Thread: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - update (26/03/2018)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - update (26/03/2018)

Update 26/03/2018. Download link here for the core files for the Beta v4.0. Remove other mods from your Data folder to avoid conflicts before installation. (NB:I've noticed that if you include the 1600_naval_007.pack file, and its entry in the user script file, you will not get the faction specific campaign map models. If you want to make sure you get the faction-specific campaign map models, then delete the file "1600_naval_001.pack", and edit the user script by deleting the line "mod "1600_naval_007.pack";")

Install as follows:

1.Place user.empire_script in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts. Delete the previous scripts already located there first.. Delete the previous scripts already located there first. Most problems people have had are because of not performing this step properly.

2. Place 1600_naval_007.pack, Col_loc_en.pack, Col_music, Col_scripts, Col_models.pack, Col_ui.pack, colmod.pack, Colo_events.pack, Pikeman_animation_MOD.pack, and patch_general_andy's_musket_sounds.pack in the Data folder.

The Data folder can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data.

3. If "new.pack" is already in your Data folder, delete it.

4. Next place startpos.esf in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\main.

Now start Empire Total War as normal through Steam. Do not use Modmanager as this may prevent the faction specific generals from working.

If you have problems with the old startpos you can default to the CA one by selecting "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" in Steam, but then the game will start in 1700 instead. The startpos I will be releasing in a few days will start in 1607. I thought that was appropriate because that is when the first permanent English colonies were founded in the continental Americas.

Changes:

26/03/2018:
    - Some factions e.g. Netherlands, England etc in custom battles now have timeframe specific default starting armies. Still some work to do on this as I only recently discovered how to edit starting armies in custom battles e.g. cuirassier-lancers should be early only not late. Default artillery crews for late battles are now late, while early ones are early-type crew (though some uniforms appeared historically in late period).

- Starting date moved to 1611, closer to establishment of New Netherlands in North America at Fort Nassau.

- New non playable factions: Bohemia (emergent), Cossack Hetmanate (emergent), Circassia (a starting faction). Circassia replaces the Mamluk emergent faction.

- New units including: Early Spanish cuirassiers, Colonial Light Pikemen (for Spain), Late Austrian and Dutch generals playable in custom battles, Brussels pikemen and officer, late Austrian cuirassier and Austrian Armoured Dragoons, Polish Reiters, a default "Regiment of Horse" for Sweden using uniform of Smaland cavalry, Generalitat Pikemen (Catalan) using old model I found of Swiss Halberdier made by Adrian74 years ago (credits to Adrian if still around here), various late Spanish cavalry units including Flandes/Osuna/Extramadura\ cavalry, Viejo and Nuevo Dragoons, Walloon dragoons (Late). Other units include Episcopal Militia of Barcelona, Cuirassiers de Roi (France). In some cases I have included the name of the war a particular unit fought in in brackets after their name.

- Swedish artillery calibres standardised as per Gustavan reforms. Also as per Gustavan reforms, early Swedish musketeers can deploy stakes.

- Most cavalry now have pistols (unless lance, bow or carbine armed), which can usually be fired during cavalry charge.

- Some factions in custom battles now have a generic Matchlock and Flintlock musketeer.

- Some new officer models.

Earlier updates described below:

---------------------

20/03/2016
    Additional French officer models and battle flags (based on Thirty Years War French flags). New units including Gardes Francaises Pikemen, early flintlock musketeers, French drummer model.

New Irish units including: Kern, Gallowglasses, O'More Pikemen, Light Pikemen. New Irish officer model. NB Ireland remains an emegent faction.

New Brandenburg-Prussian grenadier models.

Also there is a script which makes certain early units unavailable later in the period, and certain late units unavailable early in the period. Credits to terryman for that.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Irish Kern and officer:

O'More pikemen (Ireland - early):

Gallowglasses (Norse-Gaels serving Irish lords):

Irish light pikemen (based on model in National Museum I saw):

Huguenot Pikemen (available to Protestant factions and French rebels):

Additional French officers and drummers.

Early French flicklocks (Thirty Years War):

Early Gardes Francaises Pikemen (NB missing icon below is replaced):

Wallensteins Guard Lancers (Habsburg Monarchy/Austria):

Transylvanian carabiniers:

New Spanish units including: Tercio Irlada pikemen and musketeers, Catalan Militiamen, Catalan Tercio Generalitat Pikemen, Brussels Civic Guard Pikemen.

Additional Austrian Pikemen in Graz armour with Cabasset helmet.

Some late officers now carry spontoons.

Some new custom campaign models e.g. gentlemen. Custom Transylvanian general model and gentleman model. New Polish gentleman model.

New Dutch ensign model.

New battle flags for England.

Previous updates:

Update 14/02/2015:

I have added new 17th century ship models by Bethencourt.

Installation instructions and download link here.

I will periodically release patches to add more units more quickly. That is why there are unused models in the pack files waiting to be unlocked.

I strongly recommend you don't use Modmanager to run this, as I found the faction specific campaign models tend not always to work otherwise. .

Screenshots:

If you have problems with the startpos (it runs fine for me), then default to the old CA one which starts in 1700, by clicking "Verify integrity of cache" in Steam.
    [/spoiler]
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; March 25, 2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: updated link (26/03/2018)
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog