Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - update (26/03/2018)

Default Re: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - Beta release v2.0 and patch (30/06/2015)

Ok Geronimo some feedback for you. I've played a fair while as Russia and i use 2x unit sizes and 30 unit army's. (despite the 2x unit size {240 infantry / 600 Pike) it will be relevant to your original sizes).

1. Puckle guns are great..Lol. I had never got as far as using one in vanilla ETW, they are just like light artillery rather than what i thought..machine guns, thus please do leave them in.

2. Campaign AI is absolutely excellent!! not sure if its fluke or you have delt with it, but im getting a very hard time from Sweden / Poland. settings H/H as always.

3. I was a bit shocked by the numbers you choose for units (120 infantry / 300 pike), why so little infantry? and why so many pike?. I delt with the infantry side by 2x unit sizing...I now have 240 infantry / 600 pike. I also dont understand why the Milita is only 150men or 75 in the original....?? typically the Milita was poor quality but numerous.!

4. The naval battles are the worst part of the Mod. They go on and on and on...and..on. Seriously, a battle between 3x brig v 3x brig, should be a rather flighty affair, but here its a 1 hour long slog until all but one ship is sunk!, no ships every loose guns, all ships have to sawn in half before either routing or sinking...im all up for a good battle, buts its just to much at the moment.

5. Battle AI is excellent, im actually really surprised, the enemy seems very cunning at times, except does have the tendency to charge to much..

6. The Musket / Pike balance is way off. The actual ability of the pikes to fight is fine, but due to overwhelming numbers, the fact they RUN everywhere and every time, the fact the AI spams all Pike army's and the fact the AI charges with its pikes from the OFF means that muskets get about 2 shots off killing approx 26 men, before being over whelmed by the pikes, mean pike v pike battles...playing as Russia i have no pikes, and despite Russia having large population it had no large units, thus i have nothing to counter the pike with. I would suggest removing the ability of Pikes to RUN at all. Increasing the Musket unit size, or reducing Pike size. And increasing the effect of Muskets to at least pose a threat.

So a mix of good and bad, but generally very good....and did i mention the models...there really are impressive!!

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Re: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - Beta release v2.0 and patch (30/06/2015)

The battle mechanics were dealt with by Wolves in the Throne Room and he put in the puckle gun entries. There was no puckle gun at this time but he may have found the model useful to portray light artillery pieces used by Sweden. I will look into it.

He made pike sizes high. But the CA etw sizes were too low for a 17th century game. In countries that didn't use the bayonet the pike was important to stop cavalry charges. France kept the pike alongside the bayonet in 1703 though it began being slowly phased out In 1692 after the King heard a story about pikemen throwing their pikes down in a battle and picking up their dead comrades muskets instead they slowly began to be reduced, with the regiment du Roy being the first to drop them in that year. By 1703 only Swiss regiments still used them. Some English regiments started the WSS with 2-1 musket-pike ratios and some Dutch regiments had them too. In the battle of Neerwinden in 1693 one third of Hanoverian infantry had the pike and it was abolished afterwards along with cuirassier and matchlock.

To reflect this I will keep large pike unit sizes until late pike units which will be smaller.

On the naval battles: Bethencourt is working on them as we speak. There will also be custom ship models and textures next time.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 04, 2015 at 03:52 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Making the pikemen unable to run should be an imperative.

Geronimo, can we expect the naval textures/backpack patch to arrive soon? Also, will the sailors look period appropriate?

I would really appreciate it if you could release periodical patches as well as changelogs from now on, it does not affect your development and it helps everybody.
    Last edited by YourStepDad; July 05, 2015 at 04:47 AM.

Poacher the Russians can recruit heavy lineman after researching military syllabus. This was to reflect the greater importance of pikemen innthevRussuan army after the 1630 reforms compared to marginal importance beforehand.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Poacher the Russians can recruit heavy lineman after researching military syllabus. This was to reflect the greater importance of pikemen innthevRussuan army after the 1630 reforms compared to marginal importance beforehand.
    What of the backpack removal though? You said it would be included in this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by YourStepDad View Post
    What of the backpack removal though? You said it would be included in this patch.
    Next patch will include.Exciting!

