Thread: Question about the Warhammer Map

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Question about the Warhammer Map

I know Warhammer is a Sci-Fi universe, so I assume that the map will be planets and the "Ocean" will be space for space battles and stuff?

I'm wondering because if it is, this could make for a decent Star Wars or Halo mod.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about the Warhammer Map

I fear the game is about Warhammer Fantasy, not about Warhammer 40k. Warhammer 40k is indeed sci-fi, but the original Warhammer, the one which will be depicted in the TW game, is set in a late medieval/renaissance fantasy setting, so no space battles
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; June 08, 2015 at 06:29 PM.

You're thinking Warhammer 40,000; this is game is based on Warhammer Fantasy (i.e. it's not a Sci-Fi setting).

Very much generic fantasy in a quasi-Gothic/Renaissance setting.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Yomamashouse's Avatar Semisalis

You have 40K and WHFB confused. If this had been the early 90's then the two would be linked, but now they seem to have separated the two.

Yomamashouse has the right of it, they are seperate settings.

To just nip any "is there any connections at all" questions in the bud, no there is not.

The two settings are in two completely different realities. With fantasy part of a reality where the realms of chaos and magic make up a large part of it's universe (shown in one novel where a planet was so infused with magical wavelengths that the celestial college couldn't see it with telescopes nor their own incantations, only Lustria had the ancient knowledge to know of the planet's existence) and 40k is set within our own reality, a note of this being that the God Emperor's palace takes up the entirety of Europe.

Just setting the record straight.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ah okay. I know nothing about Warhammer, I just assumed it was Warhammer 40K cause that's what everyone seems to talk about when I hear of it.

There's a tale that it's a lost world, possibly a Maiden World, near or in the Eye of Terror.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Man if it was W40K i'd be freaking hyped, imagine the whole map being of the galaxy, with cities being planets, and a minimum of 500 of them... All races included, obviously the fleets in total war games would serve as the main unit in the map, excluding those garrisoning planets and such. Each planet would have its own view and would work like RTW and M2TW with their terrain, meaning whatever the tile has in the campaign map in the planet view, you get on the battle map.

If you are invading a planet, you choose a tile of your preferance outside the main defenses and cities of the enemy, so you can build up your force and contest the planet, then the planet would have a small map (small compared to the galaxy map) like you see on Mass Effect 2 and 3 with all the important sites and you could decide what to do and etc (attack an outpost, attack the main city, build up your forward base, etc).

The battles itself would be a super enlarged Men of War battle. With Total War numbers (well the numbers you get when you enable 40 units per army.... 25k soldiers in a single battle), and all the characteristics of Men of War (cover system, small squads though A LOT MORE squads, and etc). With Titans as well and powers and special abilites. Also obviously the 1000 Space Marines would have to managed on their own being outnumbered by everyone like its supposed to, i'd say all the Space Marine chapters would appear at the start of the campaign and you coudnt recruit any more. They would be the elite of the elite where you'd deploy them only when it was really needed. The main force would be the IG. (im thinking it would be better and more cool if the Imperium was 1 united faction and not divided like in Dawn of War)

Could balance the imperium out with its overextension and such, and the tyranids obviously. It would freaking rock.
    Last edited by Wulfburk; June 09, 2015 at 10:20 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Oh indeed, the scale alone for such a game would be mind-blowingly epic. Massive space battles between titanic vessels with thousands of space-fighters flying around them like gnats. The land battles would be without peer, the entirety of a planet a mere battlefield for your soldiers and the option to conquer that planet or blast it into oblivion and move on like nothing of import happened. You truly would feel of god-like status.

The imperium of man would be a challenge within itself. I believe you should start out fully united between the multiple factions within the imperium but as your reach extends and the ceaseless war pushes you to more difficult demands. Your once loyal factions will start acting on their own accord and seek to undermine you, contact with chaos forces alone would have them question your faith and sanity.

Hopefully someday, in the far future, we will witness such a game.