Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

Icon4 UNITS ROSTERS discussion

For advance work and help the sship team in the next release I would like that we discussed about that roster features you would improve or you would change, what units you think lack in the game and talk about the stats of units,the famous EDU ... in my case, for example, I would like the roster of the Spanish factions were improved, I see them too simple and without any unit that it attrack attention, in addition, the models units are very similar to each other (jinetes, caballeros hidalgos, caballeros villanos ...) I think they should differentiate more about other European factions, as they had their own crusade against the Moors...also they should be included again the knights of Santiago and Calatrava, and put a new model for importants spanish units as almogávares, alforrats, Iberian infantry,tercios, knigths ....
    I hope your views,opinions,tips on this issue for all players sship and their members and creators .... Together we can improve much this awesome and amazing submod.

Ok sship lovers and players, i will be brief and concise, i propose make some lists about what units should be removed or renovated and then other list about what units should be add.
    If someone want support me and say his opinion and new units proposition is welcome, only must write what unit/s and why should be remove in this thread and i will change/modify the list, with
    reasoned arguments and approval of sship team.

UNITS MAY BE REMOVED:

-SPEARMEN---(There are spearmen sergeants,spear militia and urban spear militia, much "same" spear units, i guess than with 3 types and differents stats is well)
    -LATE PIKEMAN--- (Very late unit)
    -MILITIA SERGEANTS--- (English unit and exist much militias units yet)
    -ARCHER MILITIA--- (Same as spearmen, with archers and levy archers i guess that it is enough,
    It is about having more free slots)
    -MUSKETERS---(Very late unit)
    -TRANSILVANIAN PEASANTS---(Vainilla unit and it can renovate the model or make new unit more historical)
    -SLAVS LEVIES---(Vainilla units, exist slavs mercenaries yet, they are similar and can be renovated with new models more historicals)
    -PRUSSIAN SPEARMEN---(Vainilla units with some teutonic models, can be renovated)
    -PRUSSIAN AUXILIARIE---(Vainilla units with some teutonic models, can be renovated)
    -PRUSSIAN AXEMEN---(Vainilla units with some teutonic models, can be renovated)
    -SWISS ARMORED PIKEMEN---(Very late unit and exist swiss pikemen and halberdies yet that can be upgrade armour)
    -HEAVY SWORDMEN SERGEANT---(exist light swordsmen, swordsmen mercenary and sworsmen sergeant, same with spearmen subject)
    -ARBALESTERS---(Exist crossbowmen and mercenary crossbowmen, same unit)
    -BASQUE ARCHERS---(Vainilla unit and can be replace for other more historical spanish unit)
    -HUSSITES---(Vainilla unit and similar to crossbowmen)
    -LUSITANIAN JAVELINMENT---(Vainilla unit and can be replace for other more historical spanish unit,exist javelinment yet)
    CATALANS---(Vainilla unit, exist almoghavars yet but they need be renovated model for toher more historical and specific, not only sandy´s model)
    -BALKANS ARCHERS---(Vainilla unit and it can renovate the model or make new unit more historical for this region)
    -BULGAR BRIGANDS---(Vainilla unit and it can renovate the model or make new unit more historical, maybe bulgar cavalry or infantry, they were famous for their cavalry, also will include more bulgar units because they are a faction not include)
    -LONGBOWMEN---(Exist mercenary longbowmen and welsh longbowmen yet)
    -HOBILARS/SCOUTS/BORDER HORSES/BRETON LIGHT CAVALRY---(These units can be consolidated in one unit as "light cavalry" with variants in different cultures and different armours)
    -SUDANESE GUNNERS---(Very late unit)
    -CAMEL GUNNERS---(Very late unit, can be replaced by camel with spears and curves swords)
    -ELEPHANTS---(This unit have cannons,should be replace by elephants with archers and be a expensive mercenary and regional)
    -MERCENARY GERMAN KNIGHTS/MERCENARY FRANKISH KNIGHTS---(Can be consolidated in the current unit of mercenary knights with variants and mixed of diverses europeans knights)
    -ALBANIAN CAVALRY---(Vainilla unit and can be replace for other more historical)
    -SERBIAN HUSSARS---(Vainilla unit and can be replace for other more historical)
    -AKINJIS---(Exists turkopoles,turkomanes,turkish horse archers...much similar horse archers units, can be useful have more free slots)
    -ARMORED SPEARMEN---(Exist heavy spearmen for muslims yet, i guess that he can useful for persian upgrade armour)
    -ARBALEST MILITIA---(Same that arbalesters)
    -HALBERDS MEN AT ARMS---(Exist halberds professionals and militias yet)
    -DAYLAMI INFANTRY/AL HAKA INFANTRY---(Can be remodelated with more historical units or make news units)
    -CALYVERMEN/MOUNTED CALYVERMEN---(Vainilla units and very late units, free slots for make new irish units)
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; October 02, 2021 at 03:00 AM. Reason: IMPROVE UNITS ROSTERS
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

And another question . And you 'll be icons for units and units taken from the recently released mod - Anatolian Principalities?
    By the way, there are units for Serbia and Georgia .
    Last edited by BuTAJIuK; June 18, 2015 at 04:10 AM.

