Thread: [SUBMOD] "Steady" and "DEEEFEEEND!!!" formations

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Icon7 [SUBMOD] "Steady" and "DEEEFEEEND!!!" formations

Hey R2TR fans,

I've been fiddling around lately and managed to make a mod which adds two new formations to the units.

The first one is called the "Steady formation".

- Only disciplined units can use it. It includes melee infantry and ranged infantry.

The in-game description:

The unit gets into a solid steady formation.The unit moves and charges with a lower speed (-25%), but has higher bracing (+50%) and defence (+5) capability due to the formation. The unit is also less affected by disorder due to the steady formation. But the unit is more vulnerable to missiles and flanking. Unit also can't fire! The formation works optimally when walking, not running.

The in-game icon:

Youtube reference of the combat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7rPY3hq-EM

Screenshots (warning - large images):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The second one is called "DEEEFEEEND!!!" or "Defend only"

This formation has two variants:

- for disciplined units. It includes melee infantry and ranged infantry.

This is not really a formation but a stance. The in-game description:

The unit is passive in attack melee attack), but instead focuses on DEFENDING ONLY (melee defense). The unit is also less affected by disorder due to the passive fighting. The unit moves and charges slowly (-25%), but has higher bracing (+100%) capability due to the formation.

The unit's attack is totally deminished, but it's defence is way up the sky. Very effective when you need time for reinforcements or just wanna fix the enemy.

The in-game icon:

- for not disciplined units. It includes melee infantry and ranged infantry.

The unit is passive in attack melee attack), but instead focuses on DEFENDING ONLY (melee defense). The unit is also less affected by disorder due to the passive fighting. The unit moves and charges with a normal speed, but has higher bracing (+50%) capability due to the formation.

It's almost the same as for the disciplined units, but it's speed is not lowered. On the other hand the bracing bonus is lower than for the disciplined units.

The in-game icon:

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dmboss; June 17, 2015 at 03:35 AM.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Last update: Tweaked hordes' upkeep and stances - March 28th 8:20 AM (GMT -6)

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Default Re: [SUBMOD] "Steady" and "DEEEFEEEND!!!" formations

Nice work, I like how you also considered the new disorder concept and made it a part of it. I will try to check this myself when I have the time, but have some rep now anyway
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Agreed- nice work and + rep for you

MCM

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Thanks, by the way, is the r2tr still alive? Any future updates?

I play a coop campaign as Carthage vs my friend's Rome and I had to up the army limits because the income was ridiculous later in game. I also tripled the unit sizes an with slightly tweaked enhanced particles mod, dynamic music mod, gbj blood mod, more towns and cities mod and this formations mod, the game is perfect!

Only if r2tr continued releasing.

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Yes, we are still developing R2TR We know that buildings and economy need to be revised and we still want to add units and other stuff. Unfortunately CA's constant patching and real life issues have hampered our team and we are still looking for more manpower for the creation of units, db work and graphics in general.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

dmboss's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Yes, we are still developing R2TR We know that buildings and economy need to be revised and we still want to add units and other stuff. Unfortunately CA's constant patching and real life issues have hampered our team and we are still looking for more manpower for the creation of units, db work and graphics in general.
    Right now I'm finishing college and as soon as I get employed in a vfx studio I'll have time to maybe help you guys with the graphical part. Btw I'm a 3D artist and I'm also interested in history .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bj5MLcjGg0

Quick Description Sheet
    Quick Description Graph
    Quick Description Video

Good stuff, mate, your models in that video are really nice! We will happily wait for you

UPDATE I OE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse