Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: UNITS ROSTERS discussion

Default Re: NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS

The blue one is the seljuk sultanate in Persia and khwaresm, which historically didn't have janissaries. The sultanate of rum on the other hand does. Also, the turkish project submod is incompatible, though you could possibly port the units over yourself if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Age of Empires 2 HD View Post
    Hello I have a problem,

When I check the custom battle rosters - I find that there are two ottoman factions? The blue one doesn't have jassineries, while the other one has. Is there some problem of installation?

Also I want to put the Turkish project submod in this.
    The blue one is not Ottoman. It is Seljuk turks.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    The blue one is not Ottoman. It is Seljuk turks.
    So which is Ottoman?

Sultanate of rum is the closest, the ottomans didn't exist in this time period

that it is not sure that the selyuk empire will be removed for the khwaresmians, because maybe that the starting date of the game will be 1155...and on this date rules the khwaresmians in Persia,not selyuk empire..this will be discussed later
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

TBH, I just want to play the faction where I can recruit Ottoman Jasineries and so and so forth, after conquering Constantinople in 1453. Which faction is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Age of Empires 2 HD View Post
    TBH, I just want to play the faction where I can recruit Ottoman Jasineries and so and so forth, after conquering Constantinople in 1453. Which faction is it?
    If you want play with janissaries you should choose the rum selyuks(they are in Anatolia)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    If you want play with janissaries you should choose the rum selyuks(they are in Anatolia)
    Which is the historically accuravte faction then to play with?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Both

It just depends if you want to start with a small faction (Rűm) or a big one (Seljuks). But none of them is an easy one to play. Both have their challenge.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Both

It just depends if you want to start with a small faction (Rűm) or a big one (Seljuks). But none of them is an easy one to play. Both have their challenge.
    Damn....I wanted the Green stuff, but alright, the Sultnate of Rum it shall be.

Blog Entries

What "green stuff"?

Our faction colors on map are not the original one from SS. We have changed them to get each faction with the same color as its flag (where it was possible). So in green, at present we have the Fatimids (Egypt) or the Rűm (Anatolia).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Here is a glossary I found about Spanish medieval units and weapons. It might be useful for futur upgrade of the Spanish roster
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spanish glossary on medieval units and weapons.pdf  

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Here is a glossary I found about Spanish medieval units and weapons. It might be useful for futur upgrade of the Spanish roster
    yes Lifthrasir!!! thank you! now ,it just need to do the new models fo units, if you want , you could support in others mods for the spanish model and i can help you also
    i think in the next release you could add again the spanish orders and their buildings(minor and mayor chapter houses about calatrava,santiago and tolosa) these orders were pretty important for the reconquista
    HERE, I GIVE YOU SOME HISTORICAL LINKS AND IMAGES ABOUT "LA RECONQUISTA ESPAŃOLA" FOR HELP NEXT RELEASE....ENJOY IT!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconquista
    http://www.cryhavocfan.org/eng/resou...econquista.pdf

a interesant link....much historical images...https://thelosttreasurechest.wordpre...ta10501492019/

INTERESANTS LINKS...SPANISH ARMIES AND MOORS ARMIES( these archives are in spanish but you can translate )
    http://arrecaballo.es/edad-media/la-...os-cristianos/
    http://arrecaballo.es/edad-media/la-...os-musulmanes/
    Last edited by j.a.luna; June 29, 2015 at 01:07 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jiang Wei's Avatar Foederatus

Hi guys. You might get some ideas for Aragon from here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...f-Aragon/page2

The Catalan Company in service of Byzantian Emperor in a movie based on a Renaissance novel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW28yS9Cess

thank you very much jiang wei!!! it is a interesant information for the news factions rosters...
    here, i give you some information about the famous almogávares and one of the most important spanish unit in the middle age(Aragón)...

Almughavars are the most famous units used by the Crown of Aragon. Originating from deep within the Pyrrenaic valleys of Aragon and Catalonia, it is no wonder these fierce fighting men are called Almughavar, literally meaning "devastator". Their lack of heavy armour allows them great agility in battle. Their cunning and audacity are second to none and their heavy javelins are thrown with such force that will pierce even the best of armour. Despite their light equipment, they have a fearsome reputation.Characteristic weapon of the Almogavaroi were a “coutell” (a spear long enough that it needed to be broken short for close combat) and between two and four javelins (azagaya), thrown with such “speed and violence” that they could kill an armoured man. So effective was this combination in an Almughavar’s experienced hands that on one occasion a single warrior brought down five armoured men, killing two with javelins and bringing down the horses of two more (one with a javelin, the other with his spear), while disabling the fifth with a throwing stone. Although the Catalans devestated the Empire not long ago, their skill as fighters did not go unnoticed, nor had their close proximity in Athens and Sicily. Wearing no armour and equipped in the classic Roman style with two javelins and a short stabbing sword, they could prove very useful to the Romans.

