Hey guys, a conundrum.

I extracted the main game's .dat files and received all the sounds, and when I rebuilt them (with changes in .txt files, of course), a unit's sounds went missing. I thought it was simply due to not having all 39 .txt files -- apparently wrong. The extractor (XIDX), after some look-into, didn't seem to extract a soundfile called "Mongolian_Heavy_Generic_Heavy_Infantry_1 (and) 2.wav".

So in turn, the dismounted heavy lancers went silent, even though the export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt stated it should exist and be used for that unit. I can only blame the not-so-recent update that happened to break a ton of things simultaneously, because before that the file was extracted correctly, without issue and was used correctly for the appropriate unit.

I've tried a couple of things to attempt to counter this;

-check Med2's folder to allow for UAC -- it was all good
-Extract sounds from the official mods such as Teutonic and Crusader (to which Teutonic didn't comply, another apparent issue regarding the damned unpacker).
-turn UAC off completely and attempt to extract -- no avail

My next step is to try to download a severely large mod to find if the file extracts correctly or not. Highly unlikely to find a good candidate let alone make it extract, but steps must be taken I guess.

Anyroad, what gives? Anyone else experiencing stuff like this? I'd appreciate some solutions if there are any left.

Thanks!