Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

Lifthrasir and MWY some answers for the units removed and the new buildings?...
    Do you need some help o tips for characters about new units or new buildings?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Not from my side for now.

Edit: just a small input. I think I'm going to remove the urban crossbow militia as it is the same unit model as the crossbow militia. So, 1 more free slot.
    For info, Almughavars will be recruitable by Aragon, Leon and Portugal Aragon. For Armored Sergeants, I've removed Georgia (not accurate) but have added CS (in lower availability as France compare to the other factions). I found records mentioning the use of these guys by the CS.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 28, 2015 at 09:05 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post

Edit: just a small input. I think I'm going to remove the urban crossbow militia as it is the same unit model as the crossbow militia. So, 1 more free slot.
    For info, Almughavars will be recruitable by Aragon, Leon and Aragon. For Armored Sergeants, I've removed Georgia (not accurate) but have added CS (in lower availability as France compare to the other factions). I found records mentioning the use of these guys by the CS.
    So, Aragon will be able to recruit twice as many as Leon?

For info, Almughavars will be recruitable by Aragon, Leon and Aragon. For Armored Sergeants, I've removed Georgia (not accurate) but have added CS (in lower availability as France compare to the other factions). I found records mentioning the use of these guys by the CS.
    Could you explain what is it CS? i don´t know...
    maybe you want to say Portugal, Castilla y León and Aragón for recruit almughavars...i hope that when begin the EDU and new units,almughavars have new re-skin and new stats, currently they have a horrible look..you can see my previous posts bout almughavars and catalan mercenaries and their importance..
    about free slot i agree with you Lifth, and maybe urban militia spear and spear militia...both are similar..and much units that they are very similar or same function and stats..
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

Thanks PerXX. Error corrected.

j.a.luna, CS = Crusader States.
    Almughavar models are from GeMiNi][SaNDy. I'll post a pic tonight.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks PerXX. Error corrected.

j.a.luna, CS = Crusader States.
    Almughavar models are from GeMiNi][SaNDy. I'll post a pic tonight.
    ok Lifth,perfect! this is going well...hehehe
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

other units that can be removed are levy archers in many factions...they are levy archers and archers militia,spear militia with urban spear militia, spearmen and sergeant spearmen... many units that they are almost same, you can removed these units and only leave one,so you would create unique units for many factions( the game wil be funniest and more realistic)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Halberdiers can also be removed, gothic knights, demi lancers, broken lancers, , reiters

i think many units could be merged and shared with other factions, Lancers for example could take the place of gothic knights, broken lances and all late plate armored cav

tho at this point factions are kinda way too similar

Blog Entries

As promised, here are the new models for Almughavars:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

May be not perfect but I think that's still an improvement.

As promised, here are the new models for Almughavars:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

May be not perfect but I think that's still an improvement.

it is an improvement but Lifth if were possible...could almughavars look as these images or similar images? i think that is more realistic and it is correct historically.

For your information Lifth, and sship team, I have spoken with many Spanish youtubers where they upload videos of strategy games and total war to play and upload video of this mod, giving very good game advertising and publicity so that more people know this mod and appear more often on youtube
    Last edited by j.a.luna; July 28, 2015 at 03:17 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

Thanks for the advertising but that's not something we're looking for really

Regarding the unit models in general, we don't have time for now to work on them. We need to proceed by order.
    First, work on the EDU. Once the EDU is done, we will be able to work on them but factions by factions.

Thanks for the advertising but that's not something we're looking for really

Regarding the unit models in general, we don't have time for now to work on them. We need to proceed by order.
    First, work on the EDU. Once the EDU is done, we will be able to work on them but factions by factions.
    So EDU will be ready for next version?

Blog Entries

Nope

Nope
    Why not Lifth? We can hope more time until the EDU is ready, if the next version need more time i think that is better hope and then,after enjoy a best next release, don't you?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

I don't think that you (people) realize how much work it will requier. We need to "clean" the EDu to get free slots. Then, we need to add new units for each faction more or less. Finally, we will need to model most of the units.
    Do you want the next release for next year?

I don't think that you (people) realize how much work it will requier. We need to "clean" the EDu to get free slots. Then, we need to add new units for each faction more or less. Finally, we will need to model most of the units.
    Do you want the next release for next year?
    Puuff next year is much time...but at least ( i don't know modder) for help you and do more quickly all this work can do notes for example what units should be removed, what units should be reskin,what units should be add for each faction...do you understand me? And when you have all this information,you will do your hard work(i know that modder must be really hard work)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I do realize that it takes a lot of time to get done (EDU), thats why i was asking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Puuff next year is much time...but at least ( i don't know modder) for help you and do more quickly all this work can do notes for example what units should be removed, what units should be reskin,what units should be add for each faction...do you understand me? And when you have all this information,you will do your hard work(i know that modder must be really hard work)
    I thought that it was the purpose of this thread If you guys can discuss about these points, that will save us time for sure
    Anyway, we can still make a release without the EDU updated/implemented. If you get a release with the new animations and the adjustments made by MWY plus some new models, That's better than waiting for a full release that won't happen before next year earliest

Yes, and about EDU, i can help you, i already did a lot of work on edu for my mod. if u want me i can send u my edu, u can see how lot of existing units are rechanged