Fierce almogávares company was composed mainly of Valencianos, Aragoneses and Mallorquines, organized into infantry served the Crown of Aragon. They were recruited very young, almost children. The life they led was tough: subjected to a thousand hardships, sleeping in the open and ate every other day and three no.
    They lived by and for war. Race and lineage was that of the ancient Celts, who made tremble and blanch Rome itself.
    They beat and bowed to the armies of France and the Italian principalities, and came to the aid of the emperor of Byzantium where they staged one of the most remarkable military feats in history.
    Almogávar´s leader Roger de Flor, after accepting the offer of the Emperor, with 7,000 men he went to Constantinople. Where he was appointed Grand Duke and which was offered in marriage to a niece of the emperor, after these honors, he went to meet the Turkish army.
    The forces in this first battle were uneven: every Spanish touched him two Turks, but the cry of Desperta Ferro "and Arago Arago !, !, defeated the Ottomans.
    The slaughter after this meeting was brutal: 13,000 dead Turks. After this feat, the Turks managed to lift the siege of Philadelphia and Thira, chasing and killing them where they were.
    In less than a year, the Turks went from pursuers and conquerors to be persecuted and exiled, and finding the Spanishs into Anatolia.
    And it was there that the most famous battle of the almogávares, the Monte Tauro held: Roger de Flor and his steward Berenguer de Rocafort, leading 7,000 Spaniards face planted some 40,000 Turks. Back to the infernal cry !, Arago Arago! and Desperta Ferro !, stormed the Turkish troops, 7,000 children SPANISH FURY. It was a brutal battle, claiming the lives of 18,000 Turks, they retreated in disarray.
    This was the last western army to penetrate into Asia Minor.
    For this feat the emperor granted him a new title: CÉSAR !.
    But the jealousy of the Byzantine aristocracy, to this noble race, were not made to wait and carried out following an invitation to the new Caesar and his generals, a crime that commissioned "Alans" body of German mercenaries in the service of Byzantium.
    But after being assaulted the Spanish camp and a first moment of surprise, almogávares responded with such ferocity and brutality that was put into disarray the murderers, and for days devoted to raze villages. In this craziness not spared this time or children, for the Spaniards seeing fences said, "... it was better to die with honor than live in dishonor."
    The army that was formed to stop the Spaniards by the Byzantine emperor, I do not keep anything, it was simply annihilated by almogávares 26,000 Byzantines were killed after the battle.
    The army of "Alans" was persecuted day and night, his men executed and women Alans turned into lovers of Spanish.
    In a few years also submitted to the Franks who were in some ducats in the area and created the Duchies of Athens and Neopatria, titles that today still holds the KING OF SPAIN.

Almogávares main leaders:
    Berenguer de Entenza.- Aragon.
    Fernando Ximénez de Arenoso.- Valenciano.
    Bernat de Rocafort.- Catalan.
    Corberán de Alet.- Gascon.
    Fernando de Aones.- Aragon.
    Ruggero Von Blume or Roger de Flor.- German.

They conviertieron the Mediterranean Sea and in their particular coined the phrase: ". Off to navigate the Mediterranean to fish shall bear the bars of Aragon"

Many of their descendants are in the Comtat Cocentaina county Admiral Roger de Lliuria was delivered and was repopulated by almogávares.

They never have so few done so much! HONOR AND GLORY FOREVER TO SPAIN.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almogavars

the famous "almogavar coltell"

Roger de Flor and almogavares in Constantinople

Expansion of Crown of Aragón

i think Lifthrasir and sship members could give more importance for almogávares in the game and create a mercenary unit as catalans company( formed by almogavares), all this when it could and it has time
    Meanwhile...we continue with factions rosters...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; July 01, 2015 at 05:39 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

http://newimg.ru/i/1/weAAP.jpg Luna, what you think about those Spanish knights ? They are not mine

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    http://newimg.ru/i/1/weAAP.jpg Luna, what you think about those Spanish knights ? They are not mine
    uoohh! they are wonderful! i think they will be about s.XIV for their armour...are they of another mod or particulary spanish mod?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

Meloo made some Knight of Montesa and Calatrava/Montesa units for his regional knight orders submod for SS6.4( it's also in Titanium), here might be something to look into. I also think a sword infantry for Hungary or an AOR sword unit for Hungary, Poland Lithuania. Maybe make the Basque Archers lighter and make them recruitable earlier for the Iberian factions, give the Merchant cavalry a spear or maybe javelins along with their swords, a skirmisher unit for sicily, or an AOR skirmisher unit for Italian factions, maybe saracen Lucera Skirmishers, that's all I can think of for now. Thanks
    Last edited by DeathtoEgo; July 02, 2015 at 12:45 AM.