I have been trying several times to download this mod but i cannot after some minutes ,where the bar doesnt fill, it stops downloading. Help ?
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Also i would like to leave again a critic to a choice to Geronimo.
    It is known that you want to create a work very realistic, you got all my suport.
    You do not wish to make Reino de Portugal playable, because Portugal was under the leadership of the Filipe dinasty. You do not wish to know that , the only obligation for the portuguese was to participate on the wars of Espanha.
    Everything rest was just like it was before the Filipe took the portuguese crown. No Spanish was part of the portuguese Corte,no Spanish was commanding the Portuguese Royal Army,Armada,city,castle,laws,taxs or what so ever.
    But still you decided ,with respect,in my opinion in a mean way , to not allow the player to play with Reino de Portugal playable because you said that was under a Spanish King that did not do nothing or decided nothing.
    Ok.

So why , did you make Scotland playable ?
    This shows that your decision of leaving Portugal off , was just you have something personal against this country . There is no other justification, specially a historical one .Since Scotland ,on the contrary of Portugal,did not had any control over their laws,language,armies,goverment etc .
    You did not responded to my question in the past and im sure you will not do it now,but, i leave my words suported by historical facts against your choice that do not have any historical or gameplay suport.
    Considering the rest of this mod, keep it up , your on the correct path.
    Last edited by foot soldier; July 06, 2015 at 09:10 AM.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    Also i would like to leave again a critic to a choice to Geronimo.
    It is known that you want to create a work very realistic, you got all my suport.
    You do not wish to make Reino de Portugal playable, because Portugal was under the leadership of the Filipe dinasty. You do not wish to know that , the only obligation for the portuguese was to participate on the wars of Espanha.
    Everything rest was just like it was before the Filipe took the portuguese crown. No Spanish was part of the portuguese Corte,no Spanish was commanding the Portuguese Royal Army,Armada,city,castle,laws,taxs or what so ever.
    But still you decided ,with respect,in my opinion in a mean way , to not allow the player to play with Reino de Portugal playable because you said that was under a Spanish King that did not do nothing or decided nothing.
    Ok.

So why , did you make Scotland playable ?
    This shows that your decision of leaving Portugal off , was just you have something personal against this country . There is no other justification, specially a historical one .Since Scotland ,on the contrary of Portugal,did not had any control over their laws,language,armies,goverment etc .
    You did not responded to my question in the past and im sure you will not do it now,but, i leave my words suported by historical facts against your choice that do not have any historical or gameplay suport.
    Considering the rest of this mod, keep it up , your on the correct path.
    I may make a submod allowing you to play as Portugal. Regarding Scotland there is an important difference. In 1603 the Scottish king became king of England legally without force. In contrast, in 1580 the Spanish king became king of Portugal by conquest.

The idea that its out of some animus towards Portugal on my part is utterly ridiculous!

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I may make a submod allowing you to play as Portugal. Regarding Scotland there is an important difference. In 1603 the Scottish king became king of England legally without force. In contrast, in 1580 the Spanish king became king of Portugal by conquest.

The idea that its out of some animus towards Portugal on my part is utterly ridiculous!
    I do not want you to create nothing for my person.You do whatever you wish ,its your mod, you can even create the Kingdom of Butterflyes in France .
    I just gave you my opinion based in real facts ,that ,for me , are unconditionally the true.Just the fact that is written in any valid book its enough.

He took the Crown by force,even if he had the suport of almost the portuguese nobles ,because he had oposition in Portugal ,the people suporters of D. António Prior de Crato.But he or Spain did not rule Portugal.It was stablished the pact on the Cortes of Tomar 1581.You cannot use historical criteria on this matter in my opinion.
    Kingdom of Portugal was a independend nation.
    About Scotland,they were never a independent Kingdom.
    How can you say that if Scotland and England having 1 King,separated aspects on the goverment both can be playable and with Spain and Portugal the situation is diferent ?
    There is no comparation of this factions ,specially historically.

