Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhammer I & II & III Pictures & Videos Thread

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer - Pictures & Video Thread

For convenience:

Whoever is animating that griffon is doing a superb job. Love how it almost looks like a biped right before landing.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; June 17, 2015 at 11:01 AM.

Shall we start placing bets on how long it takes to see Dwarfs? Yeah, I know that the Empire was destined for the main spotlight, but I was hoping for something Dwarfy, at least.

Citizen

Blog Entries

By the way, I've noticed here:

that there is particle lighting (see how the griffon wing's shadows are reflected in the dust, bottom left of the picture), and for some reason I highly doubt we will be seeing that kind of advanced graphical feature in-game, so I'm guessing actual gameplay might not look that good (just speculation though).

The dust, the lightning, the animations...

It is just... beautiful

Very good details on Reiksguard with Steam Tank

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    For convenience:

Whoever is animating that griffon is doing a superb job. Love how it almost looks like a biped right before landing.
    if all the fantastical elements are animated as good as it looks like the griffon is, it's a good start. though this looks like heavily scripted gameplay, perhaps flying units can land?

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    There's a small glimpse at Warhammer at the end of this trailer

Ugh, that overused Lorde cover. I wish I could enjoy that trailer but I can not stand that cover. It's used every where and it isn't even a good one, hate hearing it more then it needs to be. And the trailer neglects everything before Empire so screw that CA, real nice way to pay respects to the games that help start of your company.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    And the trailer neglects everything before Empire so screw that CA, real nice way to pay respects to the games that help start of your company.
    Is meant to be a cool cinematic trailers. Anything pre-Empire looks really dated nowdays, it's not something you want to show to the people at E3 to be honest.

And in all honesty, who cares, I just skipped the entire trailer up to the Warhammer bit.

Unbelievable that they are more proud on Empire than RTW and MTW2.

But hell I will enjoy these sweet sweet cinematics.

perhaps flying units can land?
    Eurogamer confirmed flyers would land to engage enemies.

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

For convenience:

Thanks for making a gif. I can't figure out how to have two videos in one post (it says I'm not allowed to) so I'll use this instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    Shall we start placing bets on how long it takes to see Dwarfs? Yeah, I know that the Empire was destined for the main spotlight, but I was hoping for something Dwarfy, at least.
    I assume that the Empire and Orcs were showcased first because of their relatively straightforward implementation. There will probably be a Dwarf vs. Vampire Counts battle showcased later (is there a lore-based battle between these two races?)
    Last edited by LordInvictus; June 18, 2015 at 12:06 AM.

Is meant to be a cool cinematic trailers. Anything pre-Empire looks really dated nowdays, it's not something you want to show to the people at E3 to be honest.
    As if Total War fans care if something looks dated or not, and Empire itself is starting to look dated so I really do not see the point. But then again, my biggest grip is that overrated cover.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    As if Total War fans care if something looks dated or not, and Empire itself is starting to look dated so I really do not see the point. But then again, my biggest grip is that overrated cover.
    As if everyone at E3 is a Total War fan.

So E3 fans would ignore the trailer for Warhammer, simply because they would be disgusted by 2004/2006 graphics?

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So E3 fans would ignore the trailer for Warhammer, simply because they would be disgusted by 2004/2006 graphics?
    E3 is meant to impress and hype people, showing them an outdated 2000-2006 game would not achieve precisely that.

Most of the E3 public consists of console crowds and casuals, and those are often more impressed by flashy trailers than by physically feasible cavalry charges or historically accurate sandals.

They probably have their own reasons not to include those games in the trailers. Thinking that they are not proud of them (specially considering how huge Rome TW was for CA) seems a tad unreasonable to me.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; June 18, 2015 at 09:25 AM.

Come on, don't bite it or we'll have the "Carthage" syndrome all over again. Some of the soldiers turned their faces to watch the incoming griffon, if so advanced graphics are present in the game, I'll eat my hat. After all, the trailer was full of inexistent stuff, as we can see by the naval battle of the ETW trailer and the duel between the samurais.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 18, 2015 at 10:43 AM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Come on, don't bite it or we'll have the "Carthage" syndrome all over again. Some of the soldiers turned their faces to watch the incoming griffon, if so advanced graphics are present in the game, I'll eat my hat. After all, the trailer was full of inexistent stuff, as we can see by the naval battle of the ETW trailer and the duel between the samurais.
    I think you misread my post. I was saying precisely that.

In any case, the animator who designed that scene deserves credit, in my opinion.

I think you misread my post. I was saying precisely that.
    Derp, I accidentally quoted your post, sorry. Anyway, the animators will have a hard job in Warhammer. It's not only the issue of the dozens of different creatures, but they are also forced to handle different heights. From small, like dwarves, to medium, like humans, to tall, like giants, and large, like those tanks or the griffons. Hopefully, they'll do better than the axe-stabbing of R2.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    It's not only the issue of the dozens of different creatures, but they are also forced to handle different heights. From small, like dwarves, to medium, like humans, to tall, like giants, and large, like those tanks or the griffons. Hopefully, they'll do better than the axe-stabbing of R2.
    That's probably why they said that they've brought back the old "smack the enemy" melee system as a replacement for the 1vs1 duels. I imagine there will still be some pre-set duel animations between some units (like faction leaders).

Is this the Proof that CA is not capable to make an worthy successor for MTW2 ?