Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

Default Re: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Really good units from 1191 mod!!! but i think that is a little copy of sship, dont you?
    Yes, but in this particulary case - moors rosters - he has done a great reskin of some unit like berber spearmen and archer, andalusian spearmen ( I find horrible these models) and others, especially militia units - spearman in east arean for examples. Obviously that he had taken inspiration of SSHIP - he mentioned that - but some work is specifically for moors. I will congrats with him!

It will be good if would be possible adopt or exchange the units workshop!
    Last edited by Mattus; August 12, 2022 at 06:55 AM.

Libertus

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Did Curt2013 allowed Kostic to use it's models and textures ? They are simply amazing clearly on the quality of Kostic's models

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] SSHIP 0.98 version 2022/09/08

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    Did Curt2013 allowed Kostic to use it's models and textures ? They are simply amazing clearly on the quality of Kostic's models
    Yes. He gave me permission to use his designs. I haven't done that yet.

Are there any plans to do anything with Pisa? As it stands I almost think it'd be better to add Milan instead, given that the vanilla roster fits them better.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Martyr View Post
    Are there any plans to do anything with Pisa? As it stands I almost think it'd be better to add Milan instead, given that the vanilla roster fits them better.
    Yes, and no.
    Yes: there'll be a regional building for Northern Italy, that will be of use by Pisa and Venice.
    No: we will not switch to either Milan or Genoa, even if I personally would find Genoa more convincing and good for the gameplay. But at least up to ver. 1.0 the factions will stay, and the units (ie rosters) will stay as they are besides making them more historical (all marvellous @kostic work), making them available to the other factions, and adjusting the recruitment.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Jurand of Cracow

Is it possible to use 16th century armor and weapons in the late era?

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Jurand of Cracow
    Is it possible to use 16th century armor and weapons in the late era?
    I don't know - it's up to the @kostic tastes. The late era starts 1390.

Ideally, I would indeed like the campaigns to allow the evolution of the armor up to those of the 16th century.
    Concretely, it's a long-term job that I may do little by little, but my priority would be to first have units respecting the timeline in the first part of the game.

Today I'm just starting to get back into modding.
    I am currently starting to review the "scout" units so that they are AOR for all Latin factions. For this, I will try to create a slightly different model between the "scouts" of the West, those of Eastern Europe and those of Southern Europe.

As AOR units, visual differences depend on recruiting faction, not recruiting area, both in terms of how they look on the battlefield and how they look on the unit card.
    This gives the advantage of being able to choose a dominant color per faction, but if a faction moves very far from its territory, it will recruit scouts who will not have the local appearance (example: the Poles reach the west. They will recruit scouts in the visual style of Eastern Europe). That said, this scenario will likely be very rare and shouldn't be too troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Today I'm just starting to get back into modding.
    I am currently starting to review the "scout" units so that they are AOR for all Latin factions. For this, I will try to create a slightly different model between the "scouts" of the West, those of Eastern Europe and those of Southern Europe.

As AOR units, visual differences depend on recruiting faction, not recruiting area, both in terms of how they look on the battlefield and how they look on the unit card.
    This gives the advantage of being able to choose a dominant color per faction, but if a faction moves very far from its territory, it will recruit scouts who will not have the local appearance (example: the Poles reach the west. They will recruit scouts in the visual style of Eastern Europe). That said, this scenario will likely be very rare and shouldn't be too troublesome.
    !!!! !!!!

Welcome back kostic!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

The longer I think about it, the more I'm of the opinion that the Carroccio unit should either be abandoned, or should be made a Bodyguard unit of the Pisa/Venice generals. Or some of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    The longer I think about it, the more I'm of the opinion that the Carroccio unit should either be abandoned, or should be made a Bodyguard unit of the Pisa/Venice generals. Or some of them...

Hmm, I think this unit is of a religious/unique type, according to the Wiki it was used above all by the Milanese and also by the Florentines, and even by other Europeans such as the English or Hungarians...
    Perhaps an idea can continue to keep this unit in the game, whose purpose is to inspire the rest of the army and to be a unit that fights until the end... But in a religious plan.
    It could be recruited in Milan and Florence or northern Italy by the Italians, also by the papal states in Rome for example, and when calling a crusade only in Italian territory.
    I don't add the Crusader states because this was more of an Italian gimmick.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Hi Jurand! Looking at the unit roster of the Seljuks ( Rum selyuks In Anatolia and Empire of Selyuks in Iran and Iraq) do you plan to make an evolution of these factions?
    - For example, the Rum Seljuks at the beginning of the game would base their power on tribal warriors and horse archers with little heavy infantry and especially archers... to later evolve at the end of the 13th century to a more centralized state (Ottomans) and in their famous Janissaries and Sipahies and then their famous focus on gunpowder... Maybe you can even put a condition that if they conquer all of Anatolia they can develop this event (Ottomans) much earlier and develop their famous Janissaries...
    - As a proposal I would add some AOR unit in Anatolia, for use by both Byzantines, Turks or any faction... If I'm not mistaken in the Broken Crescent mod there were the Anatolian Hillmen referring to the people who populated these mountainous lands and lived there for centuries, they would be very similar to the current Caucasian Hillmen... Maybe @Kostic could give them another use or create some unit for Anatolia AOR...

-For the Great Selyuks I think they should evolve into an Islamic Iranian or "semi-Persian" state such as the Corasmios/Khwarezm focusing on Persian units and their style of warfare, such as heavy infantry, Persian archers and heavy cavalry (Sassanid style), In addition to the typical Turkish horse archers (keep in mind that the Turkopoles are currently placed as mercenaries and these should only be in the Levant Zone since they were Christians), so you could represent the transition of the declining Seljuk Empire that ended in 1194 and the Corasmios that emerged in 1077 as independent until their conquest by the Mongols... The only thing is the name of the faction, as happens with the Almoravids, perhaps we should use a more generic term...
    What is your opinion on these issues?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

- As a proposal I would add some AOR unit in Anatolia, for use by both Byzantines, Turks or any faction... If I'm not mistaken in the Broken Crescent mod there were the Anatolian Hillmen referring to the people who populated these mountainous lands and lived there for centuries, they would be very similar to the current Caucasian Hillmen... Maybe @Kostic could give them another use or create some unit for Anatolia AOR...
    I think lazian (Kartvelian ethnic group) warriors from Trebizond and cappadocia will solve this problem.These people are the ancient population of Anatolia - From the time of King Ayet of Colchis

I think these warriors are already here - archers and horsemen from Trebizond
    Last edited by Khevsur; November 20, 2022 at 07:30 AM.

Hi Jurand! Looking at the unit roster of the Seljuks ( Rum selyuks In Anatolia and Empire of Selyuks in Iran and Iraq) do you plan to make an evolution of these factions?
    - For example, the Rum Seljuks at the beginning of the game would base their power on tribal warriors and horse archers with little heavy infantry and especially archers... to later evolve at the end of the 13th century to a more centralized state (Ottomans) and in their famous Janissaries and Sipahies and then their famous focus on gunpowder... Maybe you can even put a condition that if they conquer all of Anatolia they can develop this event (Ottomans) much earlier and develop their famous Janissaries...

-For the Great Selyuks I think they should evolve into an Islamic Iranian or "semi-Persian" state such as the Corasmios/Khwarezm focusing on Persian units and their style of warfare, such as heavy infantry, Persian archers and heavy cavalry (Sassanid style), In addition to the typical Turkish horse archers (keep in mind that the Turkopoles are currently placed as mercenaries and these should only be in the Levant Zone since they were Christians), so you could represent the transition of the declining Seljuk Empire that ended in 1194 and the Corasmios that emerged in 1077 as independent until their conquest by the Mongols... The only thing is the name of the faction, as happens with the Almoravids, perhaps we should use a more generic term...
    What is your opinion on these issues?
    Well, it always depends on the creative wishes of @kostic. On the evolution - sometimes in the future, who knows. For now, I'm more interested in Maghrib.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    I think lazian (Kartvelian ethnic group) warriors from Trebizond and cappadocia will solve this problem.These people are the ancient population of Anatolia - From the time of King Ayet of Colchis

I think these warriors are already here - archers and horsemen from Trebizond
    Trebizond horse archers are only for byzantines, but they should be and AOR unit in Trebizond...
    I say a generic AOR unit for All Anatolia or maybe two, specifically some type of infantry, since we already have alanos and horse archers...
    Here some examples:
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

ok Jurand thank for your answer! we expect more creations from our friend kostic!

About the Maghrib (Almoravid faction) need a little revision of their unit roster (Andalusian militias from south of Iberia and black slaves from Sigilmalsa)
    Last edited by j.a.luna; November 21, 2022 at 08:57 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

A question about an unit...about axed mailed knight, at he beginning of the game i saw them in Magdeburg settlement for HRE but i can not recruit them...only sword mailed knight ( as all european factions)
    Is there a requirement or event that unlocks this unit? I think because of the use of this two-handed axe it could be used by Scotland, Norway, Denmark and HRE... And this would be more unique their knights or at least combine them with recruiting sword mailed knight
    Last edited by j.a.luna; December 25, 2022 at 01:26 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

A question about an unit...about axed mailed knight, at he beginning of the game i saw them in Magdeburg settlement for HRE but i can not recruit them...only sword mailed knight ( as all european factions)
    Is there a requirement or event that unlocks this unit? I think because of the use of this two-handed axe it could be used by Scotland, Norway, Denmark and HRE... And this would be more unique their knights or at least combine them with recruiting sword mailed knight
    sship developers, any response regarding the recruitment of this unit?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

You should look in the EDB to see the conditions of his recruitment