So there is not 1 single aspect that could give you a tiny chance to give you a valid reason for you to do what you did . But again, you do as you wish i am not here to force you or teach you nothing.
    Keep the hard work.
    Last edited by foot soldier; July 06, 2015 at 11:16 AM.
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

I do not want you to create nothing for my person.You do whatever you wish ,its your mod, you can even create the Kingdom of Butterflyes in France .
    I just gave you my opinion based in real facts ,that ,for me , are unconditionally the true.Just the fact that is written in any valid book its enough.

He took the Crown by force,even if he had the suport of almost the portuguese nobles ,because he had oposition in Portugal ,the people suporters of D. António Prior de Crato.But he or Spain did not rule Portugal.It was stablished the pact on the Cortes of Tomar 1581.You cannot use historical criteria on this matter in my opinion.
    How can you say that if Scotland and England having 1 King,separated aspects on the goverment both can be playable and with Spain and Portugal the situation is diferent ?

So there is not 1 single aspect that could give you a tiny chance to give you a valid reason for you to do what you did . But again, you do as you wish i am not here to force you or teach you nothing.
    Keep the hard work.
    Scotland was technically an independent nation that shared the crown with England. It had a separate Parliament until 1707.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Keep the hard work.
    The mod starts in 1600 so I would advise you to google Elisabeth I and James VI and I and then just have a look at their titles and when they inherited them... I think then you will find the answer why Scotland is independable and playable.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    The mod starts in 1600 so I would advise you to google Elisabeth I and James VI and I and then just have a look at their titles and when they inherited them... I think then you will find the answer why Scotland is independable and playable.
    Quintus in the most recent release I set the start day a little closer to 1607 when Jamestown was founded. But nonetheless I stand over Scotland being both.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Citizen

Quintus in the most recent release I set the start day a little closer to 1607 when Jamestown was founded. But nonetheless I stand over Scotland being both.
    Oh, sorry for that. I yet had not the time to test the new version.

OK,we know you are right,and the update when will finished?

I recommend to you guys to download the excellent Baroque UI made by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus and play with Colonialism 1600 AD. Don't forget to add the xBaroqueUI.pack at the end of your user script, e.g:

mod "Col_models.pack";
    mod "Col_ui.pack";
    mod "Colo_events.pack";
    mod "Pikeman_animation_MOD.pack";
    mod "patch_general_andy's_musket_sounds.pack";
    mod "xBaroqueUI.pack";

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Dom Pedro II; July 06, 2015 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post
    I recommend to you guys to download the excellent Baroque UI made by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus and play with Colonialism 1600 AD. Don't forget to add the xBaroqueUI.pack at the end of your user script, e.g:

mod "Col_models.pack";
    mod "Col_ui.pack";
    mod "Colo_events.pack";
    mod "xBaroqueUI.pack";

Looks beautiful.

Icon14 Re: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - Beta release v2.0 and patch (30/06/2015)

Excellent work Geronimo! I have tried this mod out before and loved it for what it was in the extreme early development stages. I'll have to try this new version out soon. So what are the new things in this new version? I would like to know what to expect. I feel I came to the right place to ask this; are there any good 17th century documentaries/movies to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post

mod "Col_models.pack";
    mod "Col_ui.pack";
    mod "Colo_events.pack";
    mod "xBaroqueUI.pack";

Excellent.Is it avaible for all factions ?
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :

Citizen

Excellent.Is it avaible for all factions ?
    Not all; the fractions which are implemented are:
    Austria
    Bavaria
    Great Britain
    France
    Hannover
    Netherlands
    Papal State
    Poland
    Portugal
    Prussia
    Russia
    Savoy
    Saxony
    Sicily
    Spain
    Sweden
    Venice
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; July 07, 2015 at 03:39 PM.