Thread: [Submod] "Insert_Title_Here" recruitment changes very W.I.P.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default [Submod] "Insert_Title_Here" recruitment changes very W.I.P.

Hey guys, here is a little submod i made for my own, and envision way bigger in the future...
    It now just scratches the surface of what some of us posted here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rowed-from-P-P

Attachment 326322

It just adds recruitment slots and unit experience gain for barracks, for now just Hellenic and Roman ones.
    The effects increase with Tier.

The logic behind it is:

• Bigger Barracks = more space for recruits
    • Dedicated training buildings? Wouldn´t they be included in basic training barracks?

I want this to encompass all cultures in the end, and also plan on unlocking a faction´s core infantry units from tier 2 on, even the elite ones.

Rome already has access to Triarii from Tier 2 on, but the Hellenic factions need to wait for Tier 3-4 barracks to get elite infantry?
    Major screw-up on CA´s part.

Something I´d like to add, but have no idea how or if it´s even possible, would be different food consumption for professionals, semi-professionals and levies, as a man not ploughin his field is a man dearly missed.

Well then, please give me all the feedback you have, I´ll need it, as i have no idea what kinda havoc it will cause on the campaign map!

Best regards!

Edit: I´ve attached an updated version, icludes hellenic basic and elite units being available from the beginning
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maetharin; July 03, 2015 at 06:40 AM.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Default Re: [Submod] "Insert_Title_Here" recruitment changes very W.I.P.

I'm fully in support of these recruitment changes, having all rosters available (minus reform units) only makes sense.

If you were to make it so that Elite Units would be recruit able from lv2 Barracks you should significantly increase their maintenance so that they can't be spammed. Also I think the reason behind Triarii being in lv2 barracks is that Marian units are in lv3 barracks and Imperial in lv4. Also the tech for lv3 Barracks for Hellenic factions is in the second tier of Management whilst lv3 for Roman Barracks is in the third tier.

This can be used in conjunction with the increased unit costs submod, so doing it in this is kind of redundant. Probably better to keep normal prices in this sub mod, then if someone also wants them to be more expensive they can also use the increased cost sub mod.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

I think elite units are rather expensive already, so unless one already has a lot of money (from satrapies f.e.), they are more of a liability than of any use...
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

I love the idea of this mod, but I can't download until the other cultures get similar access to their units in the interest of game balance. That being said, once you do get all the other cultures finished, I will definitely download and use this. Will you be applying these changes to the other recruitment chains such as cavalry and siege equipment, or just leaving it for the infantry barracks?

That is odd as I tend to be able to spam Elite units after about turn 100 if I bother to get the techs.