Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows 10 (moderator take notice please)

Default Re: Windows 10 (moderator take notice please)

Hello there.

I'm having similar sounding issues getting my original 1.0 CD copy of Rome to work.

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back, and then decided to re-install my Rome. Once installed, I had very similar issues to those on this page (game not loading at all, requesting I run as admin etc).

I performed a factory restore and went back to windows 8, and it worked! I was overjoyed. HOWEVER, following a large number of Windows updates, the game no longer works. I am still using Windows 8, but am getting exactly the same problem as I was getting with 10. I have tried compatibility settings, re-installing and others, but am having no luck.

Can anyone suggest anything to get it working again?

Thanks

Right I've managed to get the campaign working, but when I launch into a battle it crashes. I've also noticed that after crashing, if I go back into the game, it has reset my control setting back to default, however it does not appear to change anything else (graphics settings etc). Any idea why this is and/or how to solve the issue?

Icon8 Re: Windows 10 (moderator take notice please)

I never seen so stupidity and unlogical s...t in the total war. All was working before I played windows 7/8. But after upgrade to the 10 then started something idiotic bugs.
    PS. For example I can't generate sprites to Gaul and egypt factions BUT i can generate to other all factions. WTF?

I chose Romans Julii, I chose one specific unit which have gauls, I have been wrote up in EDU who owns this unit and in DMB wrote texture of this unit but game all time gives the same bug. I hate the 10th!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Lucii_Varen; February 23, 2016 at 10:34 AM.

Sorry. I find bug. It's because of officers. ))))))

Unfortunately this does not work for me yet
    It seems that i have the exact same Problem as Eronor:

Quote Originally Posted by Eronor View Post
    I own a physical non-steam copy,
    I followed all steps except step 3. As the d3dx9_XX files do not exist in my folder?
    Am I missing something, or is this a steam-related process.
    Could you upload those files as well into the thread?
    The d3dx9-Files dont exist on my Computer (scrolled in system and searched the whole computer)
    I followed the other steps and left out step 3...
    If i want to start Rome still the same thing as before happens: Nothing.
    I doubleclick on the Icon, click on "yes" to give permission for rome to "make changes on my Computer" and then just nothing happens

I would be so grateful if you could help me with this, i absolutely love that game!!!

I have the exact same problem: did everything except the d3dx9 files because they dont exist in my computer, after i give permission to start the game it just did nothing at all... plz help

Is it possible to run a virtual Windows XP or 7 on my Windows 10 and be able to play Rome Total War I?

Quote Originally Posted by michilud View Post
    Unfortunately this does not work for me yet
    It seems that i have the exact same Problem as Eronor:

The d3dx9-Files dont exist on my Computer (scrolled in system and searched the whole computer)
    I followed the other steps and left out step 3...
    If i want to start Rome still the same thing as before happens: Nothing.
    I doubleclick on the Icon, click on "yes" to give permission for rome to "make changes on my Computer" and then just nothing happens

I would be so grateful if you could help me with this, i absolutely love that game!!!
    I have the same problem too. I can't install DirectX v9 on Windows 10, so not sure how to get these files? Help - I want to be able to play this game

You don't need to mess with d3dx9 files at all..
    just go here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-windows10-FIX

i downloaded the file, i am completely lost. How do i open it as a zip file? I open it in notepad and its all geberish, please help.

don't download d3dx9.dll's. ever.
    you don't need to.
    Check out this guide for making stuff work on Win10: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-windows10-FIX

--Let's Carpe the out of this Diem!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I think this one can be closed, please refer here for WIN10 related issues.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123