Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - update (26/03/2018)

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - update (26/03/2018)

Update 26/03/2018. Download link here for the core files for the Beta v4.0. Remove other mods from your Data folder to avoid conflicts before installation. (NB:I've noticed that if you include the 1600_naval_007.pack file, and its entry in the user script file, you will not get the faction specific campaign map models. If you want to make sure you get the faction-specific campaign map models, then delete the file "1600_naval_001.pack", and edit the user script by deleting the line "mod "1600_naval_007.pack";")

Install as follows:

1.Place user.empire_script in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts. Delete the previous scripts already located there first.. Delete the previous scripts already located there first. Most problems people have had are because of not performing this step properly.

2. Place 1600_naval_007.pack, Col_loc_en.pack, Col_music, Col_scripts, Col_models.pack, Col_ui.pack, colmod.pack, Colo_events.pack, Pikeman_animation_MOD.pack, and patch_general_andy's_musket_sounds.pack in the Data folder.

The Data folder can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data.

3. If "new.pack" is already in your Data folder, delete it.

4. Next place startpos.esf in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\main.

Now start Empire Total War as normal through Steam. Do not use Modmanager as this may prevent the faction specific generals from working.

If you have problems with the old startpos you can default to the CA one by selecting "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" in Steam, but then the game will start in 1700 instead. The startpos I will be releasing in a few days will start in 1607. I thought that was appropriate because that is when the first permanent English colonies were founded in the continental Americas.

Changes:

26/03/2018:
    - Some factions e.g. Netherlands, England etc in custom battles now have timeframe specific default starting armies. Still some work to do on this as I only recently discovered how to edit starting armies in custom battles e.g. cuirassier-lancers should be early only not late. Default artillery crews for late battles are now late, while early ones are early-type crew (though some uniforms appeared historically in late period).

- Starting date moved to 1611, closer to establishment of New Netherlands in North America at Fort Nassau.

- New non playable factions: Bohemia (emergent), Cossack Hetmanate (emergent), Circassia (a starting faction). Circassia replaces the Mamluk emergent faction.

- New units including: Early Spanish cuirassiers, Colonial Light Pikemen (for Spain), Late Austrian and Dutch generals playable in custom battles, Brussels pikemen and officer, late Austrian cuirassier and Austrian Armoured Dragoons, Polish Reiters, a default "Regiment of Horse" for Sweden using uniform of Smaland cavalry, Generalitat Pikemen (Catalan) using old model I found of Swiss Halberdier made by Adrian74 years ago (credits to Adrian if still around here), various late Spanish cavalry units including Flandes/Osuna/Extramadura\ cavalry, Viejo and Nuevo Dragoons, Walloon dragoons (Late). Other units include Episcopal Militia of Barcelona, Cuirassiers de Roi (France). In some cases I have included the name of the war a particular unit fought in in brackets after their name.

- Swedish artillery calibres standardised as per Gustavan reforms. Also as per Gustavan reforms, early Swedish musketeers can deploy stakes.

- Most cavalry now have pistols (unless lance, bow or carbine armed), which can usually be fired during cavalry charge.

- Some factions in custom battles now have a generic Matchlock and Flintlock musketeer.

- Some new officer models.

Earlier updates described below:

---------------------

20/03/2016
    Additional French officer models and battle flags (based on Thirty Years War French flags). New units including Gardes Francaises Pikemen, early flintlock musketeers, French drummer model.

New Irish units including: Kern, Gallowglasses, O'More Pikemen, Light Pikemen. New Irish officer model. NB Ireland remains an emegent faction.

New Brandenburg-Prussian grenadier models.

Also there is a script which makes certain early units unavailable later in the period, and certain late units unavailable early in the period. Credits to terryman for that.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Irish Kern and officer:

O'More pikemen (Ireland - early):

Gallowglasses (Norse-Gaels serving Irish lords):

Irish light pikemen (based on model in National Museum I saw):

Huguenot Pikemen (available to Protestant factions and French rebels):

Additional French officers and drummers.

