty ..

Quote Originally Posted by tombergr View Post
    Thanks for the nice mode! It would be something to do with music in the background? More could use some Renaissance music than the Indian ditty ..
    The new update will change the Inidan music.

Could you please shed some light regarding the next patch? I'm not asking for release dates, but merely whether it's planned in the proximate future as a hotfix or so or whether we are going to have to wait a while (as it has been months/years between patches so far).

I'm asking because I want to know whether to start playing right now or wait.

Why do I want to wait you're asking? Or you're not, but I'm going to tell you anyway. Because I can't stand the damned eyesore that are the backpacks, which should have been removed on release, and were promised to be removed many times, but in particular in this patch, but are present still.

(It adds insult to injury that they were all neatly taken care of in your in-development colmod.pack that you've given me to test a long time ago, that was discarded and restarted when the virus made you postpone the release in 2014. I still have that colmod.pack if you think you can salvage anything from it that was lost.)

Speaking of things that weren't present in release or after - 17th century sailor models. They were in the aforementioned incomplete colmod.pack. Will they be making a comeback in the next patch with the ship textures or ever for that matter?)

Please don't ignore this message and give us some sauce as fans. Thank you.
    Last edited by YourStepDad; July 14, 2015 at 08:40 AM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

damn i can't stop playing and hearing this song now...
    Last edited by tryadelion; July 14, 2015 at 09:11 AM.

YSD in the next release the backpacks will be removed from Euro faction infantry and I am trying to do so for cavalry. The marines will have a more 17th century look too.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog