Thread: RTRPE v2.0 crashes trying to load content from v1.9 that isn't even there.

Default RTRPE v2.0 crashes trying to load content from v1.9 that isn't even there.

I start the game, get as far as selecting my faction and starting a new campaign at which point game stops working. If I select 'load campaign game' I get a list of the saves from my v1.9 install which has been renamed and moved out. Originally it was not even on the same drive and v2.0 was still trying to load saves that it should have been oblivious to. How the hell can it be trying to load stuff that isn't even on the same drive let alone in the same folder? I could stick with v1.9 but there are a couple of mods that need this one to work that I am interested in trying.

RTR and related mods stand far higher in my estimation than the bloody awful Rome II by the way. All that has going for it is prettier graphics and double the unit slots, everything else is meh.

Another thing; why does this site log me before I have read 2 pages or written 2 small paragraphs? Damn silly.

Default Re: RTRPE v2.0 crashes trying to load content from v1.9 that isn't even there.

That should be 'log me out' not 'log me'

Default Re: RTRPE v2.0 crashes trying to load content from v1.9 that isn't even there.

This is getting weirder. I decided to scrub v2.0 'til someone could shed some light; moved v1.9 back in; fired it up and found it was starting with BI red screens and crashing. I deleted it and recopied it in from another drive. This versions gameplay's latest saves I discovered are from are from 2010. I had inadvertently deleted the campaign I had been continuing from 2013. 'Oh well; can't be helped' I thought, only to find when I fired it up there was that list of campaigns I had just binned! I clicked on the last saved game expecting it to crash like v2.0; because after all, like v2.0, there shouldn't actually be any saves to be accessed never mind the list. Imagine my surprise when the save loaded and I could play it. It is getting this info from somewhere; but now it isn't visible on any drive or partition. It only exists as deleted material I will need file recovery software to recover. This is just the maddest behaviour I have ever had a PC exhibit. I am missing something, probably something obvious, but I haven't a clue what.