Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shogun and Medieval are coming to Steam!

Default Re: Shogun and Medieval are coming to Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael11 View Post
    On the note of Redux,could someone explain exactly how to correctly install it? As unzipping the files directly into the Medieval Folder doesn't work,nor does copying them directly into the folder.
    It keeps creating multiple folders for the separate files which is frustrating to no end.
    To expound on what Stazi said a bit.........

You must open each folder he has noted so you are able to see all contents of said folder then copy paste those into your MTW VI Gold folder. Do this for all 3 and you should be fine.

Huzzah, at last i buyed it ! It's compatible with NTW mod ?

Yes it is. I tested it.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Wow just stumbled across this. I still have my original mtw and vi disks so not sure it's worth buying. Is anyone coordinating multiplayer using gameranger now it's been re-released? I'd definitely buy it for some multiplayer action.

Ok well I bought it via steam and multiplayer is supported by gameranger. I will host frequently in search of some online games if anyone is interested in meeting up for some nostalgic fun.

MTW: VI that is

Good morning,

So I got MTW through steam, and I start the game.

I noticed that it is running EXTREMELY slow; moving around in the campaign map is slow, battles are a bit better, but overall.... SLOW.

can anybody help?

I have quite a decent rig, so I know that shouldn't be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

THE P-MAN
    Chuck Norris can make a paraplegic run for his life.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

How is the Steam version? I was thinking of stopping to use my dusty old disk versions because I have some trouble running Shogun 1 and Medieval 1 ever since I bought a new PC earlier this year and stopped using Windows XP.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

@Pelican Man - I experienced this to start with and found that two things resolved it. First thing was updating my graphics driver. Have 2 GTX 670 and the driver upgrade really helped. The second thing was to remove Nvidia experience (just uninstall it) - it's the software that comes with the driver package but it causes issues in numerous games. You can select what to install if you choose advanced install on your driver package and untick nvidia experience, or just use the tools in ccleaner to run the uninstaller. If you have nvidia graphics cards, these two actions should resolve it!

@General Maximus - it's actually really good. The fullscreen support makes the game feel genuinely modern. At first the rough hacks they've added to fix some of the display issues grated on me, but after you get used to the white bar over the scroll notifications and the unusually small notification text, it actually feels more polished and absorbing fullscreen. Buy it, for $10 you can't really complain IMO. I have my trusty old disk on standby, and still use it for my XL install, but am really enjoying the native game with the fullscreen enabled.

Oh and support request of my own: I cannot get gameranger to recognise the new install, which means I've been unable to host multiplayer. It works for my other install, but this requires the disk and is xl patched, so it won't work with other players. Can anyone advise how to get gameranger to recognise the steam install to enable multiplayer?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    How is the Steam version? I was thinking of stopping to use my dusty old disk versions because I have some trouble running Shogun 1 and Medieval 1 ever since I bought a new PC earlier this year and stopped using Windows XP.
    I haven't played Shogun TW much, but I've played Medieval TW a lot and it looks great plus I don't have to use this MTW-CTD Fix as I had to with the old disks.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Steam version works really better on various Windows. I used to play it on Win7, and applied no hacks at all for it to run smoothly.
    But on the other hand, Steam version is way buggier in Wine, to extent it's not possible to play at all. For those interested in Wine issue - https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43926

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234