It would be good that sship take some units for rum selyuks of the anatolian principalities...
    There are many rosters that they could be improve as regards the ancient SS vainilla...
    I think that achilles91 also told about that serbian roster should be improve and will add some historically serbian units..but Lifthrasir know that all this would be a hard work and it require much time
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree about the Spanish Leon, Aragon and Portugal factions. They could benefit from new units. Apart from this, I feel that Byzantine cavalry run out of ammo too quickly! These units can easily waste half their ammunition on a single enemy skirmisher unit that comes ahead of their main army. Yes, you can turn off the 'fire at will' but their ammo is still pretty limited and I don't see why they'd have less arrows than a Toxotae unit fighting on foot. If anything, surely the cavalarii should have more arrows because they have a horse to carry it!

Also, I was fighting a battle against the Serbs and I noticed an enemy unit had a spelling mistake on it! He was called "Tazdruli cavarly" or something like that, it should be "Cavalry" not cavarly!

Yes bigdaddy,spanish roster should be improve..i will post some images about spanish units in the middle age for sship can do a better roster and model for these 3 factions...
    And other forgotten faction is the hungarians and the cumans..cumans could have more nomad buildings and hungarians could have more cool units as the jobbagy(pavise spearmen) or hungarian knigths(heavy cavalry but aspect eastern european,european chevalier and oriental chevalier mix)
    All this are some ideas..if sship's member could add some model units of other mods or submods it would be great but they need allow it.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

And we don't forget the different dynasties..
    In some mods the generals have a dynasty with different traits each one..saladin the ayyubi,capetos,abbasi,guiscard...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; June 18, 2015 at 12:44 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here,some images about the medieval spanish army, there are almogavars,knights of Santiago,Montesa and Calatrava,archers,infantry(s.XI-XVI), images about the famous battle of Navas de Tolosa(1212) and the last image(the general) is obtaining of the mod"Reconquista total war" a mod of totalwarspain.com
    You can paste images about units of other factions for it does new models or units roster for the next release
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 18, 2023 at 11:49 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	descarga.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	326449here,is a interesant link about medieval armies...http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...play.php?f=143
    and here they are the Santiago,Alcántara,Calatrava and Montesa knights
    they were similar to templars or knights of San Juan, i don´t understand why they don´t appear in the game and their chapters houses...they were very common in spanish lands and they help in the historic reconquest of the Iberian peninsula
    Last edited by j.a.luna; June 18, 2015 at 03:44 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

And for the serbian,georgia and rum selyuks factions have pretty good units rosters in the new mod of anatolian principalities..lifthrasir or some sship's member could add this units for sship, but i don't know if the creators of anatolian principalities will allow their.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Do you have a link for that submod? Many thanks in advance.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Do you have a link for that submod? Many thanks in advance.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...ipalities-(AP) here it is,check it Lifth!!!:-)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link. I just had a quick look through it. That mod starts in 1310 AD, about 180 years after SSHIP.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks for the link. I just had a quick look through it. That mod starts in 1310 AD, about 180 years after SSHIP.
    yes, but won´t you add some units for the sship?not for early but yes for later units (1300)
    look at this models units....http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Preview/page19 what do you think about it?
    Last edited by j.a.luna; June 19, 2015 at 11:35 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

maybe for the hungarian units roster,sship member could look at the magyar mod and add,copy or create similar units about hungary faction..i don´t see other mod or information with more historical accuracy, if someone have better ideas or better information about new hungarian roster or for other faction,please post here.
    i lend the link about hungarian army, current i guess that it is the best hungarian roster and more historically correct. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-description
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...UM-OF-INFANTRY
    Last edited by j.a.luna; June 20, 2015 at 10:33 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Magyar mod doesn't allow other people to use their units, unless they use every single part of it, including the map.
    Not gonna happen, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    Magyar mod doesn't allow other people to use their units, unless they use every single part of it, including the map.
    Not gonna happen, I'm afraid.
    if it doesn´t allow it, at least it could create similar units or other hungarian units more historical,not only nobles hungarian o magyar cavalry(horse archers) for the gameplay
    therefore,i have created this thread,because i think that there are some factions as spanish,hungarian,serbians,cumans...that they need a important new roster with more uniqes units..Lifthrair told that when he finished his animations he will begin the EDU and new roster..i hope it...but while it happens we can give opinions,tips,historical information,images about mlitary unnits,armies ,model factions for the next release..if it would possible,it will be great!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

Easy j.a.luna. We can't do everything in 1 go. You need to be patient.

Easy j.a.luna. We can't do everything in 1 go. You need to be patient.
    Ok lifthrasir!i hope it! While i am going to continue with my suggestions and ideas,tips about this threat for help you and the sship
    my congratulations for your hard work!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

No problem, Mate

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No problem, Mate
    Hello I have a problem,

When I check the custom battle rosters - I find that there are two ottoman factions? The blue one doesn't have jassineries, while the other one has. Is there some problem of installation?

Also I want to put the Turkish project submod in this.

Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast