Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: crusaders campaign

Default Re: crusaders campaign

Go to descr_strat, almost at the bottom of the files, right below the list of rebels settlements, you will see entry like this:

character sub_faction aztecs, Coanacoch, general, male, age 22, x 7, y 75 army
    unit Native Warriors exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Native Archers exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Native Archers exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Native Archers exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Native Archers exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

That's rebel army in garrison in vanilla grand campaign, easy to spot because of the 'sub_faction', which is for rebels only. just copy all those armies from the original geomod descr_strat crusades to your own, and the rebels armies will be back.

now there is only the unit issue

there is a problem and i don't know what it is my mod don't works any more i added some regions and captains and buildings then is testing it butt it don't works so i deleted the new region one by one and i testing it after one delete butt still don't works so i am lost every thing i created today and still it don't works before today every thing was good butt now it is hopeless

I don't know how you are modding of course, but from what it looks, you seem to go too fast for a beginner.
    You say you added regions, then captains, buildings... This is not a good idea to add all that at once. It is best to test each change, one by one, until you really know what you are doing.

You add one region without building or garrison, then you test if it's working.
    You add the buildings, then you test.
    You add the garrison, then you test.

When something work, you replace your backup files with the working ones, that way you can always reverse and be sure of what works, and what doesn't.

I know how frustrating it is, i had crashs about everything when i started modding too, and i guess that everyone did around here.
    Modding is a slow process, and i don't know how far you want to go, but you have to know it could take you months to get there. Trying to rush won't speed up things, actually, it will probably make you loose even more time.

One more thing, i know i already told you to use the system log, and i am telling you again, because in all your errors, i find it surprising that not once, you had any errors reported in it. Even if you don't understand how to fix the errors the log is pointing you, posting the errors reported would really help peoples to help you fix it.

is this what your looking for M2TW.system.log.txtsystem.log.txt

yes maybe i go to fast. butt it going easy so i thougt this works also so i added 4 region and 4 captains and 4 buildings butt next it don't works any more even if i delete those 4 regions with every thing in those regions even when i make every thing the old before those regions my bad

is that not what your looking for ?

Yes, that was it, the m2tw system log. You have a system rpt error at the end, the cause of your crash. The problem, it doesn't say what the error is, which happens. There are severals reasons to unknown error, but i don't know what it could be in your case. Especially since you are using geomod, and if so far you only worked on regions and characters. The few mistakes i made myself with this program regarding regions were explained in system log, so i am quite puzzled by your problems right now.

The only suggestion i can make is keep reading tutorials, topic from other peoples who had similar issues, and so on. You might also try to start over again, even if it's painful, you didn't go that far in your mod, it might be worth it.

I know it doesn't look very helpful, sorry. If i have a revelation on the subject in the next few days, i will let you know, but right now, i mostly have a burnout on my own mod, so i take a break from modding for a while.

so i have to start it al over my work al for nothing now i am burnout to

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

17:24:51.788 [system.rpt] [error]
    There seems to be quite a bit of a mess - this is supposed to display text, something like: 'Medieval has encountered an error...'

Some suggestions:

1. Use my bare geomod set up for your mod's base
    2. This tut is about basic mapping in general and has chapters concerning the entries in descr_strat
    3. This tut is about region details

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123