Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modding possibilties

Default Modding possibilties

If TW: Warhammer will be open for modding we could have an ultimate Lord of the Rings mod for TW series. Im presuming that heroes will be supported, along with different kinds of monsters.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Modding possibilties

There will be no moding support, so it would be hard to do anything other than replace units and tweak the ai.

As Ciciro said, no mod support this time.

There's already another thread going on where we are discussing this issue: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-map-et-cetera

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Taro_M View Post
    If TW: Warhammer will be open for modding we could have an ultimate Lord of the Rings mod for TW series. Im presuming that heroes will be supported, along with different kinds of monsters.
    hey taro_m no mod support from developers, so it will be harder, but i doubt impossible.

Yomamashouse's Avatar Semisalis

Modding? Who needs modding? This is the age of DLC. Now you can pay money for parts of the game that should have been there in the first place.

No there will be no supported modding.

Without mod support the devs better respond to feedback a lot better because mods fix a ton of issues with every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Riekopo View Post
    Without mod support the devs better respond to feedback a lot better because mods fix a ton of issues with every game.
    I don't know how true it is, but I'd like to think that support will be decent, given that they've got two further games coming down the pipe. It wouldn't inspire many people to buy into the second and third installments if they do a poor job of handling the first one.

It's certainly not a given, but it'd be in their best interest as a business to support Total Warhammer well.

Aye, I hope the expansions are not just going to be glorified faction packs that come with new provinces but actually add new gameplay mechanics and respond to feedback from the playerbase.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

No modding, no buy!

Would be cool. If they allowed as a form of modding to introduce new units , this wouln't break any copyright to the Warhammer Franchise.

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

There will still be modding just no official mod tools.

I'm not super familiar with modding in the TW3 engine, but I hope that simple rebalance mods, and adding custom units based on stock assets will still be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    I'm not super familiar with modding in the TW3 engine, but I hope that simple rebalance mods, and adding custom units based on stock assets will still be possible.

This, my personnal dream is to be able to add Rome 2 legions to tilea and watch them fight orcs :p

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

There is no modding allowed because its a different team within CA that is working in collaboration with another company I believe is Relic, CA don't fully hold the rights and so can't claim or add its own company features such as modding support and tools etc. Because they don't have full ownership there is no way for them to allow the game to be manipulated by client side use with support and tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    As this isn’t just a CA game, regretfully there are no plans to support modding for Total War: Warhammer. An Assembly Kit is will be available very shortly for Total War: ATTILA however, and we will continue to support modding for that title and plan to for future historical Total Wars.

-Will CA

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

That's weird because Relic games have some of the coolest mods out there (like Blitzkrieg mod for Company of Heroes).

This is the first time I'm hearing that relic is supposed to be involved.

Domesticus

If you will be open to modding, I prefer these two:

Lord of the Rings

Games of Thrones

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    This is the first time I'm hearing that relic is supposed to be involved.
    It's only my assumption as from what Will said in that the game isn't "just a CA game", which could hint that its a collaboration with another company. If it were the best one would be with Relic, they pretty much control most of the warhammer franchise in terms of PC games and have good relations with CA with previous connections such as the make war not love events.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    It's only my assumption as from what Will said in that the game isn't "just a CA game", which could hint that its a collaboration with another company. If it were the best one would be with Relic, they pretty much control most of the warhammer franchise in terms of PC games and have good relations with CA with previous connections such as the make war not love events.
    I believe he meant that they have to take into account Games Workshop contractual conditions, not that they were working with another developer.

That statement can mean 2 things. Either moddability is at least up to ETW level, or they encrypt the files to try and prevent any modding altogether. I don't see them doing the latter. I see myself losing a lot if interest if minor modding (unit stats, tech times etc) is not possible.

Also when they mention another company it's Games Workshop they are talking about, always worried about the bloody IP.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast