Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

Jiang Wei's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

Interesting information indeed Luna, about the famous Almogavares! I agree the SSHIP team should give them more importance in the game. The Catalan merc unit could be the same as the Almoghavar one, though. No need for both maybe. But I was thinking it would be interesting feature to have a special Catalan company building, buildable for the Byzantians at least, in Constantinople and maybe in Greece also. Allowing to recruit Almogavares and other Catalan/Aragonese units. Also, shouldn't the Almogavares be recruitable from earlier on for Aragon? You'll get them in the game only after the event in 1200. They were already used in the Reconquista historically, right?

Almoghavar are even used in Serbian empire as merceneries. So i agree about they importance

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I guess that if we want to be accurate, we need to "link" them to a hidden resource and may be to an event as well, to reflect their avalability during the time in different areas
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoEgo View Post
    Meloo made some Knight of Montesa and Calatrava/Montesa units for his regional knight orders submod for SS6.4( it's also in Titanium), here might be something to look into. I also think a sword infantry for Hungary or an AOR sword unit for Hungary, Poland Lithuania. Maybe make the Basque Archers lighter and make them recruitable earlier for the Iberian factions, give the Merchant cavalry a spear or maybe javelins along with their swords, a skirmisher unit for sicily, or an AOR skirmisher unit for Italian factions, maybe saracen Lucera Skirmishers, that's all I can think of for now. Thanks
    thank you DeathEgo! the regional knight orders submod is pretty interesting, i think that could add in the next release, it is historical accuracy and it has headquarters for all orders..it is a point to consider
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I guess that if we want to be accurate, we need to "link" them to a hidden resource and may be to an event as well, to reflect their avalability during the time in different areas
    i think that almogávares should be recruit about s.XIII and available for Castilla y León and Aragón, and as mercenaries(catalan company) in some areas as Greece,Serbia,and maybe for Anatolia...and a important aspect,give them a particular and new look and stats
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almogavars
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jiang Wei's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Actually it works pretty much in that way already. They'll become recruitable as Catalan mercenaries from 1300 on around Mediterranean. Just give them a new look and give them new stats like Luna said. I suggest giving them at least a cavalry bonus, because they were well known horse killers (also in melee).

this minimods is great and simple...it could add for the next release and it is compatible with western unit overhaul
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Unit-Overhaul) and the new version...http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Overhaul-v2-3
    what do you think?
    Last edited by j.a.luna; July 05, 2015 at 02:33 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

It should be included in the next release as I got the permission from these 2 guys to use their stuff
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

ok,perfect Lifthrasir!!! and ....have someone thought about new buildings for the next release? i have seen something in some mods for you have some ideas
    For instead..http://totalwar.honga.net/faction.ph...f=papal_states look at the city and castle building list!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Do you plan to use those mounts also Lifthrasis ? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(Jan-26-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Do you plan to use those mounts also Lifthrasis ? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-(Jan-26-2015)
    those units are amazing

Blog Entries

If they are included in the pack, yes, they will be in the next release

Hello guys! I continue with the new factions roster... I think that is the big lack of this game...i have been seen much posts and currently i know that achilles is making a units submod and maybe the next version will released in september...however until Lifth don't finish animations won't begin the EDU and new faction units...
    We have seen some possibles units for factions as spain,turks and hungarians..i will post some images about historical units of several factions
    For example it need a italian militia unit,stronger than other spearmen militia factions and different about urban militia spear..these units should be the strong point about italian factions, i guess remember that in vainilla had a italian militia..and also re-skin some important historical units as papal guard,swiss guard,marinae...and also for italian faction as venetia,pisa and maybe genoa create a special building for other factions as colonies( venetian colonie, pisan colonie...) with some stats as improve trade and population but damage the public order and in these buildings can create some italian units(marinae,genoese crossbowmen,italian swordmens...)
    If someone have ideas about new units or interesant buildings for the next release please will post here
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

Just a suggestion: before to think adding units, it might be better to think which one have to be removed to get free slots in the EDU
    That way, you can see how many "new" units you can add

Ok Lifth...i think(and it is so sad for me... because i love the reinassance) removed the late units...units about you only can play with their until about 1450-1500...
    Lancers(cavalry), musketers(not arcabusiers),gendarmes, french lancers(most powerful cavalry), gotic knights, my famous tercios pikemen, many full plate late units, aventuros, condotieros, chivalric knigts...in general all units of this late era..
    It is do it or create a late era as in the vainilla stainless steel where you can create late units but don't create early units as miles,mailled knigts, early spearmen...
    What do you think about this?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

And other question...would is it possible create new buildings for the submod? Do you want new ideas for help you or support you? I think that new buildings for some factions or uniques factions would add much fun at the game and much historical...(in my last post i spoke about italian colonies...other interesant building could be a slave mercenary building for muslims factions..banks where they lend you money...jewish neighborhoods( the jewish were pretty important in the middle age and currently in the game there is nothing about this community)
    Apollinaris could help you( right now i don't have any news about him)
    Last edited by j.a.luna; July 25, 2015 at 02:25 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

About buildings, I let MWY to answer as it's more his stuff that mine

Regarding the EDU, you don't need to remove all late units, but just the one who are almost never used. Also, there are several others to be checked. For example, what's the point to keep the crossbow militia and the urban crossbow militia? They are both recruitable in towns and have the same unit model. The only difference is concerning their stats and amount of soldiers.

Remove Genoese Crossbow Militia & make Genoese Crossbowmen as mercenary? voila, 1 free slot

the reason is Genoa no longer playable, then make Pisa have generic Pavise Crossbow Militia & Crossbowmen

Blog Entries

That's another good example

Another one: what about ballistas? Actually, ballistas were mostly used by the French and in settlement defenses. That's another one that can be removed.

Ok Lifth! If MWY read the building post,please answer here..it would be interesant know about new buildings with new characters..
    If i don't wrong ballistas were removed yet..same catapults.. Remove due units, some mercenaries as longbowmen, i guess that there were 3 or 4 units cards with the same unit( mercenary longbowmen,welsh longbowmen,longbowmen...) one unit card should be enought
    Late units almost never used could be musketers, lancers cavalry,elephants...they appear too late...if someone have ideas for whats units can be removed posted here
    I think that some free slots , re-skin some units and new buildings will be enought for a perfect submod
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,