Early French flicklocks (Thirty Years War):

Early Gardes Francaises Pikemen (NB missing icon below is replaced):

Wallensteins Guard Lancers (Habsburg Monarchy/Austria):

Transylvanian carabiniers:

New Spanish units including: Tercio Irlada pikemen and musketeers, Catalan Militiamen, Catalan Tercio Generalitat Pikemen, Brussels Civic Guard Pikemen.

Additional Austrian Pikemen in Graz armour with Cabasset helmet.

Some late officers now carry spontoons.

Some new custom campaign models e.g. gentlemen. Custom Transylvanian general model and gentleman model. New Polish gentleman model.

New Dutch ensign model.

New battle flags for England.

Previous updates:

Update 14/02/2015:

I have added new 17th century ship models by Bethencourt.

Installation instructions and download link here.

I will periodically release patches to add more units more quickly. That is why there are unused models in the pack files waiting to be unlocked.

I strongly recommend you don't use Modmanager to run this, as I found the faction specific campaign models tend not always to work otherwise. .

Screenshots:

If you have problems with the startpos (it runs fine for me), then default to the old CA one which starts in 1700, by clicking "Verify integrity of cache" in Steam.
    [/spoiler]
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; March 25, 2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: updated link (26/03/2018)
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Default Re: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - Beta release v2.0 and patch (27/06/2015)

Congrats Geronimo, and thank god for that!! Lol. Know what i'll be doing tonight and im sure many others..thanks for your hard work, i'll feed back when ready.!

Default Re: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - Beta release v2.0 and patch (27/06/2015)

I've updated the OP to attach the patch to the first post on the thread in case the bandwidth limit causes you problems on mega.nz.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Thank you Geronimo i'm very much looking forward to try it out!

Thanks Geronimo for all your hard work, looking forward to getting back into ETW in a new era.

Posted a couple of bugs I found in the bug thread, sorry, that's probably just what you need after finally getting it uploaded!

Lets see
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

What do you mean by place? copy/paste ?dragg ?
    Click to check :
    My Youtube channel
    Steam profile :
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006562367/

Resume of my world tournament participations of TW since 2011.
    6 conquests, 9 finals disputed and 13 semi disputed.
    Player with most campaign conquests on TW on legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by foot soldier View Post
    What do you mean by place? copy/paste ?dragg ?
    Paste or extract. The only mods in your Data folder should be:

colmod.pack
    Col_models.pack
    Col_ui.pack
    Colo_events.pack
    Pikeman_animation_MOD.pack
    patch_general_andy's_musket_sounds.pack

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Moemoeng's Avatar Libertus

This mod looks really amazing, but I don't know where to find this "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts"?

Quote Originally Posted by Moemoeng View Post
    This mod looks really amazing, but I don't know where to find this "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts"?

Its sometimes a hidden folder. You can find it by doing a search for AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Moemoeng's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Its sometimes a hidden folder. You can find it by doing a search for AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts.
    Thanx for the tip, but the only result showing up is the readme file from this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Moemoeng View Post

What version of Windows are you using? In 7 or 8 the "..." part of the link will be whatever your username is for your computer. It is the same folder where your documents, pictures and videos folders are.

To find the AppData directory you need to go to Control Panel > Folder Options. Then choose the View tab and make sure "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is selected. Then you should see the AppData folder and be able to navigate to it.

Default Re: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - Beta release v2.0 and patch (30/06/2015)

I've added a new patch to the OP which hopefully will fix things. I am not experiencing any crashes but for those who are I hope it helps. It also fixes the problem Poacher mentioned of missing Russian campaign map models.

The fog of war issue is a work in progress as it requires startpos modding. I should be able to fix it but one thing at a time.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Default Re: Download link for Colonialism 1600AD - Beta release v2.0 and patch (30/06/2015)

Ladies and Gents we have lift off.....Well done Geronimo and the chap who spotted the error. Obviously have not had time to play, but tried the same battle that crashed the game on turn one and it now works fine!!!!!, also checked and noted Russian models were in, they are, (did notice a unit card that is blank for Feudal Arqubusiers {Russia} though).

So i will re-start a campaign as Sweden as see how we get on. Providing all is stable and good my next wishes would be in no particular order:

1. Minor factions playable
    2. Correct flags, both Battlemap and Campaign
    3. Alternate music from the vanilla TW.
    4. Still not happy about the stats for naval forces..only had one battle my 5x brigs v 1x 40gun frigate, i pounded it for an hour and it looked like a colander, yet never lost a single gun, or sank, or ran..and eventually one the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    Ladies and Gents we have lift off.....Well done Geronimo and the chap who spotted the error. Obviously have not had time to play, but tried the same battle that crashed the game on turn one and it now works fine!!!!!, also checked and noted Russian models were in, they are, (did notice a unit card that is blank for Feudal Arqubusiers {Russia} though).

So i will re-start a campaign as Sweden as see how we get on. Providing all is stable and good my next wishes would be in no particular order:

1. Minor factions playable
    2. Correct flags, both Battlemap and Campaign
    3. Alternate music from the vanilla TW.
    4. Still not happy about the stats for naval forces..only had one battle my 5x brigs v 1x 40gun frigate, i pounded it for an hour and it looked like a colander, yet never lost a single gun, or sank, or ran..and eventually one the day!
    So my custom startpos (starting in 1607) works for you yes? Remember Scotland is a minor faction. I will try to make others playable too.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

No, im using the startpos that you gave with the updated mod i.e the startpos with this thread. It was the latest patch that sorted the problem. Yes i know Scotland is a minor faction, but plenty more of them to unlock would be nice, saxony / Savoy, etc etc.

Did you include the lovely naval models from the last mod, with all the period ships, i.e galleons etc. I have not had the time to play this seriously yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    No, im using the startpos that you gave with the updated mod i.e the startpos with this thread. It was the latest patch that sorted the problem. Yes i know Scotland is a minor faction, but plenty more of them to unlock would be nice, saxony / Savoy, etc etc.

Did you include the lovely naval models from the last mod, with all the period ships, i.e galleons etc. I have not had the time to play this seriously yet.
    I mean are you using the startpos on this thread ie the one with Scotland as a playable faction that starts in 1607.

Because if members are finding that to be stable, I will move on to enable more factions.

Not sure the ship texture changes are in. I doubt it because I'm.unsure I still have them asI lost a lot of files some months ago due to virus and the relevant links in the dev forum may not still be there but I will look into it.

The patch also enables Croatian Harquebusiers unit for Austria/Habsburg monarchy.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; June 30, 2015 at 05:09 AM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Geronimo2006,thanks your effort!Could you delete the unit model's backpacks?They're so ugly.

And who can change the original music?

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    I mean are you using the startpos on this thread ie the one with Scotland as a playable faction that starts in 1607.

Because if members are finding that to be stable, I will move on to enable more factions.

Not sure the ship texture changes are in. I doubt it because I'm.unsure I still have them asI lost a lot of files some months ago due to virus and the relevant links in the dev forum may not still be there but I will look into it.

The patch also enables Croatian Harquebusiers unit for Austria/Habsburg monarchy.

No, im using the Startpos that i thought was an issue and was with your 29th download. Scotland playable year 1605 start. There was no need to use the suggested new startpos as your patch 2 of the col files worked as an other suggested.

Looking at the naval question. In your original mod last year, one of the most impressive features was the new spin on Naval ships. Rather than have 18th century warships as per vanilla, you had 17th century ships that were based on galleons and all had there own unit cards,,i was very impressed at this. I think only the top tier ships of the line were the vanilla ones. Having a quick look it seems to have reverted back to vanilla set-up again. Not sure where you got those models from but a real shame to not have them included in this version of the mod.

Also noted was the vanilla flags used on battle / campaign map, (except spain), pretty sure you had custom 17th century flags for the last build. Would be nice to re-insate them again.

Thanks again, Wont really have time to check this out until friday, but can have a quick go each day until then.

Just to add, was sure the last build had different music the era?, would certainly help in abolishing that Vanilla ETW feel to it....most likely could be got from other TW mods about.
    Last edited by Poacher886; June 30, 2015 at 12:01 PM.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast